Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wes Welker out vs. New England?

oldunclemark

Passing game: Yes.

Running game: No.

Coaching: Hell no.

Special Teams: Yes.

Defense: No. Even with their injuries the Patriots have always been turnover generating machines.

I'd say it's pretty close.

On TV..many are saying they are  'sure' Wes Welker would not miss playing against NE but in Denver's media there appears to be doubt...

He isn't allowed to practice (NFL concussion rules) until Friday and if the cant go Friday., he cant play.

If Welker isn't playing...then NE should be favored

WELKER CLERAED TO PLAY

Jules I was with blaclout since start of Broncos gamed  so thanks 4 taking overm,, also just  now on battery backup again so will be off as looks like power out again, back to hotel ? 

Interim head coach Jack Del Rio reported after Friday's practice that if there were a definite category on the injury report, a checkmark would go next to Welker's name

"But first and foremost we want to know that we've done the right thing by the player. He has passed all the protocol things that have to happen."

The Broncos injury report was generally encouraging except for tight end Julius Thomas and defensive back Champ Bailey. Both were limited in practice and listed as questionable.

((( to me that means no for Baliey and qusetionable for JT, he has knee issues, but what do i know  ??  )))

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24580856/wes-welker-full-participant-at-broncos-practice-probable

WELKER CLERAED TO PLAY

Jules I was with blaclout since start of Broncos gamed  so thanks 4 taking overm,, also just  now on battery backup again so will be off as looks like power out again, back to hotel ? 

Interim head coach Jack Del Rio reported after Friday's practice that if there were a definite category on the injury report, a checkmark would go next to Welker's name

"But first and foremost we want to know that we've done the right thing by the player. He has passed all the protocol things that have to happen."

The Broncos injury report was generally encouraging except for tight end Julius Thomas and defensive back Champ Bailey. Both were limited in practice and listed as questionable.

((( to me that means no for Baliey and qusetionable for JT, he has knee issues, but what do i know  ??  )))

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24580856/wes-welker-full-participant-at-broncos-practice-probable

I thought I had read that Julius Thomas was a go.  

Oh well Julius Thomas while a loss isn't as big of a loss as Welker would have been if you ask me.  

Oh well Julius Thomas while a loss isn't as big of a loss as Welker would have been if you ask me.  

I agree  Valpo.....

LBs and safeties cant cover Wes...you have to put a cornerback on him and that puts you with 5 backs on most plays....

NE is short healthy defensive backls

...Denver can run against a 6-man front  with Ball and Moreno....

Welker's the key to a lot of the big numbers they've done this year

They did with Endleman and Amendola. Plus the Pats have moved away from being so slot centric which is never healthy for an O to a more down the field attack with Dobson and Thompkins on the outside. Watch some of their games. You'll see.

Make your mind up. Simply, they have not replaced the 'slot guy', well, not with any quality. And if they have moved away from it, it is probably because it is not as easy as you made out.

Or maybe they are moving away from it because it has never worked in the past?

Make your mind up. Simply, they have not replaced the 'slot guy', well, not with any quality. And if they have moved away from it, it is probably because it is not as easy as you made out.

Or maybe they are moving away from it because it has never worked in the past?

They have replaced it adequately but they had been planning to move away from it being the central focus last year but injuries forced the play to Welker. It is too easy to defend. Their O this year is much less predictable with threats on the outside as well as the middle and a stout run game.

Passing game: Yes.

Running game: No.

Coaching: Hell no.

Special Teams: Yes.

Defense: No. Even with their injuries the Patriots have always been turnover generating machines.

I'd say it's pretty close.

PS , a quick one as can only use hotel computer sparingly

agree Welker over Jt for quick hits in Freezing weather

One new Bronco Starting injury forgot  as on IR

Rahim Moore starting  FS replaced also by Mike Adams a past starting SS who lost job to Duke as Rahim is on IR designated to return for playoffs if can as had emergency surgery for lateral thigh compartment syndrome, which basically iss a cut off of blood to muscles

-----------

Moore played in a team-high 98.8 percent of the defensive snaps — only coming out in goal-line packages — this season until he was stricken with lateral compartment syndrome, a blood-flow condition that required emergency surgery Monday morning.

He will miss the final six games of the regular season, though there is a chance he could return for the playoffs.

Read more: Broncos need free safety fill-in for Sunday - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24584408/broncos-need-free-safety-fill-sunday#ixzz2lTVjBBDL  

I agree  Valpo.....

LBs and safeties cant cover Wes...you have to put a cornerback on him and that puts you with 5 backs on most plays....

NE is short healthy defensive backls

...Denver can run against a 6-man front  with Ball and Moreno....

Welker's the key to a lot of the big numbers they've done this year

Are you sure you want that job title..??   haha ;)

i doint want it ( LOL ) getting to be to much time involved for all i have to do elsewhere but is good escape for me too, need a balance, bye as just noted above, hotel use of computer allowed sparingly

really hate thgis aarticle but all figures / stats show peyton gets worse below  freezing , not only artle I read that says same,

I hope a three headed monster appears of Moreno, Ball and CJ anderson and run down there throat and then a winning TD with 1 second left to welker, thats justice, -- next yerar broncos play ne again in ne

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/11/22/peyton-manning-playing-in-the-cold-breaking-down-the-numbers/23403/

hate to say it but check weather,, makes last week look warm     better than t playoff gamne but still horrendous and what a wind chill

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/foxborough-ma/02035/evening-weather-forecast/2089589?day=2

must get off computer now , business people need video  conferance calling from hotel on Sat am,   Thats  crazy , they should just rest but work is work and all here trying to make do with conditions

They have replaced it adequately but they had been planning to move away from it being the central focus last year but injuries forced the play to Welker. It is too easy to defend. Their O this year is much less predictable with threats on the outside as well as the middle and a stout run game.

I originally thought you were a troll, but clearly you are not. You just need to be always right.

Which you are not.

I just make points supported with evidence/facts when they are available. You can disagree with them. It is a forum after all.

But you don't. Recently you complained about hypothetical situations and conjecture, yet you continually brag about Brady being the GOAT. Which is impossible to confirm. And this discussion...slot guys are easy to replace...then you change your argument to suit you being right.

Oh. Who cares.

But you don't. Recently you complained about hypothetical situations and conjecture, yet you continually brag about Brady being the GOAT. Which is impossible to confirm. And this discussion...slot guys are easy to replace...then you change your argument to suit you being right.

Oh. Who cares.

I have repeatedly said that I think Brady is the GOAT and I believe there is evidence to support that claim. But in terms of a definitive goat that all can agree on? Impossible. All any player can be is the best of his generation and everything else is up for conjecture. Some believe Marino is the GOAT. I disagree but understand the position to an extent when you look at his career.

Slot guys are easy to replace in terms of position and production but not the best at his position like Welker. That is why the Pats have BOTH Endelman and Amendola and got legit threats on the outside. The slot is filled but the O is less predictable.

I have repeatedly said that I think Brady is the GOAT and I believe there is evidence to support that claim. But in terms of a definitive goat that all can agree on? Impossible. All any player can be is the best of his generation and everything else is up for conjecture.

1000% right. :yes:

LOL no. Just a good fun week and I still like Brady vs. Manning.

I think I am rooting for Denver for this one since it's more realistic the Colts try and fight for the second seed over the first....

Regardless though the Colts have to win themselves.....