Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's A Big Draft For Cbs

We don't have to pick a CB in the first round... we could get a good quality CB in the 2nd round and even in the 3rd. I think we should go with Stephon Gimore,who plays in a nickel defense... a lot and plays a lot of zone or Jayron Hosley, who play s man and zone. Gilmore is the better pick, but both are quality early 2nd round CBs. With that being said, we don't need to trade down to get Claibourne or Kirkpatrick.

:ttth: no trade back get kirkpatrick or claborne

and still get cliff harris in 3rd

yall may not be watching the same team as me but unless some one shows other wise we need corners at least 2 in the first 3 rounds

were ranked 12th againts the run at 3.9 ypc pat and conner are ok and wheeler we can live with it but we are horrible at cb and ss

if i were in charge i would do this

trade back get a this year second and next year first

1. kirkpatrick or claborne cb 6'2" corner to battle with andre and the other big wr with good ball skills and can hit like a saftey :beg:

2. robert griffin lll qb 4.40 speed qb that accurate something we never had :superman:

2. ray ray amstrong ss 6'4" strong saftey great size can cover and hit he's from the "U" :rules: what more can i say

3. cliff harris cb 4.40 speed corner that can cover the speedy wideouts that seem to kill use and has good ball skills :thanks:

4. Ryan Miller og big 6'8" 305 pound guard to develop guess deim is not back and :clap:

Edited by jbaron04

How do you expect to get Jeff Fuller in the 4th round in your dream draft? I would take him with the first pick in the 2nd or late in the 1st as the eventual succesor for Reggie Wayne.

I'd also pick Morris Claiborne instead of Manti Teo. I don't know about Janoris Jenkins because of his character concerns.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

How do you expect to get Jeff Fuller in the 4th round in your dream draft? I would take him with the first pick in the 2nd or late in the 1st as the eventual succesor for Reggie Wayne.

I'd also pick Morris Claiborne instead of Manti Teo. I don't know about Janoris Jenkins because of his character concerns.

Strangely enough when I checked cbssports last night they had him pegged as the 91st player overall. But after I read your post I went to the website today and looked and now he is the 51st. But they don't have Alshon Jeffery or Justin Blackmon on their list so I don't know what is up. Anyways I just go by what they project.

Edited by AustinCollie17(Braxton B.)

Strangely enough when I checked cbssports last night they had him pegged as the 91st player overall. But after I read your post I went to the website today and looked and now he is the 51st. But they don't have Alshon Jeffery or Justin Blackmon on their list so I don't know what is up. Anyways I just go by what they project.

It looks like they've removed all underclassmen. Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley and Landry Jones have also been removed. The #1 QB prospect now is Ryan Tannehill.

Why do some people like Kirkpatrick so much? I'm sorry I haven't seen him play yet... Is he THAT good that people want us to use a first rounder on him? There are alot of good CBs in this class

I don't think Kirkpatrick would be a good selection with a top 5 pick but if we trade back to the middle of the 1st i would consider him. He delivers big hits and plays solid in zone coverage but have seen him get burned a few times.

I don't think Kirkpatrick would be a good selection with a top 5 pick but if we trade back to the middle of the 1st i would consider him. He delivers big hits and plays solid in zone coverage but have seen him get burned a few times.

Thanks! Sounds like the colts could really use a guy like that (without the getting burned a few times part). I just hope his play is consistent

I read that Dre Kirkpatrick struggles in zone coverage, so I don't know what he is good at now. He is physically talented though, but I heard that he is inconsistent.

I like Morris Claiborne out of LSU better than Dre Kirkpatrick right now. Claiborne has been very consistent and is really talented as well.

I read that Dre Kirkpatrick struggles in zone coverage, so I don't know what he is good at now. He is physically talented though, but I heard that he is inconsistent.

I like Morris Claiborne out of LSU better than Dre Kirkpatrick right now. Claiborne has been very consistent and is really talented as well.

If we draft CB in round 1 then I would want to trade back and take Claiborn. I think Claiborn is more prepared to start right away. Kirkpatrick is very good and has tremendous talent but is still young and somewhat inexperienced. He has a ton of potential if the right coaches work with him. Still, I wouldn't want to spend a top 5 pick on him.

Edited by Jason

If we draft CB in round 1 then I would want to trade back and take Claiborn. I think Claiborn is more prepared to start right away. Kirkpatrick is very good and has tremendous talent but is still young and somewhat inexperienced. He has a ton of potential if the right coaches work with him. Still, I wouldn't want to spend a top 5 pick on him.

Yeah, I would trade back and get Claiborne somewhere from #10 to #20 overall. I don't think a CB would be a very good value in the top 5 unless he plays like Patrick Peterson last year.

Another reason that I like Claiborne is that the LSU players always seem to be coached really well. There secondary could probably play in the NFL right now, that's how good they are.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

• 3 weeks later...

Although this is a fairly deep draft for CB's, I think it's time to invest a high pick in an elite-level talent at CB. You can get by with finding diamonds in the rough for a while, but not when your secondary is the weakest link in your defense. It has been painfully obvious that our secondary needs a huge influx of new talent, and it's worth spending a mid-1st or early-2nd round pick to get a top-notch CB (or two). While we have found good starters in the late rounds with Bethea and Powers, you can still see where that "I hope we get lucky this round!" approach has taken us. Our defensive secondary is a joke, and it's time to turn it around.

The last time we used a 1st-round pick was on Marlin Jackson, and even then it was a late 1st-round pick. If we have a chance to do so, the Colts definitely need to either trade down or acquire a mid-1st round draft pick and use it on a guy like Morris Claiborne from LSU or Dre Kirkpatrick from Alabama. For once, let's INVEST in our secondary by selecting a stud, instead of hoping and praying that a late-round pick pans out. In other words, instead of throwing darts from 20 feet away and occasionally getting close to the center, let's stand 2 feet away from the board and hit a BULLS-EYE.

Invest in the secondary, influx it with talent, and good things will follow. It's what we did last year with our offensive line picks, and it is going to pay off. I think this year's focus definitely needs to be our defensive secondary (and QB lol), and I would be thrilled if we finally gave it the attention that it has needed for years.

This team needs a lot more than one coverage corner, more like two coverage corners, a seriously talented nose tackle, some more physical linebackers, and an impact strong safety that really puts the wood in people. Just all around skill, swagger, and tenacity from the people brought in to Indy. They need a new façade on defense, cause obviously this soft stuff isn’t working for anybody. The top teams in the league this season, record wise, for the most part (Ravens, Steelers, 49ers, Bengals, and Giants) all play tough physical defense!

Then its logical to select our future CB pick with the 2nd or 3rd pick.

Yes and it just goes to show you that if you pick a guy like Powers in the 3rd round, imagine what you could get in the 2nd. Jerraud has soo much potential and is already a good corner, so we could easily draft a future shutdown corner in the next draft.