Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Receivers

Manning1887

First off, it was great to see Fleener so involved in the offense last night, and I hope the team utilizes him more and he can build off of this game.

That being said, he has been a disappointment thus far. He absolutely has had an issue with drops. There has been more than one drop. Some of the issue is exactly what you said, he has to stay in and block more. Some of it, however, is the same problem we have with these young receivers, an inability to get open. That is largely a product of poor route running.

Tonight, I think Pep utilized Fleener in the best way, crossing routes on play action. That is great when the D is playing man coverage. As our D found out, crossing routes are tough to defend when the offense can get some protection.

Hopefully, Fleener will continue to be utilized more and his confidence will grow. I am not giving up on him by any means. We need him to step up if we have any hope of doing anything in the playoffs.

Fleener only has 4 drops in his career. Only 1 this season.

Just saw this thread including several posts from one guy who says Luck is terrible without Reggie. Obviously Luck misses Reggie but if the guy looked at the stats he'd see Luck has had three really bad games stats wise and two of those, Miami and San Diego, were with Reggie. Reggie is a fine player but we saw in 2011 that a great QB is ten times more important than any receiver.

I'm a colt Fan and have been since the early 1970's.  Can I please ask the question why is Darrius Heyward-Bey still on this team?  I have seen this guy make more critical drops than any receiver I have seen on any team in a long time. I know he's fast but the guy couldn't catch a cold.  You can't rely on a guy like that.  He seems timid anywhere over the middle or in any kind of traffic.  He was worth a try but please get rid of this guy.  I sure was happy with the win last night but some things are becoming pretty obvious.  Heyward-Bey needs to go and Cleveland got over on us on that Richardson trade.  Richardson seems lost out there.  Can we get our number one pick back pretty please!  And for the love of all that's holy can we stop spotting teams 14-20 points before we start playing.  My old heart can't take it anymore.  I love the Colts and always will.

MO from Rocklin, CA

:blueshoe:  :disco:  :fb:  :goodluck:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :clap:  

I'll take a picture of what it shows on my screen if you would like. Besides I still wasn't talking about Luck in this game. 

No need for a screen cap. I don't think you are lying. The timestamp on this site already adjusted for your timezone so you subtracting an hour is just repetitive.

But since you have made it clear that you were not talking about this game, then I guess we can just leave it at that. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Seemed fine to me. 

27 and 30 points vs. two divisional rivals with good defenses on the road?  Yeah Luck and co. will be fine.  Of course it will be harder without Reggie.  But Luck will find a way.  Fleener is about ready to explode.

No need for a screen cap. I don't think you are lying. The timestamp on this site already adjusted for your timezone so you subtracting an hour is just repetitive.

But since you have made it clear that you were not talking about this game, then I guess we can just leave it at that. 

I don't think it adjusts. Whenever I post or am quoted it shows it as an hour later than what my time zone actually is.

I'm using PFF and there definition is if it touches you and you don't catch it, it's a drop.

hmm that's actually wrong if you have the ball hit your hands and you drop it without the influence of a defender hitting(or touching) you it a drop he the defender hits you while in the process of you catching it, it just called good defending