Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs WR Bowe arrested on pot, speeding charges

bayone

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe was arrested outside Kansas City over the weekend on charges of speeding and possessing marijuana, throwing his status for a pivotal AFC West showdown against the Denver Broncos into question

((( from what i could tell lerss thaan 1 ounce of Pot involved &   going 48 in a 35 MPH zone ))

Bowe was cited for speeding and possession of a controlled substance, police said. He posted $750 bond and is scheduled to appear in Riverside court on Dec. 18.

It's unclear whether Bowe will be available for the game.

He was suspended four games in 2009 for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing drugs after taking what his agent, Todd France, called an unapproved weight-loss supplement. But that policy differs from the NFL's most recent substance-abuse policy, which governs illegal drugs and alcohol abuse.

While penalties have varied, Commissioner Roger Goodell historically has suspended players one game without pay and fined them an additional game check for possession of marijuana.

Bowe has had trouble getting open in Reid's offense, and has been subjected to constant double-teams. He has 33 catches for 369 yards and two touchdowns through the first nine games.

Read more: Chiefs WR Bowe arrested on pot, speeding charges - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines/ci_24506359/chiefs-wr-bowe-arrested-pot-speeding#ixzz2kSZcPLiX  

Great timing on Bowe's part. :bored:

Because the Chiefs needed to be even worse on offense. Well played Dwayne Bowe.

Lets see if and for what game he is suspended , they play in order , Broncos, Chargers, Broncos, Redskins, Raiders, COLTS, Chargers

anytime in upcoming 3  games is critical division game , will the Commander N Chief suspend Vs Broncos ?? possibly affecting seeding chances ???

Not that Bowe has been great but still has been double teamed

Lets see if and for what game he is suspended , they play in order , Broncos, Chargers, Broncos, Redskins, Raiders, COLTS, Chargers

anytime in upcoming 3  games is critical division game , will the Commander N Chief suspend Vs Broncos ?? possibly affecting seeding chances ???

Not that Bowe has been great but still has been double teamed

Yeah, he may not be spectacular this season but I'm sure Alex would rather have him than not. Chiefs playing three division games in a row is brutal, and their most talented wideout is in danger of missing out on at least one. You're right B, this could determine a lot of things in the West.

Weird speeding & pot...

Usually the two things don't go together...

Pot & a bag of Dorritos on the other hand...

Yeah, he may not be spectacular this season but I'm sure Alex would rather have him than not. Chiefs playing three division games in a row is brutal, and their most talented wideout is in danger of missing out on at least one. You're right B, this could determine a lot of things in the West.

Unless something else pops up, the league probably won't suspend Bowe before his court date (Dec. 18). That's if he's convicted. #Chiefs

Andy Reid said all players practiced Monday.

This is a strong hint that discipline likely isn't coming until Bowe's court date. Yeah, "innocent until proven guilty" but that's for a court of law, which the NFL is not.

The NFL can do what they please as long as they are in accordance with the CBA

(( that is suspend him now if feel case is strong enough ))

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/11/12/5096006/dwayne-bowe-suspended-chiefs-broncos-game

((( NOTE_  Court date Dec 18 ,   Dec 22 is COLT GAME )))

================================

The NFL’s substance-abuse policy prohibits players from illegally possessing several drugs, including marijuana, and allows the league to suspend players without pay for up to four regular and/or postseason games for a first-time violation that does not involve alcohol.

The league, however, may choose to wait until Bowe’s December court date before taking action in the wake of this latest incident. The Chiefs also have the option of suspending Bowe, but a team spokesman confirmed that Bowe practiced with his teammates on Monday, the day after his arrest.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/12/4615819/dwaynebowe-ticketed-for-speeding.html

Well Denver was Von Miller'd and got through that, Chiefs may get Bowed Over

Good one....How about the Chiefs got Bowe and arrowed?"

BOWE.jpg

bow-and-arrow-by-flyingdrumkit.jpg

Ran out of Likes, there was a time when Bowe was catching pro bowl style they would of said he scalped his own team 

U cant't Trust a Redskin, Oh Thats Washington, no wonder there is name controversy, (( please anyone of ethnic involved  persuasion being bandied here I apologize if this is in bad taste  to bad i cant comment in incognito , there I d go again, I am just plain controversial , but honestly i do apologize to anyone that is offended by any statement i ever make now or ever, please PM me and let me know  ))

If you are an NFL player, why cant you hire someone to drive you around

..and hire someone to carry your weed?

The NFL actually has a contract with an on call limo service for all players under contract with an NFL team. They can call the service and be picked up and driven home free of charge. The DUIs are just gross negligence and stupidity on the part of players.

He's going to play against Denver (provided he doesn't get high and forget there's a game) , I would guess...the suspension will come later

Andy Reid Confirmed with this

Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe is scheduled to start Sunday against the Broncos, despite his arrest during the team's bye week for marijuana possession.

"It's a legal matter, so there are rules, regulations and laws involved," Kansas City coach Andy Reid said on a Wednesday conference call. "I try to follow those the best I can. I addressed the player and the team about it. I'll follow the protocol there."

((( guess having wallet in bag with the drugs doesnt matter in a big game until the law has its say )))

Reid would not go into any more detail about Bowe's situation, and he was much more more apt to discuss his team's upcoming challenge on the field Sunday against the Broncos

Read more: Dwayne Bowe to start for Chiefs vs. Broncos despite arrest in bye week - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24514967/chiefs-dwayne-bowe-start-vs-broncos-and-peyton#ixzz2kZHpbcIu 

have a good night my friend, computer off

It blows my mind that these players do this. I'm not saying they don't value the opportunity they've earned because all people are subject to weaknesses and temptations but I guess I just would think these athletes would value their opportunity more than the usual joe and not screw up or mess with these types of things.