Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the Raiders ever be good again?

Synthetic

I'm starting to feel sorry for these poor guys.

I remember being a kid and the Raiders used to actually be a good team. I remember them not having the best quarterbacks ever but they were still a reasonably good team with whatever under center.

Then i remember when Rich Gannon came along, and back in the days before he was remembered for throwing interceptions, he put up those monsters seasons from 2000, 2001, and of course 2002.

It's hard to believe the mighty have fallen. When you look back at these guys, they had some of the most amazing classic teams from the 70's, and in the 80's too they had some very good squads.

Will they ever be good again? All jokes aside about how Al Davis ran them into the ground. It feels like they are eternally cursed since 2002 and have become the doormat laughing stock of the league.

I hope they do become a good franchise again.  They've been really bad for really long, just like Cleveland and Buffalo.  I like Reggie Mackenzie, but I'm not sold on Dennis Allen.

I agree, they are one of those classic franchises that are fun to look into.

I feel the same about Cleveland, I actually have always had a soft spot for the Browns.

Gonna be tough with those beasts in Kansas City in their division!! :rock:

We all know the Broncos have little to no real longevity and are in win now mode with their fluffy passing game. The Chargers are forever doomed too.

That's what completely bewilders SW1 Jules. San Diego always has talent & they always go nowhere in the post season. I always wonder what the Chargers would have done if they had kept Drew Brees, let Philip Rivers go, & never fired HC Marty Schottenheimer.