Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck?

SOMDColtsfan

what game are you watching.......

umm..Colts at the Texans? Whalen was wide open uncovered in the corner of end zone early in the game then Fleener on the first try of a 2 pt conversion. I mean WIDE open. Then some of Lucks passes were sailing on him like last year. Just an observation

Whats going on with Andrew tonight? Ball is sailing high again and he`s tending to not see wide open receivers. Bad game or more to it? 

It's not about Luck it's about Trent Richardson who is the greatest running back in NFL history if only the Colts knew how to use him.

It's not about Luck it's about Trent Richardson who is the greatest running back in NFL history if only the Colts knew how to use him.

I kept thinking to myself all game long..throw a screen pass to Trent or even Brown, it would slow that pass rush down..Trent runs hard in open space once he gets a head of steam going

Whats going on with Andrew tonight? Ball is sailing high again and he`s tending to not see wide open receivers. Bad game or more to it? 

Few things.

1.  He was clearly missing Reggie Wayne and like I figured it was going to take a little time for him to adjust to life without him.

2.  The Texans are just going off complete emotion in the first half, nothing could go wrong for them.  They were on the wave and riding, all you can do is try to ride it out and help you don't get blown out in the process and try to not make mistakes to feed into it.   

3.  He was throwing the ball high because guys just weren't open if he put it on the money it was going to get picked.  He was kinda throwing to the guys who were the least covered rather than being open.

4.  He's always had the problem with not reading the whole field.  Frankly that's a common problem for young QBs like he is. 

The best of them have bad games, and this was one of them. However, did he really have a bad game? LOL I'm liking that 3/0 ratio :)

I think the 1st half and the beginning of 2nd half he had to get use to playing without Wayne. Looks like he needed that time to adjust. Here's hoping for a much better start against the Titans. 

Few things.

1.  He was clearly missing Reggie Wayne and like I figured it was going to take a little time for him to adjust to life without him.

2.  The Texans are just going off complete emotion in the first half, nothing could go wrong for them.  They were on the wave and riding, all you can do is try to ride it out and help you don't get blown out in the process and try to not make mistakes to feed into it.   

3.  He was throwing the ball high because guys just weren't open if he put it on the money it was going to get picked.  He was kinda throwing to the guys who were the least covered rather than being open.

4.  He's always had the problem with not reading the whole field.  Frankly that's a common problem for young QBs like he is. 

I agree on your first 3, makes a lot of sense. But he`s got to see these guys. Theres only so many chances in a game, have to make the most of them. Glad the Colts won but cant leave points on the field against better offensive teams moving forward. Andrews a smart guy, no doubt he`ll figure it out 

He got his clock screwed up by the early protection issues, but once he settled he played well.

The whole game was a struggle, but the team played together and we got the W.

This is my perspective as well.  Our guys showed a ton of brass tonight, I'll take it.  They fight.

It was frustrating to watch lol, and no sooner than I posted this Andrew hit TY with that TD strike. In stride and on the money! Really beautiful pass. The O-line looked lost like just going through the motions until the very end. Vontae had a terrible first half, but Andre Johnson can make anybody look foolish when hes healthy. The Texans came to play, give them credit. But the monster woke up and got the win 

I agree on your first 3, makes a lot of sense. But he`s got to see these guys. Theres only so many chances in a game, have to make the most of them. Glad the Colts won but cant leave points on the field against better offensive teams moving forward. Andrews a smart guy, no doubt he`ll figure it out 

I agree he's got to see them.  It just takes time.  He's still a young QB.  I am not saying it's okay he has that problem and we should just live with it I am just saying it's a common problem.  My guess is Luck will work on it and improve it as time goes on. 

Just imagine if he could play the WHOLE game like he does in the 4th quarter and down 7+ points.

He's like Rocky Balboa. He gets his head beat in all game and still finds a way to win. It sure would be nice to get a KO early, wouldn't it?

I agree he's got to see them.  It just takes time.  He's still a young QB.  I am not saying it's okay he has that problem and we should just live with it I am just saying it's a common problem.  My guess is Luck will work on it and improve it as time goes on.

Meh, I here fans say this more than people who actually know what they are talking about. I have seen Brady, Manning and Rogers all miss wide open receivers this year....it happens.