Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 10 Moments in Indianapolis Colts History

HarassedOffTheSite

I just tend to think the second run to the Super Bowl despite the Colts losing was much bigger than Dickerson coming to town. I remember those early days when the team was terrible, but was more interested in baseball at the time... it was what I played from 88 to 92. The biggest move at running back, and the first time I started paying attention to our teams running back was in 94 with Marshall Faulk. A much more important move for the franchise.

See the Dickerson trade is what even put the Colts on the map in Indianapolis.  When they first got here people were curious because they were new but that faded once people quickly figured out how bad they were.  Then Dickerson came to town and all of the sudden they were a playoff team and it got people's attention quickly.  The did a really bad job sustaining it after the move which is why it has faded after that and faded to really Jim Harbaugh and the boys came along in 95 and then some guy named Peyton came to town in 98.  Still till 95 the Dickerson move and winning the AFC East in 1987 is the highlight of the Colts in Indianapolis from 1984 to 1995. 

I would  say if you ask anyone on that team which ring or trophy they cherish more it would be the SB. That is the greatest achievement in football, that's why we play the game. 

Yes beating Brady  was great but history will show the SB. You cant argue against that.....

If you include one regular season game as a greatest  moment, then no reason why you cant add beating the greatest player in the Indy era and his new team to that list. ( Remember you guys wanted to add the AFCCG vs Pats over a SB win)

Lastly this is Brians list he shared.

I think if you ask people which game they remember more it's the AFCCG because of everything that went into it.  Like I said it's really like the Miracle on Ice game.  It's THE game that people remember and made that run so special.  Without question it wouldn't have meant as much had the USA lost the Gold Medal game or we lost the Super Bowl but the fact in both cases the USA and the Colts won the Championship it made that previous win that much sweeter. 

No question the Super Bowl Title means more than AFC Title by it's self but I think if we are talking games and pure moments knowing how the Super Bowl turned out the AFCCG and everything the Colts went through to get there that game honestly means more to most fans than the Super Bowl game it's self means. 

I think if you ask people which game they remember more it's the AFCCG because of everything that went into it.  Like I said it's really like the Miracle on Ice game.  It's THE game that people remember and made that run so special.  Without question it wouldn't have meant as much had the USA lost the Gold Medal game or we lost the Super Bowl but the fact in both cases the USA and the Colts won the Championship it made that previous win that much sweeter. 

No question the Super Bowl Title means more than AFC Title by it's self but I think if we are talking games and pure moments knowing how the Super Bowl turned out the AFCCG and everything the Colts went through to get there that game honestly means more to most fans than the Super Bowl game it's self means. 

I remember that game very well. lol  I will ALWAYS put the Lombardi  OVER the AFCCG.

Do you think anyone will ever say well we won an AFCCG over Brady and the Pats but we lost the SB, but we don't care that was sweeter..........

I think we can agree to disagree here.

I remember that game very well. lol  I will ALWAYS put the Lombardi  OVER the AFCCG.

Do you think anyone will ever say well we won an AFCCG over Brady and the Pats but we lost the SB, but we don't care that was sweeter..........

I think we can agree to disagree here.

Again in terms of titles sure.  I am not talking in terms of titles.  I am talking about everything that went into it. If it was only about titles the Miracle on Ice would be about the USA beating Sweden it's not.  It's about beating the USSR.  Why?  because everything else that went into it.  I think this is like that where the game before the championship game means more because of everything around it. 

Again, clearly had we lost the Super Bowl you are right the AFCCG doesn't mean nearly as much.  We didn't though and knowing that it just made the win over the Pats that much sweeter to Colts fans. 

Again in terms of titles sure.  I am not talking in terms of titles.  I am talking about everything that went into it. If it was only about titles the Miracle on Ice would be about the USA beating Sweden it's not.  It's about beating the USSR.  Why?  because everything else that went into it.  I think this is like that where the game before the championship game means more because of everything around it. 

Again, clearly had we lost the Super Bowl you are right the AFCCG doesn't mean nearly as much.  We didn't though and knowing that it just made the win over the Pats that much sweeter to Colts fans. 

Again agree to disagree?

I agree for the most part with your post here and have given you several likes in the past. But I disagree with your view of AFCCG>SB. That's all GoColts, you feel that way great. I don't, that's all there is to it man. Have a good night I'm done with it.

Again agree to disagree?

I agree for the most part with your post here and have given you several likes in the past. But I disagree with your view of AFCCG>SB. That's all GoColts, you feel that way great. I don't, that's all there is to it man. Have a good night I'm done with it.

I think we are just looking at it different ways you are looking at it as Super Bowl Title vs AFC Title, that I agree on.  I am looking at the games themselves and everything that went it.  Again, the Miracle on Ice is the best example of what I am trying to talk about.  Judging by the number of fans on here alone that like to relive that night from time-to-time I don't think I am wrong. I would also agree if the Colts hadn't won the Super Bowl two weeks later that Pats game isn't nearly as a popular memory as it has become to Colts fans but since it has people look back on that Pats game as the game they remember from that whole run.  Several reasons for that, it was in our house, it was a better game in terms of being close, the Colts over came the largest deficit in championship game history and it came against our arch rival who had twice ripped our hearts out in the playoffs.

If he puts all the Colts greats on then the list would be a little long huh? Mannings not the only good player to have been drafted here.

Manning getting drafted would be one of the "greatest moments" in Indy Colts history though, impact wise, way over the Eric Dickerson trade or drafting of any other player