Can we please get a capable WR1?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

I dont get why so many think we have a snow balls chance at landing some top flight wr for a low second

You mean in the draft, or through a trade?

just a response in general. Our options are limited. We roll with who we have, and hope for the best

Options are limited, but not non-existent. I agree the team will most likely stand pat, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Grigs find a player or players somewhere.

I'm concerned about the inconsistency of the remaining starters, and I simply don't buy Whalen as anything resembling a solution. If I were Grigs, I'd be turning over ever rock I could find before accepting status quo.

Options are limited, but not non-existent. I agree the team will most likely stand pat, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Grigs find a player or players somewhere.

I'm concerned about the inconsistency of the remaining starters, and I simply don't buy Whalen as anything resembling a solution. If I were Grigs, I'd be turning over ever rock I could find before accepting status quo.

Good luck finding one that has the knowledge of the offense that whalen does

probably because he was behind better guys. With Reggie going down, he is the next man up.

But if knowledge was all that mattered, certainly he should start before DHB, who has been around the club a year less, and around Luck several years less... right?

But if knowledge was all that mattered, certainly he should start before DHB, who has been around the club a year less, and around Luck several years less... right?

I didn't say it was the only factor did i. DHB had training camp and preseason. How long will it take someone off the street to pick it up?

Guest TeamLoloJones

This season?

How else do you explain his 2 receptions for 28 yards vs. the Dolphins?  He must know the offense pretty well if he can do that while he's inactive.

I didn't say it was the only factor did i. DHB had training camp and preseason. How long will it take someone off the street to pick it up?

I'd rather take my chances with someone with NFL level talent and less system knowledge. But obviously that's just me.

I dont get why so many think we have a snow balls chance at landing some top flight wr for a low second

We don't even have the cap space to do it unless said WR is on his rookie contract. And while on earth would anyone in their right mind trade a top flight WR on their rookie contract for a 2nd round pick? (besides the Browns, obviously).

We don't even have the cap space to do it unless said WR is on his rookie contract. And while on earth would anyone in their right mind trade a top flight WR on their rookie contract for a 2nd round pick? (besides the Browns, obviously).

the browns will not trade us Gordon this year... no way

We don't have a WR on our roster who can pick up were reggie went down. At this point in time all options are open with the Colts on their bye week. It makes no sense to bring a player up from the PS just to have to pay him more money for the bye so that could be an option for us after this weekend which explains why no moves have been made yet. I for one hope we pull a trade because a trade puts us in the best position to reach our goals this season. Just think about it, Luck can only be as good as his WRs.The running game is struggling and the oline is still having issue's and we have been leaning heavily on our defense not to mention the defensive unit was 95% healthy going into the bye. A trade now will set us up for the future, we have money for FA this offseason, but who will be available in this years draft at WR in the second or third round thats better then who we could possibly trade for now? I dont care if we don't have any draft picks this off season if this move truly strengthen our team for a deep playoff run. If you take a much deeper look at our WR core only Hilton and Brazill have any playoff experance. Plus I dont feel that DHB can handle the presure he will see with Wayne not being on the field. If Whalen or Rogers were the answer they would have already had a roster spot at least over Brazill. A trade just might be the only option if we want to be anything more then just one and done come playoff's. Our FO talks a lot about dynasties and normally they are built through the draft but when your trading for young players still in their rookie contract its not that much of a diffence then a great draft. I stand behind the Colts no matter what they do but I see this as a great opportunity to help our offense reach the next level, every elite QB has a elite WR.

You would be suprised what some teams will do, one thing I do know is in the NFL never say never!

Please Grigson and the FO. We have something special going on and a possible super bowl chance this year. Losing Reggie was huge. With him I'm sure we would have a good chance of going all the way. Without him, all other receivers are moved up a slot and that could spell trouble. Of course, we'll do good in regular season but in the playoffs you need every advantage you can get. We need a WR1. I really hope it happens.

I think something might happen because there's still that open roster slot and no promotions from the PS have occurred yet. Could be something. 

Cards are trying to trade Fitz. hmmm Fitz and Luck would make a good QB/WR duo. BUT we dont have the trade pieces for that kind of trade. so i  will keep dreaming