Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts secondary

chad hugo

For the most part, we shut down the best offense in the league and an offense with a myriad of weapons.  Davis essentially nullified DT, Butler nullified Welker, other than his trip, Toler took care of Decker.  Landy was like a bullet, rushing in from the secondary.  And Bethea was his usual, consistent, reliable self.

How many yards did they end up giving up? and they allowed 33 points. They played clutch, but Davis was the one with the good game only. imo

Butler kept Welker locked down most of the game, he did most of his damage when Butler was out of the game hurt.  Butler and Davis both played a heck of a game. 

Butler kept Welker locked down most of the game, he did most of his damage when Butler was out of the game hurt.  Butler and Davis both played a heck of a game. 

2 players a secondary do not make unfortunately. I agree, they both were outstanding. I'm wondering at what point does Toler get put as the nickel. Or will we keep it the same for consistency.

2 players a secondary do not make unfortunately. I agree, they both were outstanding. I'm wondering at what point does Toler get put as the nickel. Or will we keep it the same for consistency.

Secondary has held up well through seven games.  Rivers got them pretty good and Peyton Manning is going to get some yards even if you have the three greatest cornerbacks of all time back there.  I do agree that Toler is weak link and we saw that early Manning went right after him but then he got hurt.  Vaughn and Gordy did a great job filling in for him because you didn't hear from their guy that much.  Bethea had a rough start but came on.  Landry was Landry.  All and all I thought the secondary held up well.  Some of those catches and passes were what makes Manning maybe the greatest QB in the history of the NFL and why Tom Brady probably swears every time he sees Welker play.  They get paid too. 

Butler vs. Davis was the key to the game,.,..he got away with a little holding but Seattle does,too

..He's a lot better than I even hoped

We seem last night what a pass rush does for a secondary. We have Davis who is a great addition and Landry is a great player and we all know what Bethea brings now we have to figure out does Butler fill the bill for a solid option at the other corner spot and Toler, what is this guys role for the team, he clearly is being picked on and not meeting the challenge on most tests but he has talent. Is it best used in the slot and can our coaches find it?