Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts & Broncos - Injury report links

bayone

not too bad

Landry cant wait

“It’s kind of hard to watch and be on the side of the game that you are passionate about, a game that you love,” 

“For me football is at the top of my list of priorities. God gave me this talent and when you can’t utilize it, it’s kind of hard to be on the sideline as a contributor, as a competitor.”

The question comes up weekly in Chuck Pagano’s press conferences and Landry himself has the same inquiries.

And hopefully a possible answer on Sunday night?

“I’ve been ready to come back since I’ve got injured,” Landry said to Lamey. “Each day, each second, I’m like when’s the switch that says your 100 percent? Everyone knows that doesn’t happen and with an injury you have to nurse and rehab it to perfection.”

“For me, I’m looking forward to this week, to right now and to tomorrow. Each day is progress and I feel like this week is a great week for me to come back.”

Ever since Landry stepped onto the field for his first practice in a Colts uniform, his energy was evident.

It’s that passion that Colts fans are hoping to see very soon and Landry holds those same standards.

“I won’t step on the field and I won’t give anything less than 100 (percent). I’d be short-changing myself and I’d be short-changing my guys.”

http://blogs.colts.com/2013/10/17/laron-landry-practiced-wednesday-and-feels-great-about-sunday/

Good day  all

what about Von Miller? I realize he is not injured, but is he going to play?

Absolutely no doubt about this.  His suspension ended Monday (or maybe Sunday after the last Denver game).  He's one of the best defenders in the league and he's now in the arsenal.  Denver has struggled a bit in the pass rush department so they are excited for it...

what about Von Miller? I realize he is not injured, but is he going to play?

Pretty sure yes & good chance starting, he has said on nfl network interview hes added 15 pounds of muscle, lost body fat, and is as fast as every, if thats the truth i dont know, but he says he is anxious to start his new life this week, says had a great practice and cant wait to play sunday

BTW , Wayne has always burned Bailey with Peyton throwing to him, I say luck can do the same, esp if Bailey is as rusty as was last week & covers Wayne and hes to slow for TY

&  between 2 articles  (( see below ) u get this, he admits he wasnt sharp and admits Luck can make all the needed throws to Wayne ,   ..  but also run for 1st downs as well

Said 2 articles

Bailey knows it too

"Not good," Bailey said when asked to grade his performance in his debut game this season. 

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24334296/broncos-briefs-champ-baileys-grade-his-season-debut

Sunday, Bailey could see time matched up against Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne, who is just one year younger than Bailey.

“Yeah we probably have more in common than all these other guys I’m going to be covering this season,” Bailey laughed. “I’m sure I’ll call him ‘old man’ at some point throughout the game.”

Bailey and Wayne have seen plenty of one another throughout their 15 and 13-year careers, respectively.

The difference in this matchup?

It’ll be the first time that Bailey covers the wideout without Peyton Manning throwing Wayne the ball.

“That is true,” Bailey said when that fact was presented to him. “And that’s what made it so tough. You’ve got a guy that can run great routes, but then also a quarterback that puts it right on the money. Yeah, those days back then – I don’t miss it.”

Even without a four-time MVP throwing him the ball, Wayne has seen plenty of success over the past two years. He’s seventh in the league with 1,808 receiving yards since the Colts drafted Andrew Luck with the first overall pick of the 2012 NFL draft.

“See, he can make all those throws as well,” Bailey said of Luck. “But I think what really makes him so dangerous is he when he pulls it down and can run for that first down and make guys miss here and there. He’s pretty good about that too.”

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Bailey-Looking-for-Improvement/08e32188-33ba-41e3-bcec-f2e1ad5f03ed