Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's successor

Jason_

The other thread was locked and I have absolutely no desire to have any of the bickering from that thread to continue in this one.  I simply wanted to set the record straight and say that Irsay has already announced that Casey would take over ownership when he retires.  

http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/colts-next-owner-casey-irsay-talks-about-her-team

This interview was conducted in 2008 and at that time he was already grooming Casey to take over ownership.

**Mods if you want to immediately lock this one..do what you need to do.  Just wanted to provide the link for those who were still unsure who would take over the team after Jim.

The other thread was locked and I have absolutely no desire to have any of the bickering from that thread to continue in this one.  I simply wanted to set the record straight and say that Irsay has already announced that Casey would take over ownership when he retires.  

http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/colts-next-owner-casey-irsay-talks-about-her-team

This interview was conducted in 2008 and at that time he was already grooming Casey to take over ownership.

**Mods if you want to immediately lock this one..do what you need to do.  Just wanted to provide the link for those who were still unsure who would take over the team after Jim.

I missed the first one fr some reason.  There is no real surprise here to me.

AJ Foyt IV can drive a race car two-seater to pick up the draft picks.  :)

b91478fa-4192-4c48-b80d-0734f1e4d97c-500

He is 54 years old, people act like he is 70 and about to retire soon

In the linked article Irsay was said to have promised Casey that Jim would retire when Peyton retires.  Now that Peyton is no longer with the team, Jim may have changed his plans.  However, that still speaks to the fact that, at least in 2008, Jim was already thinking about retirement so maybe he simply doesn't plan on remaining an active owner into his 70's like other owners.