Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Better now than in the playoffs.

OffensivelyPC

This week is exactly why I'm glad the Colts are playing the Broncos for the first time in the regular season as opposed to meeting in the playoffs for the first time or even worse, in teh AFC CG.  Could you imagine the distractions?  It would be like this week on steroids.  I'm not sure that it wouldn't be bigger than media week for the superbowl with how much attention is being paid to the garbage this week.  All media, no football.

Meh, I am finding it easy to avoid all the talk, Horror movie marathon is on AMC. Im tuned into that, Only time I hear anything about game this sunday is when I com here or visit nfl.com, I have not watched NFL Network this week and wont till my movies are over

Meh, I am finding it easy to avoid all the talk, Horror movie marathon is on AMC. Im tuned into that, Only time I hear anything about game this sunday is when I com here or visit nfl.com, I have not watched NFL Network this week and wont till my movies are over

I wish they would come up with a decent horror movie character. Nothing legit since Freddie. Very disappointing. I do love the classics. Not sure if you saw that Stephen King came up with a sequel to The Shining called Sleep Doctor. It is Danny at age 30. I have not read it but I am sure there will be a movie soon. I can't believe he can write about a character almost 40 years later!

I wish they would come up with a decent horror movie character. Nothing legit since Freddie. Very disappointing. I do love the classics. Not sure if you saw that Stephen King came up with a sequel to The Shining called Sleep Doctor. It is Danny at age 30. I have not read it but I am sure there will be a movie soon. I can't believe he can write about a character almost 40 years later!

My all time favorite is the original Halloween which came out in 1978....4 years before I was born, Nightmare On Elm Street I like and Friday the 13th is alright but I have not seen a good slasher movie since those franchises, The 1st remake of Halloween was good by Rob Zombie but I did not like the second one, It was kind hard to follow in some spots at first for me although I eventually got it, But he turned it into nothing but a blood bath and Myers mask was off for what seemed like more then half the movie, Nothing like the original in my opinion

Watch the Hatchet Trilogy. Kane Hodder (Played Jason Voorhees in some of the Friday the 13th films) plays the maniac Victor Crowley. Lots of Horror movie cameos. Gorey, and good fun. Hatchet II is on Netflix Instant.

Another Great Horror movie is Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. Google it if you get the chance.

Also if you are in 70s and 80s horror check out House of the Devil. It came out in 2009  but it is set in the 80s. GREAT movie.

My all time favorite is the original Halloween which came out in 1978....4 years before I was born, Nightmare On Elm Street I like and Friday the 13th is alright but I have not seen a good slasher movie since those franchises, The 1st remake of Halloween was good by Rob Zombie but I did not like the second one, It was kind hard to follow in some spots at first for me although I eventually got it, But he turned it into nothing but a blood bath and Myers mask was off for what seemed like more then half the movie, Nothing like the original in my opinion

If you haven't you should watch the Directors Cut of Zombie's Halloween 2. It's far superior to the theatrical cut. It makes more sense, and is a very good horror flick.

I love the original Halloween as well as Halloween 2, and most of the sequels. But Zombies was a modern spin on the whole Michael Myers  tale.  I think they could shave 30 minutes off of the original Halloween and it would be just as good, but that's just me. (I love John Carpenter's films.)

Oh COME ON!!! Pennywise the Clown?!  BEAST!

Halloween was my favorite too.  I have the first 6 on VHS (somewhere) along with the directors cut of version 6 that had a lot of alternate material.  Have a few of them on DVD as well but would love to have the whole collection.  EXCEPT PART 3!  If I ever received a copy of part 3 I would burn it immediately!

Never cared for Freddie.  He seemed way too cheesy for me to take seriously.  I did like most of the Friday the 13th series but part 3 was my fav.

Me either, Im actually not listening to espn like I do every day either.

Halloween was my favorite too.  I have the first 6 on VHS (somewhere) along with the directors cut of version 6 that had a lot of alternate material.  Have a few of them on DVD as well but would love to have the whole collection.  EXCEPT PART 3!  If I ever received a copy of part 3 I would burn it immediately!

Never cared for Freddie.  He seemed way too cheesy for me to take seriously.  I did like most of the Friday the 13th series but part 3 was my fav.

I always liked Halloween more then the other2 for 2 reasons...1.It was not turned into a blood bath for the most part, it had just enough without going into overkill like what Zombie did in Halloween 2 and Also........While some of the scenes were far fetched something like Halloween could conceivably happen unlike in Freddy and Jasons because they are already dead where as Micheal was not.....Only Halloween I dont have is 3 because I dont even consider that part of the series, I read somewhere it wasn't I think

I always liked Halloween more then the other2 for 2 reasons...1.It was not turned into a blood bath for the most part, it had just enough without going into overkill like what Zombie did in Halloween 2 and Also........While some of the scenes were far fetched something like Halloween could conceivably happen unlike in Freddy and Jasons because they are already dead where as Micheal was not.....Only Halloween I dont have is 3 because I dont even consider that part of the series, I read somewhere it wasn't I think

I agree completely.  That's also why Friday the 13th part 3 was my favorite too though (and to a lesser extent part 2) because it was in part 4 that they started going over the top ridiculous with Jason being undead and invincible.  In parts 2 and 3 he was still just a really, really strong guy.  The story about him drowning as a child could have just been legend and the truth was that the boy survived allowing for the more believable parts 2 and 3.  And at the end of part 2 if I recall, he just took a machete to the shoulder.  Granted that would have still been pretty nasty but not necessarily fatal...at least not like decapitation, being blown up by a rocket launcher etc etc lol.  

As for Halloween, yeah part 3 was terrible.  At the time, John Carpenter wanted to keep the series going but he didn't want it to become the same type of series as the Jason and Freddy series.  He didn't want his series to be about Michael, he wanted it to merely be about Halloween.  So he tried part 3 with the Halloween masks.  But, obviously, part 3 tanked because there was no Michael in it and that's when Carpenter realized that if he was going to be successful with this series then he was going to have to bring Michael back.  And he did with part 4 and the series picked back up.  Of course they eventually had that clown Busta Rhymes talk smack to Michael and then "kill" him and the series died too.  I've always hated Busta since then.  I used to play Def Jam: Fight for NY on xbox just so I could keep beating up on Busta Rhymes for his lack of respect of Michael Myers.  Yes, my best friend has told me I have problems.  :nutz: 

lol

I am reading it right now, it is excellent. Only 1/3 in, but it could definitely be made into a movie.

As for the Colts, I have had my fill as well. I fly to San Diego Sunday for a work meeting next week, but will get to my hotel in time to watch the game. I should get some nice heckles from the locals after last weeks loss, but oh well. I will find a good sports bar in the Gaslamp area (we are staying near it) with some co workers that are also Colts fans, and watch the Colts do what every pundit thinks wont happen: win!

I agree completely. That's also why Friday the 13th part 3 was my favorite too though (and to a lesser extent part 2) because it was in part 4 that they started going over the top ridiculous with Jason being undead and invincible. In parts 2 and 3 he was still just a really, really strong guy. The story about him drowning as a child could have just been legend and the truth was that the boy survived allowing for the more believable parts 2 and 3. And at the end of part 2 if I recall, he just took a machete to the shoulder. Granted that would have still been pretty nasty but not necessarily fatal...at least not like decapitation, being blown up by a rocket launcher etc etc lol.

As for Halloween, yeah part 3 was terrible. At the time, John Carpenter wanted to keep the series going but he didn't want it to become the same type of series as the Jason and Freddy series. He didn't want his series to be about Michael, he wanted it to merely be about Halloween. So he tried part 3 with the Halloween masks. But, obviously, part 3 tanked because there was no Michael in it and that's when Carpenter realized that if he was going to be successful with this series then he was going to have to bring Michael back. And he did with part 4 and the series picked back up. Of course they eventually had that clown Busta Rhymes talk smack to Michael and then "kill" him and the series died too. I've always hated Busta since then. I used to play Def Jam: Fight for NY on xbox just so I could keep beating up on Busta Rhymes for his lack of respect of Michael Myers. Yes, my best friend has told me I have problems. :nutz:

lol

As a Halloween fan, I did like Halloween: H20. Jamie Lee as an adult, finally ending it by....SPOILER ALERT...

decapitating her younger brother. It was a reboot of sorts, in the sense that it brought Myers back to terrorize her and her kid. It was a bit early 2000s cheesy, but overall I thought it was a good place to end the franchise. The "Resurrection" film was trash. Totally 2002 with the whole "lets film it, and use those face mounted cams like Blair Witch Project." I am glad Busta Rhymes died in it...

The Rob Zombie films were ok. I liked the first one as it gave more of a backstory to Michael Myers and his mental issues, and Dr. Loomis trying to help. But they were too...um...Rob Zombie for me. I loved House of 1,000 Corpses bc it was true Rob Zombie (see Dwight Schute getting killed!). It was campy, bloody, but still scary. But his style didn't lend itself to the Halloween franchise, even today. Zombie tried his hand at it and did an ok job with the full reboot, but he couldn't recapture the original series's magic.

I am reading it right now, it is excellent. Only 1/3 in, but it could definitely be made into a movie.

As for the Colts, I have had my fill as well. I fly to San Diego Sunday for a work meeting next week, but will get to my hotel in time to watch the game. I should get some nice heckles from the locals after last weeks loss, but oh well. I will find a good sports bar in the Gaslamp area (we are staying near it) with some co workers that are also Colts fans, and watch the Colts do what every pundit thinks wont happen: win!

Please let me know what you think when you finish it. I used to read King a lot years ago but find now with my three daughters that I can't anymore without being frightened out of mind. lol.  I did love the Shining though. Such a fantastic story so I am psyched that he decided to do a sequel. It is getting good reviews.

I do hope the Colts win Sunday.