Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is Peyton Manning's regular season record as a QB?

oldunclemark

I haven't been paying much attention - and I swear to you that I don't mean this to be divisive or critical - but the first time that I saw pictures of him with his new haircut I thought that he looked ill. Maybe it's just the hair, but his face seemed thin and he just seemed miserable.

I want Peyton to do better than him on the field, but I would never wish illness or injury on anyone. I usually enjoy poking fun at the pretty boy, but suddenly he looked like a depressed wanna-be marine who had been put through the boot-camp obstacle course one time too many.

Any thoughts? If just overwhelmed about the misery of the current skill players I would be pleased with the knowledge that Peyton handled his misery in 2010 with aplomb. But if there were really something wrong that would be upsetting. The man looks haunted.

not sure what is up, but his face does look thinner, perhaps being unshaven or has lost some weight recently . . .

not sure either if he is having flash backs to 2006, having lost some key WRs for backups in the name of value . . . however the wrs he lost back then were both in their mid twenties, Branch and Givens . . . its tough to get a bond with someone and then lose him . . . it took Brady a few games to get adjusted, he really looked and acted depressed in the first game in 2006 . . .

I think the welker-amendola thing is a tad different, also the team FO had planned to have both Gronk and Hernandez in the line up for their 4th season and let the rookies come along as needed . . . but with the TEs gone makes for a tough road . . . given his days are number to win another ring, he might fear that this season might get away from him if the WRs end up like some of the ones we tried to get through here in 2006, Caldwell and Gaffney were not the only ones that went through here but just the best we had . . .

we will get a better feel as time goes on and through out the season .  . .  .not sure why he looks thinner, for me it is just a weight issue . . .

After that last game Brady's outfit was full Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber. It wasnt just the haircut, but the coat jacket. I was digging it.

So I would say Brady has the record and leads the pack by miles on different haircut and outfits.

I imagine Brady has to be really fatigued right now. That bye week can't come soon enough. He is carrying that whole offense...thank goodness Belichek and the defense has been pitching virtual shutouts. Honestly he just looks really tired mentally....the mistakes he is seeing and the excellence that he expects. He is used to having guys make plays for him...and he has none. He does look thinner...but I think that is his haircut. I will be honest...he looks better than with the long hair but that hair cut isn't as good as what he had last year. Anyways...enough of that....yeah...he needs some help..I'm sure Gronk and a healthy Amendola will do wonders....I will say it wouldn't hurt not to get sacked and beat around like he did in that game. His OL hasn't lived up to what he normally has had. He used to have a fortress around him but lately...there have been cracks. I'm sure it will get ironed out by the playoffs and they will likely compete for the SB again.

No, I didn't want this to start again either. Hopefully no one else will respond.

I would have loved to see them go undefeated, but I was prepared to accept whatever the FO thought was in the best interests of the team. SBs are everything - an undefeated season is just another record.

Do you respect the Patriots for 2007? I mock them myself - particularly with their "perfect season" win coming against the team they lost the SB to. It's really hard to beat a good team twice in a matter of weeks. Perhaps if the Patriots hadn't pulled out all the stops in game one, they would have won game two. Are you telling me that you (or any Patriots fan) wouldn't make that trade off?

More to the point, if you don't need to win a game than it IS an exhibition game - regardless of any efforts to pump it up into something more. Football is a unique sport. I don't believe that you can replicate the game-day "we have to win" intense attitude and self-sacrifice in a game that you don't actually have to win.

I'm not familiar with what Irsay did or didn't do, so maybe people have a legitimate reason to be angry specifically with him - but they detest Polian for this despite his making his intentions clear more than a week ahead of time. The only thing that surprised me about the Jets game was that the starters came out for the second half. NEVER saw that coming. I have no knowledge of him "bad mouthing" the fans. I have a feeling that that's just angry people not appreciating him getting defensive about the condemnation. I would have gotten defensive myself.

Plus we already KNEW by the Jets game that there was a horrific weather forecast for Buffalo. Win the Jets game and they just put themselves in a position of having to risk everyone's health in the final game. Plus they were jockeying with the Jets. They whipped them in the playoffs because they didn't game plan for them normally in the final game - wondering if they might meet again. They also didn't even dress a lot of people to begin with - particularly on defense. It just wasn't a normal game at any point.

In short - I maintain that the anger shouldn't come from any feeling of "betrayal", just perhaps from those who hated them sitting players EVERY year because they thought it contributed to the teams rust in the playoffs.  I could see that both ways.  It's hard not to wonder if they would have won more SBs if they'd been more aggressive.

Not with you at all. We would have stomped all over the Saints had we been 18-0. Ok, I can't prove it. But I can prove that resting, and quitting never got it done. Like before.

Old news though, and not worth a petty squabble or two......

If they gave Super Bowl rings out for regular season he would have a fist of them. Thankfully they don't and that's why the playoffs are where it all matters.

Got to win regular season game sot reach the playoffs..

Cant forget that, either

Eli has far less post-season losses than Peyton partially because he doesnt reach the playoffs nearly as often...

Got to win regular season game sot reach the playoffs..

Cant forget that, either

Eli has far less post-season losses than Peyton partially because he doesnt reach the playoffs nearly as often...

if Peyton only failed to bail out the D & not reach playoffs   then maybe getting a lower draft pick would have helped too, Pit did that & so did Giants & looks like both will again

This year Denvers first 2 picks , Sly Williams and Ball are nil as far as usage , what a shame,  & d is bad so far again