Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets At Patriots Thread

shakedownstreet

Wow...really refs? Nice phantom illegal contact call...

Jets D doing a decent job right now though...

It wouldn't be a gameday thread without you complaining about the refs. No mention about how much holding Revis got away with before that play?

This loss rests squarely on the offense. Complete ineptitude. The D kept them in this game and is STILL keeping them in the game right now - if they don't get a TD off this drive then kiss this game goodbye. They have completely squandered the play of the D

Schottenheimer is the WORST OC in this league

Edited by NYColt

Jets defense gave their offense plenty of opportunities in my opinion. For a good part of the game they were getting decent pressure on Brady and the running game was a non-factor, but that fizzled away throughout the second half.

Jets running game was doing very well in the first half but NE adjusted and slowed the running game to a halt. I too felt that the Jets were waaay too conservative in the 2nd half, lots of run run pass punt drives.

I'm left withg a decision to cheer for either NE or the Cowboys. I threw up in my mouth thinking about it but I had to take thew Cowboys.

Edited by buffalo34

Bull call on the fumble.

Overturning THAT? That's as bad as the Polamalu INT in the Colts playoffs VS The Steelers a few years back.

Are you blind?

Everyone saw that Branch's leg was literally on the ground when he was tagged, before he was stripped.

Dear god, that was perfectly clear. Put the hatred aside.

Are you blind?

Everyone saw that Branch's leg was literally on the ground when he was tagged, before he was stripped.

Dear god, that was perfectly clear. Put the hatred aside.

While the ball was moving between his hands and not secured? I can see if that were the ruling on the field, sure. But to overturn that?

Edited by Moose Of Woe

Jealousy is not good for your health Andy. Pats just know how to build a team better than the Colts. Plain and simple.

100% agreement!

BB does know how to draft, I just wish we had better pass rush..

Hopefully this gets addressed this year.

We also need a domiant DT besides Vince, we can't have the guy take 69/75 snaps per game..it will wear out any person with that many snaps.

Jets defense gave their offense plenty of opportunities in my opinion. For a good part of the game they were getting decent pressure on Brady and the running game was a non-factor, but that fizzled away throughout the second half.

Jets running game was doing very well in the first half but NE adjusted and slowed the running game to a halt. I too felt that the Jets were waaay too conservative in the 2nd half, lots of run run pass punt drives.

I'm left withg a decision to cheer for either NE or the Cowboys. I threw up in my mouth thinking about it but I had to take thew Cowboys.

Just got back from my once a year trip to the game. Fumble his knee was down. phantom PI call even though it was by the rule and it went in our favor I still sighed at it for the ticky tack PI call these days.

Whatta you complain' about..you won and technically in 1st:) . While a big game for the jets I disagee with a lot who think its a nail in the coffin. We play them again in NY. They have to beat us. We play the Bills here..we have to win that assuming Buffalo will keep winning games. Very interesting 3 team race shaping up where the div games are big swing games.

Just got back from my once a year trip to the game. Fumble his knee was down. phantom PI call even though it was by the rule and it went in our favor I still sighed at it for the ticky tack PI call these days.

Whatta you complain' about..you won and technically in 1st:) . While a big game for the jets I disagee with a lot who think its a nail in the coffin. We play them again in NY. They have to beat us. We play the Bills here..we have to win that assuming Buffalo will keep winning games. Very interesting 3 team race shaping up where the div games are big swing games.

Yeah, Jets always come prepared for New England (minus the 45-3 game last year), no matter how bad things are looking for gang green...

I'm still clinging to my guns that the Eagles are better than what their record indicates. Loved seeing our defense produce another 5 turnovers today, that was all the difference.

So far we've beat the Eagles, Pats, and Raiders, all very tough opponents. After 5 games I wouldn't have even expected to be 4-1, I came into the season thinking 3-2 at the absolute best up to this point.

Still, doesn't get easier down the road. After the Giants next week we face the Cowboys and the Jets twice within a 4 weeks span. Oh yeah, and that stupid Redskins game which is in Toronto (stripping us of HFA. It will feel like we're playing at FedEx field and not the Ralph on that day).

In 2008 we also started out 4-1, so I'm still being cautious with this team. But I think this team is more talented than our 08 squad and the competition we've played so far (Chiefs, Raiders, Pats, Bengals, Eagles) is better than our first 5 opponents in 08 (Seahawks, Jags, Raiders, Rams, Cardinals).

Still need to win the winnable games and take at least one from the Jets...

Yeah, Jets always come prepared for New England (minus the 45-3 game last year), no matter how bad things are looking for gang green...

I'm still clinging to my guns that the Eagles are better than what their record indicates. Loved seeing our defense produce another 5 turnovers today, that was all the difference.

So far we've beat the Eagles, Pats, and Raiders, all very tough opponents. After 5 games I wouldn't have even expected to be 4-1, I came into the season thinking 3-2 at the absolute best up to this point.

Still, doesn't get easier down the road. After the Giants next week we face the Cowboys and the Jets twice within a 4 weeks span. Oh yeah, and that stupid Redskins game which is in Toronto (stripping us of HFA. It will feel like we're playing at FedEx field and not the Ralph on that day).

In 2008 we also started out 4-1, so I'm still being cautious with this team. But I think this team is more talented than our 08 squad and the competition we've played so far (Chiefs, Raiders, Pats, Bengals, Eagles) is better than our first 5 opponents in 08 (Seahawks, Jags, Raiders, Rams, Cardinals).

Still need to win the winnable games and take at least one from the Jets...

what!?!?! Toronto? that's soooo bogus. Thats a bummer. Particularly when you consider RW stadium is huge HFA.

Cautious maybe but doesn't appear to be the same old self-destruct team this season.

Haven't caught Rex's post game and I gotta check out the jets board for some laughs;)

Yeah you're schedule is tough too..and Miami's never a push over:)

But you're in it and ya gotta be pysched:)

I'm amazed at the griping (here and elsewhere) on the Branch call. He had the ball cradled in his right arm, with both knees on the ground, when the defender made contact. That's the end of the play right there.

Then he tried to shift the ball to his left hand, which is when it popped out.

I'm kind of surprised something that clean-cut has gotten so much attention. Calvin Pace was griping about it after the game, according to the NY Post. But as soon I saw the first replay, I knew it would be overturned. Phil Sims got that one wrong. He was touched before he tried moving the ball.

Any win against the Jets is a good win. They've had the Pats' number these past three seasons.

I'm amazed at the griping (here and elsewhere) on the Branch call. He had the ball cradled in his right arm, with both knees on the ground, when the defender made contact. That's the end of the play right there.

I'm kind of surprised something that clean-cut has gotten so much attention. Calvin Pace was griping about it after the game, according to the NY Post. But as soon I saw the first replay, I knew it would be overturned. Phil Sims got that one wrong. He was touched before he tried moving the ball.

Any win against the Jets is a good win. They've had the Pats' number these past three seasons.

Still wanna debate me on the defense? :D

yeh he's down as soon as he's touched.

any link to pace's comments? no way he sounds as dumb as simms did.

Still wanna debate me on the defense? :D

haha, well... it was better. Still not great though. This time they held the yardage down but still gave up 21 points.

The Jets' defense is in big trouble, IMO. They can't stop the run anymore. I don't know if it's personnel, scheme, or that they just have some guys who are getting older and slower.

haha, well... it was better. Still not great though. This time they held the yardage down but still gave up 21 points.

The Jets' defense is in big trouble, IMO. They can't stop the run anymore. I don't know if it's personnel, scheme, or that they just have some guys who are getting older and slower.

14pts..remember 7 was for a kick return..not to mention seven 3 and outs;)

My only point has ever been its too early to tell...and stereotyping like Andy246( sorry bud:)) doesn't cut it.

We know Belichick defenses have always gotten better towards the end. Infact thats true of many defenses..as in gel.

They have reasonable if not good talent. Most important depth. Many new faces and that of course takes time to get the timing down. They are putting pressure on the QB (unlike last year) and as Vince just said..they're just a little late getting there but sooner or later you keep it up and its going to pay off.

I don't know because you can't predict this game but don't be surprised if this defense isn't good by week 12. And if they are...Andy246 is gonna get a massive crow plate :P

14pts..remember 7 was for a kick return..not to mention seven 3 and outs;)

My only point has ever been its too early to tell...

True... and I know this is close to irrelevant, but I'm kind of lumping it in with what we saw in 2010. They can turn it around, but it'll be ugly at times before that happens.

True... and I know this is close to irrelevant, but I'm kind of lumping it in with what we saw in 2010. They can turn it around, but it'll be ugly at times before that happens.

yeah..the difference in 2010 was they were fast and athletic but lacked communication due to rookie/2nd yearmen. Thats why I'm adding this 2nd and 3rd year experience.

I don't think the secondary will ever be shut down nor is Bill playing it that way.

oh yeah..it'll be ugly at times...partly because its a speed passing game out there today.