Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos knew about Miller's troubles since May

amfootball

and  that is what works for you, and that is Great.     I just don't happen to think it's a Sin to also cheer for more than one team

and that is what works for Me  :cheer:    We're all fans (rabid as some may be) of the game of Football  ;)

I was only half serious when I said it was wrong.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You make it seem as if that's an improvement.

Sorry, loyalty to one's team far, far, FAR supersedes that of loyalty towards a player, especially once that player leaves. Yet I've seen some Colt fans focus more and more on the Broncos than I'd think.

Btw, just because a Colt fan may wish Peyton well (certainly nothing wrong with that) does not = hoping that the Broncos do well, or all of a sudden start following a 2nd team. THAT is bizarre to the extreme.

As I've mentioned in another thread, I know of only one Patriot fan who would follow Tom Brady's team if he left the Patriots. I wouldn't care for an instant to follow his new team; I'm a fan of the New England Patriots.

Laundry > player.

That certainly is one perspective. You certainly take the word Fan to its true root (fanatic)....because that is a pretty intense perspective. I also think you must only have a couple of Patriot friends because I'm all but certain a great deal of fan's would root for Brady given he didn't go to a divisional rival. I think you are giving your view of that and not of ALL Pat fans. It is very common in sports for most normal fans to follow players on other teams (especially if they have a HOF career on your team). Now if it came down to a Colts vs Broncos game I don't think there is a person on here that doesn't want the Colts to win. As a fan of FOOTBALL my favorite team is the Colts. My favorite player is Peyton. I look at it as two chances to be happy at the end of the year...instead of just one. I may be in the minority I don't know because I'm not a crazy fanatic that eats, sleeps, lives football. I can't wait for it every year. I spend friday night watching high school, sat college, and sunday watching the NFL but I don't get overly worked up if my team wins or loses. I love the sport...and I root for my teams and players I respect. There are several other nfl guys I follow as well. There are several other local guys that grew up around here that I follow and others that I just like their story or how they represented themself (Kurt Warner was one). Football is great entertainment....and Andrew and the Colts give me lots of entertainment...and Peyton with the way he orchestrates an offense....mentally more so then physicall beats a team entertains me too. So while you have a very narrow appreciation of a fan....I don't think its illogical of those that take on a broader perspective....certainly not "bizare to the extreme"....bizare to the extreme would be filling one's house with sports memorabilia, spending all ones discretionary income on tickets, obsessing over every roster spot, being physically/mentally depressed over a loss, or letting sports EVER get in the way of ones personal life or relationships with others....after all its simply sports/entertainment....in the grand scheme of things...almost meaningless in life.

If that is a career day when the opposing teams QB scorches you for 31 in three quarters then you have proven my point that he is overrated.

Look I'm not getting into the whole debate but you are just wrong here. The man did his job...and did it very very well. One man can't stop a whole offense. He had good numbers but you are right he couldn't affect the outcome of the game. He doesn't play a position that has the ball in his hands every play...but for example that is like saying if Brady throws for 400 yds and 5 Tds but his team still loses that he is overrated. Seems illogical. Von Miller love him or hate him has been the best if not one of the top 5 pass rushers the last two years.....no ifs and or buts. He also plays the run pretty darn good too....I would wager any team looking to start a defense if they had the choice would select him first pick if they could. He and JJ Watts are two of the best in the league as young defensive players. JJ did't do anything special against the Pats either in their last couple games....is he over-rated too?? Your logic fails. You should just conceed your point. You made a post that was more in respect to how poorly the WHOLE Broncos defense has played against the Pats the last few years and it had little to do with Von's play in reality.

Look I'm not getting into the whole debate but you are just wrong here. The man did his job...and did it very very well. One man can't stop a whole offense. He had good numbers but you are right he couldn't affect the outcome of the game. He doesn't play a position that has the ball in his hands every play...but for example that is like saying if Brady throws for 400 yds and 5 Tds but his team still loses that he is overrated. Seems illogical. Von Miller love him or hate him has been the best if not one of the top 5 pass rushers the last two years.....no ifs and or buts. He also plays the run pretty darn good too....I would wager any team looking to start a defense if they had the choice would select him first pick if they could. He and JJ Watts are two of the best in the league as young defensive players. JJ did't do anything special against the Pats either in their last couple games....is he over-rated too?? Your logic fails. You should just conceed your point. You made a post that was more in respect to how poorly the WHOLE Broncos defense has played against the Pats the last few years and it had little to do with Von's play in reality.

lol. Ok. Three bashings at the hands of the Pats BUT he is the first guy I would select. Maybe not. His other two games against the Pats yielded ZERO sacks and ONE tackle and last I checked Denver had a top 5 defense last year as well so he was not playing alongside scrubs ... and two years ago ALL we heard about was how great the Denver D was and how it carried Tebow until the Pats played them twice then it went back to being Tebow's fault.

You make it seem as if that's an improvement.

Sorry, loyalty to one's team far, far, FAR supersedes that of loyalty towards a player, especially once that player leaves. Yet I've seen some Colt fans focus more and more on the Broncos than I'd think.

Btw, just because a Colt fan may wish Peyton well (certainly nothing wrong with that) does not = hoping that the Broncos do well, or all of a sudden start following a 2nd team. THAT is bizarre to the extreme.

As I've mentioned in another thread, I know of only one Patriot fan who would follow Tom Brady's team if he left the Patriots. I wouldn't care for an instant to follow his new team; I'm a fan of the New England Patriots.

Laundry > player.

That's your way of being a fan, but it's not the only way.  I'm not a fan of the Colts because I'm from Indiana and they're the local team nor because I just love the Colts logo.  I am a fan because I like the way they run the organization, I like the coaching staff and I like the players.  There have been times where I did not like all of these things about the Colts.  I wasn't a huge fan of Dungy and moreso I hated his defense, all the way back to his days in Minnesota which, coincidentally, was my favorite team while he was the DC there though not at all because of Dungy himself nor his defense.  There have been a lot of colts defensive players in the past decade that I either didn't care for or down right couldn't stand, mostly in regards to the LB's we've had.  For the most part though, I've liked more players than I've disliked.  If that were to change though and the players and coaches that I like left and were replaced by guys I didn't care for then I wouldn't keep being a Colts fan just because of their laundry or logo.  Heck, even if nothing else about the Colts changed but they signed Mike Vick I'd stop rooting for them on the spot and would wish them nothing but losses until they day he was released, and even then I don't think I could ever love the Colts again as much as I do now for the simple fact that they'd signed him in the first place.

Some people love their team, laundry before players/coaches/management.  Other people love their players/coaches/management over the laundry.  Whatever works for you..great, but there is no right way or wrong way to be a football fan.

lol. Ok. Three bashings at the hands of the Pats BUT he is the first guy I would select. Maybe not. Last I checked Denver had a top 5 defense last year as well so he was not playing alongside scrubs ... and two years ago ALL we heard about was how great the Denver D was and how it carried Tebow until the Pats played them twice then it went back to being Tebow's fault.

You know and I know one man can't win a game for his team. They have a pretty good defense....that doesn't mean certain qbs have easier or harder time reading and beating certain defensive schemes. I like Tebow and thought he was a big part of those wins...but that defense kept them in it long enough to win most of those games. We've all seen Brady tear up the Steelers time and time again....he tears up everyone....does that make individual guys on that defense over-rated. According to you anyone that plays on a team the Patriots have beat up with that offense is over-rated....they've basically beaten everyone...so your just being rediculous. You can't admit your wrong and thats fine...no worries. I've played on your Brady/Patriot ego here with an arguement you can't possibly disagree with...unless your just disagreeing to disagree....sooo we shall see.  Miller is legit...he played well in a losing effort...Brady has owned that defense and that's a fact. One team beating another doesn't disqualify a guy from being a great player. Perhaps since it is widely agreed upon the Pats have had the best OL in football for better than a decade and one of the greatest qbs in the history of the game is not the best way to access if a player is good or not. What made that defense good last year was their ability to get into predicatable down and distances and play with a lead thanks to Peyton. They've not had the opportunity against Tom...and that goes a long way on how a defense has to play now doesn't it. Nothing is simple...and I think dismissing Von as over-rated based off his DEFENSE'S performances against the Pats is very simplistic. Even though he had very productive numbers to dispute your claim. Just admit it...he's good...but Brady has had that teams number.

You know and I know one man can't win a game for his team. They have a pretty good defense....that doesn't mean certain qbs have easier or harder time reading and beating certain defensive schemes. I like Tebow and thought he was a big part of those wins...but that defense kept them in it long enough to win most of those games. We've all seen Brady tear up the Steelers time and time again....he tears up everyone....does that make individual guys on that defense over-rated. According to you anyone that plays on a team the Patriots have beat up with that offense is over-rated....they've basically beaten everyone...so your just being rediculous. You can't admit your wrong and thats fine...no worries. I've played on your Brady/Patriot ego here with an arguement you can't possibly disagree with...unless your just disagreeing to disagree....sooo we shall see.  Miller is legit...he played well in a losing effort...Brady has owned that defense and that's a fact. One team beating another doesn't disqualify a guy from being a great player. Perhaps since it is widely agreed upon the Pats have had the best OL in football for better than a decade and one of the greatest qbs in the history of the game is not the best way to access if a player is good or not. What made that defense good last year was their ability to get into predicatable down and distances and play with a lead thanks to Peyton. They've not had the opportunity against Tom...and that goes a long way on how a defense has to play now doesn't it. Nothing is simple...and I think dismissing Von as over-rated based off his DEFENSE'S performances against the Pats is very simplistic. Even though he had very productive numbers to dispute your claim. Just admit it...he's good...but Brady has had that teams number.

I think you missed my original point. I never said Miller was not a great player but think he is overrated. I used the Pats as an example because there have been players that have gotten to Brady in the past, e.g. Suggs, Tuck, Jason Taylor. I have yet to see Miller be that type of intimidating guy. That is when Dustin threw out his stats but like I said, stats only tell half the story with any player. Brady was 1-5 against the Broncos (his worst record h-to-h agains any team) previous to 2011 when Miller showed up. Now he is 3-0 and has shredded them so that is why I don't see Miller is that guy. Of course, it is not all his fault and maybe it is just that the Pats are better at game planning against him and his current Denver D. I have seen other games as well where he has been non-existent. He seems to be a bit streaky but for sure a top defensive player just not someone I would put as one of the best just yet. Need to see more.

I guess you win...because if his play doesnt show him to be a great defensive player than IDK...its a mute arguement because your definition for great player makes no sense. I also would state me saying he is great should disqualify him being over-rated. If he is great...than what do you think people are saying he really is??? To me you can't be great and over-rated..so I do not understand your agruement...but thats fine. Moving on.

I guess you win...because if his play doesnt show him to be a great defensive player than IDK...its a mute arguement because your definition for great player makes no sense. I also would state me saying he is great should disqualify him being over-rated. If he is great...than what do you think people are saying he really is??? To me you can't be great and over-rated..so I do not understand your agruement...but thats fine. Moving on.

I think you can be both great and overrated. But we have probably beaten this to death. It was just an observation based on his play vs. the Pats the last two years.

I don't know how people root for more than one team. I pretty much hate all teams beside the Colts lol......therefore it is wrong.

Agreed. The term "fan" refers to one's fanaticism, so one can't be a "fan" of more than one team, in my opinion. Not based on the origin of the term.

Again, loyalty to laundry clearly isn't important to some Colt/Bronco fans. When Peyton retires, what on earth are they going to do? Continue to split loyalties?

I see you're up to your usual standard of garbage. Can't respond with facts, so use childish insults.

Lol although I do enjoy insulting you, it wasn't really meant to be that.. I think most would find it hard to believe only a tiny fraction of Pats fans would follow Tom Brady if he played for another team....not cheer for, but at least keep tabs.

Lol although I do enjoy insulting you, it wasn't really meant to be that.. I think most would find it hard to believe only a tiny fraction of Pats fans would follow Tom Brady if he played for another team....not cheer for, but at least keep tabs.

Yeah, I'm sure you and the other Colt fan somehow know more Patriot fans than those of us who, you know, live in New England, go to 5+ games per season, etc., etc.

Oh, wait. Keep tabs on? Of course Patriot fans would. But cheer for him to win? Heck no. Nowhere near what I've seen on this board alone.

Yeah, I'm sure you and the other Colt fan somehow know more Patriot fans than those of us who, you know, live in New England, go to 5+ games per season, etc., etc.

Oh, wait. Keep tabs on? Of course Patriot fans would. But cheer for him to win? Heck no. Nowhere near what I've seen on this board alone.

You mean if Brady went to the Jets....yeah I'd be all over rooting for the Jets.  LOL

If he went to an NFC, I might root for HIM to do well because he's a class act but that's about it.

After all Brady can take care of himself, he's got the bucks..no need for me to root for him other than some of the greats I have in the past- like a Tarkenton. More out of respect.

But you got to understand a lot of young fans root for players and not teams these days.

More so in baseball. I was a manager of a store awhile back that sold sports cards. When I asked some of the kids what team do you root for they looked at me like I was from another planet. We don't root for teams- just players.  I guess its the superstardom of players that attract them.

Yeah, I'm sure you and the other Colt fan somehow know more Patriot fans than those of us who, you know, live in New England, go to 5+ games per season, etc., etc.Oh, wait. Keep tabs on? Of course Patriot fans would. But cheer for him to win? Heck no. Nowhere near what I've seen on this board alone.

Yes, I'm sure because you live in the area you know exactly how people would react. Somehow you have gathered mind reading abilities living amongst your fellow new englanders.

And stop acting like this forum is filled with bronco fans. Just because one talks about the Broncos\Manning doesn't mean they are a fan of the team. Believe it or not, the state isn't filled with goobers walking around in broncos jerseys.