Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Schaub Story - Next Step for Him

amfootball

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9565223/matt-schaub-take-notch

Interesting read on ESPN and Schaub's career. Chadiha thinks Schaub needs to do more this season especially in the post-season to get Houston over the hump the way Flacco did last year. I am not sure if it is that simple. For sure he needs to play better than he did the last six games of last season but I think the team needs to rise as well. Joe certainly did not do it on his own.

Interesting read on ESPN and Schaub's career. Chadiha thinks Schaub needs to do more this season especially in the post-season to get Houston over the hump the way Flacco did last year. I am not sure if it is that simple. For sure he needs to play better than he did the last six games of last season but I think the team needs to rise as well. Joe certainly did not do it on his own.

good article

Not sure it was as much Flacco as it was A.Boldin.,and him willing them to win,without him they went nowhere.

The Ravens are 2 and 0 in pre-season but the first team had the stuffing knocked out of them by Atlanta. Ozzie picked up some nice pieces on paper, but it remains to be seen if the pieces will fit. Other than Torrey Smith , the receivers look weak. Could be a long season for the Ravens Schaub has a more experienced team around him like Flacco did last year, so we will see if he can match Flacco's post season performance.

Not sure it was as much Flacco as it was A.Boldin.,and him willing them to win,without him they went nowhere.

Anquan certainly played well, but if you're not sold on how much had to do with Flacco, allow me to sell you on it. Joe was not only superb in the postseason, but he had one of the best playoff runs in history. It wasn't just great numbers, but who he outplayed. A veteran outplaying a rookie QB in the playoffs at home is pretty typical, so him outdueling Luck was no big surprise.

He follows that up by outplaying Manning in Denver, and then outplays Brady in New England. That's beating two of the greatest QB's ever, surefire 1st ballot HOF players, in their back yard on back to back weeks, and outplaying them in the process. In the Superbowl, he plays nearly flawless against one of the top 3 defenses in the NFL. 

Having Boldin certainly helped, but hey, Montana had Rice and Warner had Fitz when they put together their epic playoff performances. It takes more than one weapon to put together a run like that. Even in 2011 when Rodgers had an exceptional postseason run with Jennings and Nelson, he still had a rough game against the Bears.

I'll go a step further and say it was the promotion of Jim Caldwell to OC and his ability to feature Boldin in the passing attack. That and the shifting of the O-line which kept Flacco clean the entire post season