Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Domination of Colts Elite league Fantasy Football

No, the elite league is still competitive, they have several key battles going on, it's just me who doesn't lol.

Excuses excuses..lol...

Just for fun...tell you what..just to spice things up for you my friend...since this week you are playing for essentially nothing

Lets compare your total points this week against our top 4 ranked players..If you beat all 3 or 4 of our teams, I will publicly admit your league is better...If  3-4 of our teams beat your points..you have to publicly admit the Joe's league is the best league on the Forum..

I will post the total points from our teams Monday night or tuesday after the Mon Night Game..you post yours...

Do we have a deal?..please let me know before game time Sunday...

Just to make sure...if your team scores more than any of our teams, please poet the lineup you had in and the points per player..

If any of our teams win..I'll post that teams roster and score..

I await your reply kind Sir

Excuses excuses..lol...

Just for fun...tell you what..just to spice things up for you my friend...since this week you are playing for essentially nothing

Lets compare your total points this week against our top 4 ranked players..If you beat all 3 or 4 of our teams, I will publicly admit your league is better...If  3-4 of our teams beat your points..you have to publicly admit the Joe's league is the best league on the Forum..

I will post the total points from our teams Monday night or tuesday after the Mon Night Game..you post yours...

Just to make sure...if your team scores more than any of our teams, please poet the lineup you had in and the points per player..

I'm not sure the elite league would want me wagering their competitiveness based solely on my team, lol.

I'm projected to put up 111 points this week.

If a majority of the elite league agrees i'd do it, but I don't want to undermine them.

I'm not sure the elite league would want me wagering their competitiveness based solely on my team, lol.

I'm projected to put up 111 points this week.

If a majority of the elite league agrees i'd do it, but I don't want to undermine them.

I can understand that, and respect your decision..

Predictions for this week, (subject to changes and injury reports..

Knights in Armor..projected 101.8

IndyD4U projected 106.55

TY Goodbye (me) projected 108.5

Vontae's Grandma projected 99.56 I( don't think Andy has yet to revise his line up

Just for curiosity, this is my starting line up  with projections as of now this week..IF I win and beat Andy's  team by more than 35 points, I get the 2nd seed and 1st round bye because Knights is play INDYD4U for the regular season championship

QB Drew Brees 23.29 (over Dalton who I used last week thankfully with Brees against Sea in Sea)

WR Brandon Marshall 12.94

WR Victor Cruz 9.49

RB Adrian Peterson 15.71

RB Eddie Lacy 14.87

TE Tony Gonzalez 8.35 or I could also throw in Antonio Gates at 7.81 Matchup Im going with Gonzo

Flex: Kenbrell Thompkins 6.41 *Decision made over Mike TD Tolbert, Andre Ellington (inj)

K: Garrett Hartley 9.59 (in dome) over Vini at 9.46 (no dome)

D: Arizona 7.85 (Dropped my top D Carolina 7.83, because I wont play my D against my QB and kicker)

No matter the outcome my friend, good luck this weekend and rest of the entire league games and playoffs

Excuses excuses..lol...

The average score in our league, any team any week, is  99.048 points.

If I do the same maths with the screenshot of your league after week 11 (posted in the previous page) any team any week in your league has scored an average of 97.184 points. We can do the maths for your league after week 13, but I don't think your entire league improved 2 points / average in two weeks.

If you want to compare two leagues, do it right.

Said that, I don't get the point in this discussion. Probably most 12-team standard leagues around the world have an average score between 95 and 100.

If I do the same maths with the screenshot of your league after week 11 (posted in the previous page) any team any week in your league has scored an average of 97.184 points. We can do the maths for your league after week 13, but I don't think your entire league improved 2 points / average in two weeks.

Said that, I don't get the point in this discussion. Probably most 12-team standard leagues around the world have an average score between 95 and 100.

I had a long post written out is reply to this, but after copying and pasting our league's record, it got erased when I went and started to type more. Basically, it comes down that I don't really care who is better. I was teasing my friend Silent throughout the year, as well as a couple others in the Eilte leagues, saying the Joe's are better. The latest discussion was me jokingly saying that Silent admitted that our league was better. He also stated he really didn't have anything to play for this week, so I offered up my team as someone to play against this week.

Your post makes me believe that you didn't understand the inside of what's really going on. Its only a couple of friends and competitors trash talking and having fun, since there is really nothing for him to play for this week. I thought I'd give him something to have to root for extra this week, by offering to put up my team against his, since we are in different leagues. Hell, I'm only tied for 3rd, with a chance to get into second, because in our league there is a 4 way tie for first, and #1 plays #2 this week. Since the loser will be down a game, either myself or Andy's team will move into 2nd..but he is about 35 points behind me, and that can be difficult to overcome..But, anything is possible.

There is no money or anything, so its all in good-natured fun between friend of the Forum..The only thing is that the top 2 teams in the Joe's league will move up to the other league next year, and the bottom 2 of the elite league move down into my league, with each owner inheriting the teams  left by the people moving up and down. From your post, you stated that you didn't understand the point of this conversation, and you think I am really serious about this. That is far from the truth..Just trying to have some fun, trash talk a little bit between friends, to try to have more fun playing this game.I take the game seriously, but this league is for Forum members and friend to have fun. Most of us are in other more serious leagues, and a lot are playing for bigger things, and possibly bigger cash in other leagues..this is a fun league, just to have fun, while not being totally serious.

But, If you want to compare leagues, I'll post my league after 14 games, and if you want to redo your numbers..go for it..But, we did have a lot of very high scores this past week, so its possible we could have gained a little back of that two points you figured out that my league was behind. Granted, I'm only doing this for your peace of mind, since you did all that math in making your point.

Just remember, we are trash talking, and trying to have fun..Its not really all that serious..I pointed out too in another post that this is the most competitive league I have been in, with 4 teams tied for first at 9-4, and 5 teams fighting for the last two spots at 6-7..That is what Silent was referring to as that he might get more excitement watching our league this week, since I have been posting results and key match=ups for the past few weeks

So, I'll post the league standings after 14 weeks in our league..just for your benefit,,If you want to do the math and compare..its up to you..Personally. I really don't care that whole much, ALL i was doing was trying to add a little more excitement and good-natured fun.

So, in answer to your post..This is the understanding of this discussion..if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to post me anytime, I am the co-commish of our league, so I can help Andy out, since he is so busy. I'd be happy to address your concerns at any time..

Rank Team W-L-T Div Pts For Pts Agnst Streak Waiver Moves

Unitas

† *2  IndyD4U 9-4-0 5-1-0 1405.60 1199.82 L-1 9 27

*4  Vontae's Grandma 9-4-0 4-2-0 1323.20 1226.42 W-1 4 15

7  Us and Them 6-7-0 2-4-0 1282.80 1235.36 W-4 10 30

12  Rubber Duckies 3-10-0 1-5-0 1020.24 1242.00 L-8 2 10

Manning

† *3  T Y Goodbye 9-4-0 4-1-0 1359.40 1193.32 W-2 12 39

6  Broosters 6-7-0 1-4-0 1286.84 1205.14 W-1 11 19

9  Natural Bjorn Killer 6-7-0 3-2-0 1093.10 1275.54 L-1 5 9

11  coltman51 4-9-0 2-3-0 1190.28 1359.40 L-1 6 12

Luck

*1  Knights in Armor 9-4-0 4-2-0 1442.22 1156.54 L-3 8 27

5  Dustin 6-7-0 3-3-0 1328.54 1285.64 W-2 1 9

8  Team Nice Dynamite 6-7-0 3-3-0 1191.36 1444.16 L-2 7 6

10  Bodacious Mantises 5-8-0 2-4-0 1244.42 1344.66 W-1 3 15

#EDIT- I am not that good at doing screen shots, so I apologize for the way the list came out. Also special props go out to House, who took over for a manager that quit, and took a losing team in Team Nice Dynamite into playoff contention with a team he didn't pick that was at the bottom of our league when he took over..Great job House!

Oh, and for the record, last week our teams averaged 107.54 points per game, well above the average score you posed of 96-100

I'm sorry I didn't get the background of your discussion with SilentHill. I agree with you, this is just for fun.

But you know, I love maths. Your league's average improved from 97.18 to 97.23 :highfive2:

Its ok..I figured as much..no worries..

We are all family here.. if you read the entire post, a couple of guys said they would dominate the elite league, and I defended the Joe's, Silent has been about the only one from this league to get into the "fun of the comparison" from the elite league...and if you read the Joe's league posts, I've tried to encourage my teams match-ups as much as I can. Silent even acknowledge the closeness of our league, and going into this week, there are 9 teams still still with things to prove, so I'm trying to hype up this weekend. We have quiet ones and loud ones, (though not as loud as myself but what I think I'm trying to do is make it more exciting and fun, since most of the people in the Jor;s league are newcomers, or ones that haven't played a lot of FF) That's why the leagues were set up as Pro's vs Joes style.

I also acknowledge good things from our players.. From week one a brand new Player, who had the 2nd pick with Peyton Manning has lead the league all year, but has been in a slump losing his last 3 games. No one expected him to do anything, yahoo picked him to be dead last after the draft..but to be where he is is amazing..(TKnight 24)..And we had a manager drop, with one week he didn't adjust and got slaughtered. House came in, changed the name, and got hot, putting him from last to a playoff contender. That is no easy feat, and is something worth mentioning. One of my best friends on the Forum is 11th, but in week 1, he beat me, due to a couple of his players having outstanding week. I was like 16 points ahead going into the last game, and he had a WR put 25 on Monday night to win..That was a hard loss to swallow, because he was rubbing it in so bad. I started off 2-0 and

now am 9-4 We had teams play their absolute best when playing the leaders, and blew some of the leaders out the door, which made every week so interesting.

We have had so much fun in our league this year because of it. It brought some of us who didn't know each other well closer, and strengthened the relationships with others. That's why at first, I had said to Andy that I was thinking that even if I come in the top 2, that I might want to stay in this league, but then 2 teams will be switching to the other leagues from each division. I realized then that even if I stay, I'd lose 2 players that I'm close to. (Plus it didn't hurt the fact that my 2 Keepers would have been Brees and Peterson.)

Thanks for the props on moving up in points..With all I have to do and my health not being so great, even doing the extra match-ups, and commentary, gets tough at times. But I do it out love love for my league, and for my friends and family here on the Forum.

But, like I said, I wasn't upset or anything, and from the sound of our post, you didn't fully understand the picture behind all this..And its ok..Not many people understand me anyway..

Have a great weekend... Maybe we'll see you in the Joe's league next year if there are any openings!

PS If you notice and know who my avatar is, and the saying that's above it on the main page of the Forum, you'll understand why I am the way I am... :lol::funny:lmao

Well I shoulda played Roddy, and I probably lost Gronk for the season, but here it is, even with some very poor performances by my WR core, I still managed 120+

Capture_zpsdc7f2333.png

It won't accept my cut and paste from paint, so here is a quick synopsis..I currently have 105.52. with Brandon Marshall going tonight. I lost a lot of points when Peterson went down with an injury. If he had his normal game, It would have made it very close between us. I dropped the Panther D and Added Arizona, (20 points) since I didn't want my D going against Brees and Hartley, and Almost made a mistake, but caught it last minute, and added Andre Ellington in Flex instead of Thompkins, who did not play.

Brees 36.82

Marshall (plays tonight) projected 12.52

Cruz 4.2

Peterson 1.7

Lacy 15.0

Tony G 8.5

Ellington 12.3

Hartley 7.0

Arizona 20.0

If Marshall equals his projection, I'll end up with 118.04

Its supposed to be cold and windy tonight, but clear..lows to 14, winds 10-15 mph...

Oh, In case you're interested in the race for the bye week in our league, I had a 36.2 point lead over Andy, and lead him 105.52 - 102.9. We both have won our games outright already.

I have Brandon Marshall left..He has both Jason Witten and DeMarco Murray left to play tonight. If I can hold the lead over Andy, I'll get the #2 seed and a bye.

What stinks is the on a whim I had picked up Da'Rick Rogers, but when he didn't play but a couple of plays, I picked reserves with easier schedules for the playoffs, and dropped him. Wish I would have played him instead of picking up Thompkins.and I dropped Hartline, whom I had all year, and didn't produce, but now has produced for 2 straight weeks with Knights, because I traded for Cruz. I traded Cincy D,  Montee Ball and Nate Washington for Cruz and he hasn't done well at all..I have no idea what Eli's problem is..

It won't accept my cut and paste from paint, so here is a quick synopsis..I currently have 105.52. with Brandon Marshall going tonight. I lost a lot of points when Peterson went down with an injury. If he had his normal game, It would have made it very close between us. I dropped the Panther D and Added Arizona, (20 points) since I didn't want my D going against Brees and Hartley, and Almost made a mistake, but caught it last minute, and added Andre Ellington in Flex instead of Thompkins, who did not play.

Brees 36.82

Marshall (plays tonight) projected 12.52

Cruz 4.2

Peterson 1.7

Lacy 15.0

Tony G 8.5

Ellington 12.3

Hartley 7.0

Arizona 20.0

If Marshall equals his projection, I'll end up with 118.04

Its supposed to be cold and windy tonight, but clear..lows to 14, winds 10-15 mph...

Oh, In case you're interested in the race for the bye week in our league, I had a 36.2 point lead over Andy, and lead him 105.52 - 102.9. We both have won our games outright already.

I have Brandon Marshall left..He has both Jason Witten and DeMarco Murray left to play tonight. If I can hold the lead over Andy, I'll get the #2 seed and a bye.

What stinks is the on a whim I had picked up Da'Rick Rogers, but when he didn't play but a couple of plays, I picked reserves with easier schedules for the playoffs, and dropped him. Wish I would have played him instead of picking up Thompkins.and I dropped Hartline, whom I had all year, and didn't produce, but now has produced for 2 straight weeks with Knights, because I traded for Cruz. I traded Cincy D,  Montee Ball and Nate Washington for Cruz and he hasn't done well at all..I have no idea what Eli's problem is..

So, I gotcha (just barely) just curious how did I fare against the "top 4" teams?

So, I gotcha (just barely) just curious how did I fare against the "top 4" teams

Here's the recap of our league..2 of our teams would have scored higher than you this week with adjusted overall standings in the league

TY Goodbye (2) 117.52 - Natural Bjorn Killer (10) 84.86

Vontae's Grandma (3) 125.4 - Team Nice Dynamite (9) 93.46

Bodaicous Mantises (7) 139.92 - Rubber Duckies (12) 100.56

coltman51 (11) 117.24 - Broosters 85.56

Us and Them (5) 96.96 - Dustin (6) - 88.86

***Knights in Armor (1) 117.18 - IndyD4U (4) 68.82

*** NOTE:  Knights in Armor was away in the AM with family, and didn't get a chance to take out Rashad Jennings who didn't play or he would have beaten your score as well..

Hats off to Us and Them with 5 wins in a row to grab the 5th spot..

Knights in Armor 10-4 1559.40 points(won with total points)

TY Goodbye 10-4 1476.92 points

Vontae's Grandma 10-4 1448.60 points

IndyD4U 9-5 1474.42 points

Us and Them 7-7 1379.76 points

Dustin 6-8 1417.40 points

5 teams ended up at 6-8 with Dustin getting the 6th spot with 1417.4 points..despite the huge game by Bodacious Mantises, who fell 32.06 points short of the final playoff spot.

So there were 5 teams close to or ahead of you this week..

I am so glad I got the bye..I really need it..LOL

FF is a lot about luck.

It is not just how your team plays but who you play.

In one particular week, I score 134 pts in a league and lose to the only team that scores 136 (thanks to Golden Tate's only 20 pointer of the year on MNF with his taunting, remember that???), and would have beaten any other team in the league if I played them.

In another week, I score 85 points and beat a team that scores 82 pts and would have lost to 7 or 8 other teams in the league.

Like Al Davis said, "just win, baby" :)

• 2 weeks later...

FF is a lot about luck.

It is not just how your team plays but who you play.

In one particular week, I score 134 pts in a league and lose to the only team that scores 136 (thanks to Golden Tate's only 20 pointer of the year on MNF with his taunting, remember that???), and would have beaten any other team in the league if I played them.

In another week, I score 85 points and beat a team that scores 82 pts and would have lost to 7 or 8 other teams in the league.

Like Al Davis said, "just win, baby" :)

It looks like my trade with you did me in in the end.

Good Game, hope you win next week :)

It looks like my trade with you did me in in the end.

Good Game, hope you win next week :)

Thanks.

Roddy White almost brought you back into the game and you lost by just over 1 point in the end, your team is a real good one and I just caught some breaks with your QB Brees this week. I know you are disappointed but you played your heart out in the league week-to-week and as a fellow competitor, I appreciated that.

Thanks.

Roddy White almost brought you back into the game and you lost by just over 1 point in the end, your team is a real good one and I just caught some breaks with your QB Brees this week. I know you are disappointed but you played your heart out in the league week-to-week and as a fellow competitor, I appreciated that.

Eh, you win some you lose some, this is two years in a row I should have been playing in the championship in this league. Maybe I can finally end the drought next year.

Eh, you win some you lose some, this is two years in a row I should have been playing in the championship in this league. Maybe I can finally end the drought next year.

I have had those moments myself, so I know what you are talking about. There is always second guessing, IFs and BUTs, but ultimately, it is FF. Like real football, you need a few breaks to go your way. I'm sure I will see you next year.

Regular Season Standings

The Super Bowl is Us and Them (5)(pacolts) vs Dustin (6)

Me and TK...TY Goodbye and Knights in Armor will go for the 3rd spot

Vontae's Grandma (Andy) beat IndyD4U to claim 5th place..

So it looks like next year, pacolts and Dustin will be moving up into the Pro's league from the Joe's league.

Good luck for the championship

Regular Season Standings

So it looks like next year, pacolts and Dustin will be moving up into the Pro's league from the Joe's league.

The elite league, we have a #2 vs #6 team (me) in the championship game :).

The year of the wild cards, it seems like :)

Regular Season Standings

Thanks CF4L....all I can say is Nick Foles and Josh Gordon floated me thru a couple weeks I had no business winning.

I started the season with Matt Ryan and Gordon was buried on waivers with that suspension of his. Once I was so fouled up in the win/loss column I figured "what to I have to lose?" and picked up Foles and Gordon.

I'd love to be able to say this hot streak was long hours of research and sage strategy on my part....but that would be a flat out lie. It's been alot of fun.

Good luck to Dustin in our championship match-up....may the best team win. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 21, 2014 - spam
Hidden by Nadine, February 21, 2014 - spam

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL Jersey just need $18.99
Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.
Super Bowl Championship Rings I to XLVII  
2014_Super_Bowl_XLVIII_Patch Available Now
Share our site on Facebook you can get the 5% discount code!~
We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!
Enjoy the best online shipping experience
Cheap NFL Jerseys