Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MMQB: 3Q with Peyton Manning

Superman

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/06/peyton-manning-wes-welker/

I really like this feature on Peter King's new site. It's usually a little shorter, just three questions and three quick answers. Manning went a little more in depth than anyone else has so far. You can tell he still has the fire. I wish him the best.

My favorite parts:

I do not get into comparisons with the Colts, but the best thing about Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne is they practiced every day. They never missed practice. I remember talking to Thomas and Decker last year, and they would say, ‘Tell me about those guys.’ First thing I would tell them: ‘They never missed practice.’ I can’t tell you what that does to your timing. I mean, how many more reps are you getting?

A lot of guys go out and throw the route tree. Let’s throw one hitch, one slant. Well, let’s say you go 12-for-12. I mean did you really master the route? How about: Let’s go throw 12 hooks and 12 outs? Let’s go 12-for-12 on those. Let’s master that route. Let’s simulate press coverage. Let’s simulate zone.

KING: What will you be doing in 15 years?
MANNING: That’s a good question. A very good question. [Pauses for six seconds ...] You know, a lot of times you’re in the locker room, and you hear guys talking about some investment or some appearance they’re gonna make, and how much money they’re gonna get from it, and I’m looking at them, thinking, That’s the guy who dropped two balls in practice today, or,That’s the guy who missed that block Sunday. The point is, this is what I do now

I think that is what truly separates the greats from the very goods - desire to focus on football and nothing else.

Thanks for posting. Manning is always a pleasure to read or listen to. I kind of hope he either does broadcasting or coaching after retirement so we can continue to see him every Sunday.

I think that is what truly separates the greats from the very goods - desire to focus on football and nothing else.

Thanks for posting. Manning is always a pleasure to read or listen to. I kind of hope he either does broadcasting or coaching after retirement so we can continue to see him every Sunday.

I don't. That forehead is going to break my TV screen. :P

KING: What will you be doing in 15 years?

MANNING: That’s a good question. A very good question. [Pauses for six seconds ...] You know, a lot of times you’re in the locker room, and you hear guys talking about some investment or some appearance they’re gonna make, and how much money they’re gonna get from it, and I’m looking at them, thinking, That’s the guy who dropped two balls in practice today, or,That’s the guy who missed that block Sunday. The point is, this is what I do now

Favorite part for me. Peyton only concentrating on the imperfections that occurred during a practice or a game is......just so classic Peyton.

You know in grade school when you got the question, "Why did the dog jump?" "Give an in-depth analysis."

I guarantee Peyton always scored perfect. He never, ever answers a question with a simple answer. I really am going to miss him when he is done playing. Let's hope the reports about him being a robot are true. That way he'll never retire. haha

You know in grade school when you got the question, "Why did the dog jump?" "Give an in-depth analysis."

I guarantee Peyton always scored perfect. He never, ever answers a question with a simple answer. I really am going to miss him when he is done playing. Let's hope the reports about him being a robot are true. That way he'll never retire. haha

If Peyton is uninjured at the end of his 5-yeart contract.. (age 40)

....I'd bet he'd sign a new one..