Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

Are you guys in the Army or something? Because if a Brit is challenging my knowledge of FOOTBALL, then I am offended.

And we all know there is only one Steel City. Good to see they named a town after Gary Sheffield though. He deserved it. AMERICA!

Ha I had to wiki Gary Sheffield then, I'm afraid to disappoint you with the fact Sheffield was founded near on a thousand years before Pitts so I think it has a fairly good claim at being the original. That and inventing most of the steel making processes (crucible, stainless etc,) I won't bore you anymore but let's just say I know far too much about steel having worked inthe industry. It's heartbreaking to be honest to see it die when it was such a part of the city's identity.

I'd argue the "football"part too, after all we did invent the game......though if you to want to talk American Football then I profess I'm still learning, but you should never stop learning in anything in life. Apologies that my nationality has offended you, I'll try to be less of a Limey in future :) How about Estonian? What with Margus Hunt, is that better though I'm only a quarter Eesti.

I'd never claim to have perfect knowledge of the game, part of why I come on here so much is to try and sponge of those who clearly are students of it. But I do have my own two eyes and a slowly growing football brain which leads me to have opinions. They might be wrong or right but they are mine and I will gladly discuss them with any and all.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so funny.  Being from Youngstown, Ohio (which is near Pittsburgh and was also a 'steel city') I felt an affinity with you.  Roll up your sleeves, tossing back an Iron City, and bustin some chops.

Now I picture you sipping tea from china cups and obsessing over some royal baby name.

J/K

Ha tea is certainly a important part of life, though we don't tend to make a party put of it ;)

I'm not a native of Sheffield but you can still see the influences of it being a steel city, like a lot of industrial towns that have lost it hie industry it's had to reinvent itself somewhat in the face of poverty but there is still strong ties to its heritage in the slang and personality of true Sheffield folk.

Ha tea is certainly a important part of life, though we don't tend to make a party put of it ;)

I'm not a native of Sheffield but you can still see the influences of it being a steel city, like a lot of industrial towns that have lost it hie industry it's had to reinvent itself somewhat in the face of poverty but there is still strong ties to its heritage in the slang and personality of true Sheffield folk.

Much like many of our cities in the rust belt up north.  Great to have Colts fans overseas, and great to get their perspectives.

I was very impressed by Rayford. For a 6'7" guy, he can get really low. He had a brilliant sack where he just jumped off the line, got low, and just blew past the tackle. His long strides make it easy to get in the backfield quickly.

Great to hear.  I listened to an interview he did recently on a podcast.  He sounds like the kind of guy we want on our team.  He refuses to give up the dream, he's a fighter.

I hope he makes the team, and if not, then the PS.

More updates from today

Josh Wilson @Coltsfanwilson 2h
Looked like Khaled Holmes and Hugh Thornton were out of boots for this morning's walk through. DHB and Joe Reitz participated. #ColtsCamp

Josh Wilson @Coltsfanwilson 2h
Pagano said that Landy could be available for Sunday's game. Also said that Josh Gordy and Darius Butler saw time at safety in OTAs.

Josh Wilson @Coltsfanwilson 2hIf I had to guess, I'd say there's better chance Josh Gordy sees time at safety Sunday than Darius Butler. Could very well be both, though

@gmbremer: Practice is on. Will be on the turf field at Macholtz Stadium. Might be slight delay. Waiting for storm to blow over. #ColtsCamp

@mchappell51: I'm holding @gmbremer responsible for crappy weather at #colts camp today. Poor job serving as local media host. Expected so much more.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I don't know about you guys but, I have never been this excited for preseason football in all my life.  I'm as anxious for the reg season as all of you, but this is building up to be a very entertaining month, not just for the colts, but I want to see the Eagles offense, the pats situation, welker and peyton, etc...

I'm just hoping we get to September with no more injuries...as soon as I hear wet field I get real nervous, be careful boys!!!

@Coltsfanwilson: Pagano said that Landry could be available for Sunday's game. Also said that Josh Gordy and Darius Butler saw time at safety in OTAs.

@Coltsfanwilson: Pagano said that Joe Lefeged has a slight calf strain. In a boot just for precautionary reasons. #ColtsCamp

@Coltsfanwilson: DHB just jogged slowly off the field and out of the stadium heading back to locker room. Looked like trainer followed.

@Coltsfanwilson: DHB just rode back onto field. Smile on his face. Got up and went to stand on sidelines. Seems ok.

Aaaaaaaaand he's gone.

DHB just jogged slowly off the field and out of the stadium heading back to locker room. Looked like trainer followed.

I wonder if they should give DHB some time off with the trainers to make sure the knee is ok if that's why he left the field. I'm stuck in Florida so thanks to you Dustin and everyone else who has been at camp for all the up to date info!!!!!!!