Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is ridiculous, BR power rankings have Colts at 25

Nobody

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1713145-nfl-preseason-power-rankings-start-of-training-camps-edition/page/9

This guy... haha

Well his reasoning in the comments is they were 21st in point differential. So obviously we'll be worse than that, right? lmao

He thinks we go 6-10. Uninformed people like this make me mad. The rest of the list is garbage as well.

what will be funny is what his excuse will be when the colts make the playoffs again or better yet win the division. 

Good post it on the Colts bulletin board, all the critics and rankings had us dead last in 2012 and that was posted on the bulletin board and all we did was go 11-5 and made it to the playoffs, so it will give our players more incentive and motivation to prove these guys wrong once again in 2013!

Why do people get upset over a website that is driven by user-submitted articles? Most of Bleacher Report is NOT written by professional journalists, and the opinions of most of the writers hold about as much merit as joe schmo at the bar.

Good point. I just think some people like getting riled up over any articles, written by anyone. I really don't care what anyone thinks. Case in point: Colin Coward thinks we'll make the AFC Championship which is great, but still can't stand him and generally don't listen to him.

Good point. I just think some people like getting riled up over any articles, written by anyone. I really don't care what anyone thinks. Case in point: Colin Coward thinks we'll make the AFC Championship which is great, but still can't stand him and generally don't listen to him.

Exactly. Bleacher Report is one step above using social media for reporting/journalism.

First of all anything from Bleacher Report needs to be taken with a grain of salt to start with.

With that said and knowing full well what I am about to say is going to be extremely unpopular here there is an argument that can be made for the Colts sliding back this year.  I don't think many here, myself included, are going to agree with it because it pretty means looking at the glass half empty. 

You have a team whose stats don't back up their wins and lose total from a year ago which makes some already look at it as if they did it with a little smoke an mirrors. 

They lost their OC and replaced him with a NFL rookie when it comes running an offense, and on top of that their OC was one of the few coaches with a lot of NFL experience from a year ago.

Last year's team was very much on a mission to play a 17th game for Chuck Pagano and thankfully that drive has been removed but it's fair to question will the Colts be as motivated as they were last year?  It's one thing to want to win it's another to want to win for our coach who has cancer.

The Colts still have a lot of young players including a good chunk of rookies and some second year players and from time-to-time sophomore players known to slump a little and with as many as the Colts have and as many had great years last year wouldn't be shocking to see some of them take back.

For all the great things Luck has done he does have some flaws and while I do expect his INTs to go down and completion percentage to go up he still has to do it.

The Colts need to prove they can run the ball.

People still have a lot of questions about the Colts offensive line.

A lot of people didn't like how the Colts spent their free agent money this off-season and there is always a bit of an unknown when you add that many new players.  While I am sure most will work out I am also sure one or two will also turn out to be busts.

Their only really proven WR is getting to be fairly old by NFL standards and some are wondering how much longer it will be before age catches up to him.

This team has yet to be playoff team on the road or even play that great on the road in general, of their four road wins three came against teams with top ten draft picks including the two teams that had the top two picks in the draft. 

Those are just some of those things that people can look at and go yeah I am not sold on the Colts.  Again, I am sure many here will disagree with those reasons including myself on some of them but again, most of us here look at things with the glass half full when it comes to the Colts.  Not everyone views it the same way and if don't view it the same way I can see how someone can make an argument for not being high on the Colts.  It all comes down to your opinion and frankly that's power rankings are all about. 

Exactly. Bleacher Report is one step above using social media for reporting/journalism.

Bleacher Report is social media. It holds little credibility. But even the so-called experts are often wrong. I guess that's what makes football great, is the fact that there's always a team no one expects to do good, but kicks butt. You never know who's going to emerge.

I just hate the fact our first road game is against the 49ers

We have the Raiders as our opening game at home. Looking at the rest of the AFC South schedule, I think that we will be leading the division after week one.

The Titans play at the Steelers, the Chiefs play at Jacksonville and the Texans should have another prime time meltdown at San Diego.

Its not important that the ill informed publish such low brow fare such as this article.......what is important as fans is for us to remember who the ignorant are so that we aren't pointing in favor of their articles in the future when the truth comes rushing past them and they catch the bandwagon....dumb is dumb....whether it is for or against the Colts ability.......

does he not notice that this team is 6 billion times better then what we had last year. upgraded o-line, players that actually fit a 3-4 and the most dangerous fact an experienced andrew luck............whoa scary.

Not to mention one of the top prizes in free agency, Ahmad Bradshaw. Now you're putting him behind an experienced Luck?... Defenses will fear us.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1713145-nfl-preseason-power-rankings-start-of-training-camps-edition/page/9

This guy... haha

Well his reasoning in the comments is they were 21st in point differential. So obviously we'll be worse than that, right? lmao

He thinks we go 6-10. Uninformed people like this make me mad. The rest of the list is garbage as well.

He does not seriously take our free agent additions into consideration...

21st of 32.....???

..He must have lost money betting on the Colts last season...