Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 Super Bowl Halftime show is.......

aavmarine

Aerosmith and The Rolling Stones as well as ZZ Top have already done it. Michael Jackson(king of pop) has done it so it is time for the queen of pop as she has been called Madonna to do it. I'm sticking by my choice:) Bon Jovi and AC/DC would be great choices as well. If Garth Brooks hadn't taken such a long hiatus he would be a killer show. Another performer that knows how to put on a show!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may so crazy as to throw a few names that are actually artists today. Not that I'm a huge fan of them. But I do think they could put on a good halftime show.

Katy Perry

Foo Fighters

Lady Antebellum

Carrie Underwood

JMO

If I may so crazy as to throw a few names that are actually artists today. Not that I'm a huge fan of them. But I do think they could put on a good halftime show.

Katy Perry

Foo Fighters

Lady Antebellum

Carrie Underwood

JMO

You have to think that Lady Gaga will be the half-time show sooner rather than later.

You have to think that Lady Gaga will be the half-time show sooner rather than later.

That would be blasphemy if Gaga does it before Madonna. Gaga is a Madonna wannabe if there ever was one. Only thing is her music isn't as good. This era of music has hit an all time low and a lot of the kids will tell you that. I don't know how many countless comments I've read on youtube where kids are wishing they had grown up in the 70's and 80's. Even they can recognize crap when they hear it.

That would be blasphemy if Gaga does it before Madonna. Gaga is a Madonna wannabe if there ever was one. Only thing is her music isn't as good. This era of music has hit an all time low and a lot of the kids will tell you that. I don't know how many countless comments I've read on youtube where kids are wishing they had grown up in the 70's and 80's. Even they can recognize crap when they hear it.

Not that I disagree with you all that much, but there is nothing more subjective on this earth, so the declarative statements will just anger those born in a different era (he says before proceeding to make his own ;) ). This has everything to do with what music was playing when you were a kid. Personally I think that there is plenty of good stuff out there now, but that actual rock music has been abandoned for something much more subtle and by definition boring. The loud noise is coming from rap and it's various derivations, but I find the VAST majority of that to be lacking to put it mildly. It's no more music to my ears than is the sound of a jackhammer - and it drowns out everything else. This too shall pass (I hope).

I have hundreds of albums/CDs covering the period from the late 60s through the early 80's, but only a few dozen CDs from the period since. When New Wave faded I lost interest. I know Madonna has talent (and I own a greatest hits CD), but consider her more annoying than inspiring. Some attention whores are fun - she just makes me uncomfortable - and those overproduced "concerts" done by her and her followers involving dozens of partially dressed male dancers would be boring if I could stand to look at them. She's not "all that".

You undersell Lady Gaga in your loyalty to Madonna. Yes, she owes something to her elder - most musicians do - but they are very different animals. I dismissed Lady Gaga at first because the silly name and overproduced electro-pop videos turned me off. Then I happened to be sitting in front of the TV while my wife was watching a Glee episode featuring her songs. At the end there was a duet cover of ""Poker Face" in such a different style from the video that it sounded like a different song. This inspired me to search You Tube, and it turns out that they were imitating an alternative Gaga version that she often performs live. All she needs is a piano and her amazing voice to electrify an audience - she has got an enormous amount of talent. A little bit more research and I understood her act a little better. This isn't Madonna redux, it's a female Elton John! And while Madonna is all style and dance rythyms, Gaga can do that and a whole lot more. You should consider looking a little harder. Its not a competition, it's evolution, and Gaga is one of the few artists nowadays that I will go out of my way to listen to.

We were sitting there for it, live. We talked about how they were obviously a "studio/produced" act. We really like them on recording, but live...uh, no.

I'd like to see Irsay get his tweet thumbs and influence working and bring Dylan in!!! JUST KIDDING!!!

We always do rock. XLVI is in the midwest...how about multiple COUNTRY acts?? I mean, big names, current and past. Country is hot now!

I'd Love Dylan, then again I've seen him when he was an unknown on blecker street in small cafes in NYC's The Village

was taking a young women out on a date once way back during Madonnas hey day and said to her after picking her up at her home, I know Madonnas's in town for a concert but I'd swear she's just stepped out of a limo down your block , She answered back without even looking, you're probably right, she did grow up down the block shes often sneaks in . I knew she did grow up in the area but u still dont expect to run into her in a small suburb, The was i think auburn hils Mich, not sure as those little suburbs grew up & changed names to sound wealthier

Better one was Brother was in a carriibian get a away at some store and Jagger came in to buy a toothbrush, this was when he was with Bianca

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, October 7, 2011 - Not froum appropriate after watching? Had not seen the video but love the song.
Hidden by Coltssouth, October 7, 2011 - Not froum appropriate after watching? Had not seen the video but love the song.

Nickleback. Nice blend of rock, blues, and fun "this afternoon":

for those of the country music type of mind. :)

Not that I disagree with you all that much, but there is nothing more subjective on this earth, so the declarative statements will just anger those born in a different era (he says before proceeding to make his own ;) ). This has everything to do with what music was playing when you were a kid. Personally I think that there is plenty of good stuff out there now, but that actual rock music has been abandoned for something much more subtle and by definition boring. The loud noise is coming from rap and it's various derivations, but I find the VAST majority of that to be lacking to put it mildly. It's no more music to my ears than is the sound of a jackhammer - and it drowns out everything else. This too shall pass (I hope).

I have hundreds of albums/CDs covering the period from the late 60s through the early 80's, but only a few dozen CDs from the period since. When New Wave faded I lost interest. I know Madonna has talent (and I own a greatest hits CD), but consider her more annoying than inspiring. Some attention whores are fun - she just makes me uncomfortable - and those overproduced "concerts" done by her and her followers involving dozens of partially dressed male dancers would be boring if I could stand to look at them. She's not "all that".

You undersell Lady Gaga in your loyalty to Madonna. Yes, she owes something to her elder - most musicians do - but they are very different animals. I dismissed Lady Gaga at first because the silly name and overproduced electro-pop videos turned me off. Then I happened to be sitting in front of the TV while my wife was watching a Glee episode featuring her songs. At the end there was a duet cover of ""Poker Face" in such a different style from the video that it sounded like a different song. This inspired me to search You Tube, and it turns out that they were imitating an alternative Gaga version that she often performs live. All she needs is a piano and her amazing voice to electrify an audience - she has got an enormous amount of talent. A little bit more research and I understood her act a little better. This isn't Madonna redux, it's a female Elton John! And while Madonna is all style and dance rythyms, Gaga can do that and a whole lot more. You should consider looking a little harder. Its not a competition, it's evolution, and Gaga is one of the few artists nowadays that I will go out of my way to listen to.

Great freakin post man. I agree Gaga has talent. Being a musician I have always respected artists that play and sing and write their own songs far more than just a singer. I didn't mean to hate on Gaga but it rubs me wrong that a lot of people don't give Madonna the credit she deserves as well. They don't dig any deeper as you say. Maybe true musicianship will come back around at some point because these days of auto-tune, drum machines, and sampling are quite uninspiring in many ways. I miss those songs that have that goosebump factor. Thanks for the reply:)