Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck MVP article

corgi

Thanks Corgi..... 

You just beat me to it....    was just about to post it myself....

I must say, for Bleacher Report,  this is one of the better articles I've seen them put out since.....    well....    ever!

And there are series of stats about Luck in Arians' offense last year that should not be overlooked.   They are high-lighted in the story.....  and, for me at least,  those stats tell the story as to why I think Luck was far superior to Russell Wilson or RG3 last year.

He was asked to, and he delivered more with much less.    That's it in one sentence.    More with less.

Just about the hardest thing to do in sports....

A great read.....   two    :thmup:     :thmup:    way up from me!!

There is almost ZERO chance of Andrew Luck being voted the MVP of the NFL in 2013....

Andrew would have to throw for 5,000 yards, the Colts would have to have the best regular season record in all of the AFC  and at least six players elsewhere would have to suffer season ending injuries or retire from the game to join the priesthood..

Remember..Luck was the best rookie QB in 2012 (played al 16 games, set rookie yardage records, led his team to the best record of anyone with a rookie starting QB) and he wasnt voted Rookie of the Year..

Its a fanstay....but hey,. its July

Has a second-year player ever been MVP? That would be a huge accomplishment if it ended up happening. I can see Rodgers, Megatron, or even a defensive player winning it this year though.... :goodluck:

Earl Campbell won it as a rookie

There is almost ZERO chance of Andrew Luck being voted the MVP of the NFL in 2013....

Andrew would have to throw for 5,000 yards, the Colts would have to have the best regular season record in all of the AFC  and at least six players elsewhere would have to suffer season ending injuries or retire from the game to join the priesthood..

Remember..Luck was the best rookie QB in 2012 (played al 16 games, set rookie yardage records, led his team to the best record of anyone with a rookie starting QB) and he wasnt voted Rookie of the Year..

Its a fanstay....but hey,. its July

um wut?

I think the chance is slim, but it's no where near zero.

I like this:

"In addition to a better rushing attack, Luck will also have better line play in front of him. Tackle Gosder Cherilus (the best right tackle on the market this offseason) and guard Donald Thomas will step right in as starters. Both are talented all-around blockers, but Thomas gives the Colts a real road-grader on the inside while Cherilus is an athletic bookend pass-blocker.

Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey also enters the offense as another vertical threat along with Wayne and Hilton. With those three on the field, it seems almost impossible that a defense will be able to pick and choose between stopping the Colts' new-look rushing attack and covering all of those burners down the field.

It wasn't just the Colts offense that improved this offseason. Grigson added player after player to the defense as well—guys like linebackers Erik Walden and Bjoern Werner, safety LaRon Landry and cornerback Greg Toler"

Marino won it in his second year.

Heck, he could have made an argument to be MVP his rookie year too. And then his history making year came along and now I'm surprised this didn't come to mind thinking about second year players, namely QBs. Major space out moment on my part lol.

Thanks Corgi..... 

You just beat me to it....    was just about to post it myself....

I must say, for Bleacher Report,  this is one of the better articles I've seen them put out since.....    well....    ever!

And there are series of stats about Luck in Arians' offense last year that should not be overlooked.   They are high-lighted in the story.....  and, for me at least,  those stats tell the story as to why I think Luck was far superior to Russell Wilson or RG3 last year.

He was asked to, and he delivered more with much less.    That's it in one sentence.    More with less.

Just about the hardest thing to do in sports....

A great read.....   two    :thmup:     :thmup:    way up from me!!

Exactly, this article almost makes the Bleacher Reporter look respectable. And why call it the Bleacher Report anyway? It sounds like a publication for janitors & serial killers to me. JMO. Nice article though.