Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miked up

carmelcolt

I actually think the Colts will do better without him. It was great what he did, but dialing up all those long developing pass plays under that horrible offensive line with no running game didn't do Luck justice; which is why Luck was hit more than any other QB in the league. It also helps explain Luck's efficiency having to throw deep more than any other QB in the league. I think Pep will give the Colts much more balanced (pass plays) in play selection. Bradshaw helps a lot in that area as well.

Some don't like his playcalling, but you can't argue that he is great at developing QBs. I'm still not completely convinced that he will be a great head coach, but I wish him well

I think "coaching" is his best attribute. He's a great mentor/motivator, however his "play-calling" leaves a lot to be desired. He needs an OC so he can focus on the game and keep his guys in the game, if he doesn't he's going to be just like how Charlie Weis was in Notre Dame. He really only focused on the offense and left the rest of his staff to worry about the rest of the team and it all went downhill fast. I just hope Arians doesn't put himself in that position and lose his players as well as his job.

I think it was the perfect marriage at the perfect time as far as BA is concerned. He'll be hard pressed to duplicate what he accomplished in Indy. The whole ChuckStrong thing was a factor too. I'm not saying he won't succeed, but it will be tougher, especially in that division. I wish him all the best.

I actually think the Colts will do better without him. It was great what he did, but dialing up all those long developing pass plays under that horrible offensive line with no running game didn't do Luck justice; which is why Luck was hit more than any other QB in the league. It also helps explain Luck's efficiency having to throw deep more than any other QB in the league. I think Pep will give the Colts much more balanced (pass plays) in play selection. Bradshaw helps a lot in that area as well.

I think BA was the best thing for Luck, long term. Luck now has more experience throwing the deep ball, and as the game slows down for him, he should also theoretically get more time from better blocking and a better running game. Baptism by fire, baby, and Luck came out in tact!

I think his growth curve will prove to be considerably accelerated because of his work with Arians.