Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another WR coming to Camp. Kamar Jorden thread

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapolis-colts-may-add-another-wide-receiver-032700503.html

Know we added Kelly from the AFL... looks like another guy is comming to camp. Kamar Jorden. Signed by the Vikes last year as UDFA and cut due to medical issue (broken hand) before the season. Was contacted by top AFL team to come in and make plays, and has. On pace for Rookie of the Year.

Can not find a college highlight reel (the linked one wont open for me) from his days at Bowling Green but his stats are nice.

6'3 205lbs (we all love the possibility of bigger WRs since we have a dirth of pocket sized burners)

"He posted 96 receptions for 1,109 yards--both of which rank third-best in Bowling Green history--during his junior year and added four touchdowns. During his senior campaign, he racked up 78 receptions for 1,089 yards and 12 scores for the Falcons."

Might explain the freeing of Shipley to make room for this invite.

I doubt that we got rid of Shipley for this guy.

He is a camp body essentially.

dont hink at this point "camp bodies' are needed... we have like 11+ at this point... only so many routes to run with 3 qbs... 11 fresh "bodies" is plenty for camp when the percieved notion is that we will carry 5 WR...and 3 spots are locked up.  ya know. i think the FO is actively looking for guys that can improve the team.

dont hink at this point "camp bodies' are needed... we have like 11+ at this point... only so many routes to run with 3 qbs... 11 fresh "bodies" is plenty for camp when the percieved notion is that we will carry 5 WR...and 3 spots are locked up.  ya know. i think the FO is actively looking for guys that can improve the team.

I just doubt that this kid can beat out Wayne, DHB, Hilton, Brazil, Whalen/Everyone else. 

It will certainly be interesting.

I just doubt that this kid can beat out Wayne, DHB, Hilton, Brazil, Whalen/Everyone else. 

It will certainly be interesting.

certainly will not beat out T.orched Y.a, DHB and Wayne. i really think the other 2/3 spots are WIDE open though. everyone has "their guy"

-whalen cuz of Luck...Pep...Fleener... connection and camp last year

-NaPalm cuz he almost made the 9er squad and we snaked him

-Brazill cuz we have had him longer than the rookies we broght in and has shown glipses

-Sambrano cuz we heard about him in camp last year

-Kelley cuz of his physical attributes

-Rumble and Sampson cuz they are new and exciting (and rumble is a Bad A name!)

etc...

i REALLY think those other 2/3 spots are ANYONES to take.

we have the crisp veteran of mid height in Wayne. a tiny burner in hilton. and large jump man in DHB. all three can play any spot on the recieving corp. we are not needing a specific type of WR to fill the other 2 (maybe 3) spots. so i feel the battle is wide open!

cant wait for tomarrow... notes from camp!

Granted I didn't watch all the pre-season games but am I the only one here that doesn't think Brazil is that good of a player?  

During the entire season I saw one good play from him, the long TD vs. the lions.  The rest of the time I never found anything exciting about him.

Granted I didn't watch all the pre-season games but am I the only one here that doesn't think Brazil is that good of a player?  

During the entire season I saw one good play from him, the long TD vs. the lions.  The rest of the time I never found anything exciting about him.

I like him. but i agree... not setting the world on fire. thats the reason i feel no one after DHB is a lock.

all anyone can point to is "their guy" because x,y,z... None of these guys have NFL expierence enough to judge on... a few went through camp with us or another team last year... a couple are raw from college... and a couple were said to be "just camp bodies" last year and have stuck arround on the PS all season and are back. These next few weeks i feel all these kids have a clean slate and are on level ground 

certainly will not beat out T.orched Y.a, DHB and Wayne. i really think the other 2/3 spots are WIDE open though. everyone has "their guy"

-whalen cuz of Luck...Pep...Fleener... connection and camp last year

-NaPalm cuz he almost made the 9er squad and we snaked him

-Brazill cuz we have had him longer than the rookies we broght in and has shown glipses

-Sambrano cuz we heard about him in camp last year

-Kelley cuz of his physical attributes

-Rumble and Sampson cuz they are new and exciting (and rumble is a Bad A name!)

etc...

i REALLY think those other 2/3 spots are ANYONES to take.

we have the crisp veteran of mid height in Wayne. a tiny burner in hilton. and large jump man in DHB. all three can play any spot on the recieving corp. we are not needing a specific type of WR to fill the other 2 (maybe 3) spots. so i feel the battle is wide open!

cant wait for tomarrow... notes from camp!

Not saying I don't like the new guys we are bringing in, but those 3 are my picks for the final 2 spots.

I definitely see Brazill coming in because he is a Grigson draft pick and I don't he will cut a guy he drafted. Whalen will probably get it because of the familiarity with the offense. 

I like him. but i agree... not setting the world on fire. thats the reason i feel no one after DHB is a lock.

all anyone can point to is "their guy" because x,y,z... None of these guys have NFL expierence enough to judge on... a few went through camp with us or another team last year... a couple are raw from college... and a couple were said to be "just camp bodies" last year and have stuck arround on the PS all season and are back. These next few weeks i feel all these kids have a clean slate and are on level ground 

TY is a lock and I would say he's probably behind DHB.  Our top 3 of Wayne, DHB, and TY Hilton are locks in camp.  The last 2 spots will have to be sorted out.  We may want to put one on the practice squad though since DHB has only a year long contract.  

i just like the FO constantly grabbing talent. Kelley is a monster. no real college stats... or AFL stats... but a physical specimen. Lets see how he plays on grass with Luck.

Jorden is TEARING up the AFL after getting let go by Vikes (who need WR) because he broke his hand... could be a diomond in rough. Has the skills and posted solid college stats.

our guys from last year: NaPalm, brazill didnt blow minds. But were on field with the team.

camp guys like: Sambrano and Whalen have some excited and tipping scales their way now that health is back

new rookies Rubmble and Sampson are full of promise and some lable dark horses.

im PUMPED. I toss my "pitch-black-starless-sky-horse" pick to Jorden.

I have no clue who will make it past the top 3 guys.  I just keep coming back to..."What would it be like to have Luck throwing to J. Kelley in the red zone?" 6'-6" tall with a monster vertical.  Then again, we also have Fleener for that as well.  

IMO that is nonsense. T.Y. better bring his A game throughout or he runs the very real risk of losing out.

i think TY is the guy. worked well with Luck. was drafted by this FO. had an outstanding year (aside from being top in drops with our dearly departed Avery (sarcasm)) he was a Rookie stand-out and is safe i believe.

i think TY is the guy. worked well with Luck. was drafted by this FO. had an outstanding year (aside from being top in drops with our dearly departed Avery (sarcasm)) he was a Rookie stand-out and is safe i believe.

Don't get me wrong, I like him. But...he was drafted to fill an Arians mold. Arians is gone now. And this is a new O.C. and Offense altogether. He can't relax and think the job is his by default. 

This may be one year I wish we could carry about 60 players instead of 53.  In fact the way injuries have decimated us the last few years (every team really) I wish 60 was the round number for roster spots.

I would love extra room an this team for LBs (To give guys like Jake Killeen and Josh McNary as Rooks, and Harvey and Hickman as vets)  and WR. (Many listed here including the topic will not make the cut)

Regardless this makes for a SUPER camp!!  GO  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:  :pass:  :pass:

I think what gets lost on a lot of people that talk about "it's just a camp body" is that it doesn't matter if the top 3 or 4 are set on the depth chart CURRENTLY............what does matter is bring these guys in and see what they have in the off chance that someone gets hurt later in camp, preseason or even during the regular season. 

The FO and staff have seen what XYZ 'camp body' is capable of and can make a more educated decision as to whether they could bring them back later for depth........

Just my .02!

lot of shake and bake in his game. lot of jump and grab. great hands. and for non-elite speed he sure gets behind alot of defenses.

i also like the cut in the middle of his LIGHTING PEOPLE UP on blocks! Guys sells out his body for his team.

id love a lil Air Jorden... i went there

Don't get me wrong, I like him. But...he was drafted to fill an Arians mold. Arians is gone now. And this is a new O.C. and Offense altogether. He can't relax and think the job is his by default. 

You know, at first I disagreed with this, but now I actually agree with what you said. I think the competition is going to be fierce in camp this year, and if DHB really breaks out along with a couple other guys, TY could really be fighting for a spot. If anything, on paper, the Colts depth at WR is looking very good. I also look forward to seeing the TE's having a MUCH bigger role this year.