Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jordan Rodgers

Colts_Fan12

That's way I have thought about him bring Arron Rodgers brother prolly helped him

Yeah, but I don't think his name as helped him nearly as much as Nate Montana.

Jordan Rodgers actually played most of his games at the FBS level.

Nate Montana, tried playing at the FBS level for ND, failed. . . tried playing at the FCS level . . . failed, and ended up his senior year playing Div 2 ball going 225/436 51.6% for 2480 yards, 19 TD's and 7 Int's.  And he's getting a tryout from the 49er's.  

In fact Jordan Rodger's stats at the FBS level his senior year are about the same as Nate Montana's in Div 2.

Jordan Rodgers 191/319 59.9% for 2539 yards 15 TD's, 5 Int's.

Less TD's, but much higher completion percentage and more yards.  2 less Int's.

Nate Montana, tried playing at the FBS level for ND, failed. . . tried playing at the FCS level . . . failed, and ended up his senior year playing Div 2 ball going 225/436 51.6% for 2480 yards, 19 TD's and 7 Int's. And he's getting a tryout from the 49er's.

In fact Jordan Rodger's stats at the FBS level his senior year are about the same as Nate Montana's in Div 2.

Less TD's, but much higher completion percentage and more yards. 2 less Int's.

Didn't he play at Vandy?

Jordan Rodgers did. Nate Montana played Div 2 ball.

That's what I'm saying at least Jordan Rodgers played FBS ball his senior year. Nate Montana played Div 2 ball and still got a tryout with the 49er's.

Yeah that's why I thought he could possibly improve and beat gabbert he did play in the SEC

Jaguars also signed Matt Scott from Arizona, who is a better QB prospect than Jordan Rogers, IMO. Matt Scott might actually make the roster and unfortunately, I feel like Blaine Gabbert is a sitting duck.

Part of me wonders if the Jag's arn't trying to throw the season to aim for the best QB prospect in the 2014 draft.

If they really wanted to win now, they would have drafted a QB.  

Part of me wonders if the Jag's arn't trying to throw the season to aim for the best QB prospect in the 2014 draft.

Browns did not draft a QB either. They essentially are preaching patience to their fans. They basically are saying that we don't intend to draft a stop gap QB for 2 years ala Gabbert just for the sake of drafting a QB. We want to build a team for the QBs we have on the roster now and bring in competition as well. But we will build a good defense that will be ready to assist the QB sooner than later. They basically felt that there was no true franchise QB that would alter their franchise's course in this draft, so they'd rather build the other pieces.

That is the message I got. In fact, I thought the Jags had a better draft than the Colts by virtue of where they drafted and all the non-QB pieces they are putting together. Their draft was just as good as our draft last year, IMO, but on the defensive side.

Gus Bradley did get Richard Sherman drafted and got all that potential out of him. I would not be shocked if he did the same with Jonathan Cyprien and the other help they got in the secondary.

Like the Colts did? :) I kid I kid, but they didn't have much to choose from. I'm sure they will make Henne work this year and grab Bridgewater or something next year.

Browns did not draft a QB either. They essentially are preaching patience to their fans. They basically are saying that we don't intend to draft a stop gap QB for 2 years ala Gabbert just for the sake of drafting a QB. We want to build a team for the QBs we have on the roster now and bring in competition as well. But we will build a good defense that will be ready to assist the QB sooner than later. They basically felt that there was no true franchise QB that would alter their franchise's course in this draft, so they'd rather build the other pieces.

That is the message I got. In fact, I thought the Jags had a better draft than the Colts by virtue of where they drafted and all the non-QB pieces they are putting together. Their draft was just as good as our draft last year, IMO, but on the defensive side.

Gus Bradley did get Richard Sherman drafted and got all that potential out of him. I would not be shocked if he did the same with Jonathan Cyprien and the other help they got in the secondary.

True the Browns didn't draft a QB either, but while Weeden isn't anyone to get excited about, there is no excuse for another year of Blaine Gabbert.

The main reason everyone hates Weeden is his age and a horrible first start.  If he was 22, everyone would give him another year.

Nate Montana, tried playing at the FBS level for ND, failed. . . tried playing at the FCS level . . . failed, and ended up his senior year playing Div 2 ball going 225/436 51.6% for 2480 yards, 19 TD's and 7 Int's.  And he's getting a tryout from the 49er's.  

Less TD's, but much higher completion percentage and more yards.  2 less Int's.

Nate Montana.

My God.......he looks so much like his dad. lmao

montana-nate.jpg