Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Mock Draft

Is going to be my final mock draft before the draft tomorrow.  

Trade first round pick to SF for 2nd and 3rd.

Pick 34 (From SF) - D.J. Hayden CB University of Houston

There has been a lot of hype about this kid over the past couple weeks leading up to the draft.  Mayock even has him as his number 1 CB this year, but I didn't think it was a big deal until I saw the tape.  Has great speed and quick feet, uses speed to close in on the ball.  Fights for the ball in jump ball situations and is fluid while mirroring WR's.  Solid in both zone and man coverage and although a big undersized does not shy away from contact and will take ball carriers down.  Everyone should know the story about this kid, hes going to be a good player.  I know a lot of people have him going late in the 1st round, but I see him more of a 2-3 round pick.  Guess we'll see.

Pick 74 (From SF) - Jamie Collins OLB Southern Miss

This is a kid that I've really fallen in love with over the past couple weeks.  He has great explosiveness and speed that helps close in on the QB.  Has long arms that helps with separation and is one of the better coverage linebackers in this years draft and has the speed to lineup with quicker TE's and slot receivers.  Had an amazing combine 6'3'' 250lbs 4.64 40, 41.5 inch vert, 139.0 inch broad jump.  He is a bit lean and still needs to fill out his frame and doesn't have great moves in the pass rush, but nothing that he can't learn from Robert Mathis.

Pick 86 - Barrett Jones T/OG/C Alabama

Versatile offensive lineman that has played every position on the o-line for Alabama.  Shows good strength and has good technique and very smart.  Is not a great athlete  but has good fundamentals.  Will be able to help in both the run and passing game. 

Pick 121 - Chris Harper WR Kansas St.

Good sized WR at 6'1'' 230 has a thick muscular build makes it hard for defenders to bring him down.  Has good speed for his size, 4.55 40, and has solid hands.  Does lose focus and occasionally drops the ball and a bit stiff in his hips and a bit raw in his route running, but nothing that Reggie can't help him with.  I can see him being groomed by Reggie and later replacing him.

Pick 192 - Knile Davis RB Arkansas

Has some question marks about being able to stay healthy, but if he can he can be a game changing 3 down running back.  Has the size to be a 3 down back 5'11'' 227 lbs and has great straight line speed.  Is big and strong enough to break through tackles, but agile enough to make defenders miss.  Not afraid of contact and has solid hands to catch passes out of the back field.  Needs to use his strength to get up on defenders and help in pass protection, goes fro cut blocks rather than body-to-body.  Ran a 4.37 40 and benched 31 reps.

Pick 230 - Eric Herman OG Ohio

Adding depth into our interior as we're pretty thin there.  Has good size 6'4'' 320 and had 36 bench reps at the combine.  Can't be much worse than McGlynn.

Pick 254 - Jonathan Stewart ILB Texas A&M

Mr. Irrelevant is Jonathan Stewart!  Good sized ILB that adds depth in the linebacking corp and can immediately contribute on special teams.

Very good draft. If we could trade down and get Hayden and Collins, it would be amazing. We'd be completely set at corner, and Collins would provide instant quality depth at OLB. If Lattimore is there in the 4th I'd consider taking him over Harper, but I can't complain about the pick. 

Is going to be my final mock draft before the draft tomorrow.

Trade first round pick to SF for 2nd and 3rd.

Pick 34 (From SF) - D.J. Hayden CB University of Houston

There has been a lot of hype about this kid over the past couple weeks leading up to the draft. Mayock even has him as his number 1 CB this year, but I didn't think it was a big deal until I saw the tape. Has great speed and quick feet, uses speed to close in on the ball. Fights for the ball in jump ball situations and is fluid while mirroring WR's. Solid in both zone and man coverage and although a big undersized does not shy away from contact and will take ball carriers down. Everyone should know the story about this kid, hes going to be a good player. I know a lot of people have him going late in the 1st round, but I see him more of a 2-3 round pick. Guess we'll see.

Pick 74 (From SF) - Jamie Collins OLB Southern Miss

This is a kid that I've really fallen in love with over the past couple weeks. He has great explosiveness and speed that helps close in on the QB. Has long arms that helps with separation and is one of the better coverage linebackers in this years draft and has the speed to lineup with quicker TE's and slot receivers. Had an amazing combine 6'3'' 250lbs 4.64 40, 41.5 inch vert, 139.0 inch broad jump. He is a bit lean and still needs to fill out his frame and doesn't have great moves in the pass rush, but nothing that he can't learn from Robert Mathis.

Pick 86 - Barrett Jones T/OG/C Alabama

Versatile offensive lineman that has played every position on the o-line for Alabama. Shows good strength and has good technique and very smart. Is not a great athlete but has good fundamentals. Will be able to help in both the run and passing game.

Pick 121 - Chris Harper WR Kansas St.

Good sized WR at 6'1'' 230 has a thick muscular build makes it hard for defenders to bring him down. Has good speed for his size, 4.55 40, and has solid hands. Does lose focus and occasionally drops the ball and a bit stiff in his hips and a bit raw in his route running, but nothing that Reggie can't help him with. I can see him being groomed by Reggie and later replacing him.

Pick 192 - Knile Davis RB Arkansas

Has some question marks about being able to stay healthy, but if he can he can be a game changing 3 down running back. Has the size to be a 3 down back 5'11'' 227 lbs and has great straight line speed. Is big and strong enough to break through tackles, but agile enough to make defenders miss. Not afraid of contact and has solid hands to catch passes out of the back field. Needs to use his strength to get up on defenders and help in pass protection, goes fro cut blocks rather than body-to-body. Ran a 4.37 40 and benched 31 reps.

Pick 230 - Eric Herman OG Ohio

Adding depth into our interior as we're pretty thin there. Has good size 6'4'' 320 and had 36 bench reps at the combine. Can't be much worse than McGlynn.

Pick 254 - Jonathan Stewart ILB Texas A&M

Mr. Irrelevant is Jonathan Stewart! Good sized ILB that adds depth in the linebacking corp and can immediately contribute on special teams.

from the sounds of it , Hayden will be long gone by then

Pick 34 (From SF): DJ Hayden CB

Alternate Picks: Robert Alford CB, Margus Hunt DE

Pick 74 (From SF): Barrett Jones C

Alternate Picks: Jamie Collins OLB, Kyle Long OG

Pick 86: Kiko Alonso ILB

Alternate Picks: Kyle Long OG, Corey Lemonier OLB/DE

Pick 121: Christine Michael RB

Alternate Picks: Ray Graham RB, Kenny Stills WR

Pick 192: Josh Evans FS

Alternate Picks: Duke Williams SS, Earl Wolff SS

Pick 230: Cameron Lawrence OLB/ILB

Pick 254:  Braden Hanson OG

NFL Live with polian and mangini simulating a war room, they were on the eagles pick at 4 and the cardinals called and said they were looking to trade up and were offering the #7 overall and there 3rd rounder(69th) , polian turned it down though and took Milliner.

Just doesn't look like you would get a 2nd and a 3rd for pick 24

NFL Live with polian and mangini simulating a war room, they were on the eagles pick at 4 and the cardinals called and said they were looking to trade up and were offering the #7 overall and there 3rd rounder(69th) , polian turned it down though and took Milliner.

Just doesn't look like you would get a 2nd and a 3rd for pick 24

that was the dumbest fake war room thing i have ever seen. It was even worse than when they go on the miniature football field and reenact plays... its embarrassing to watch guys like polian and Jerry rice participate in things like that....

sorry for the rant