Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampa Bay Mnf Game

chrisfarley

On paper, we should win this game assuming things go well at the QB position. But, what I really want to know is if we do go on a winning streak starting with the Tampa Bay MNF game, is there any real shot of making a wild-card spot with 3 AFC losses already?

Uh, No. No real shot at all.

Why should we win this game on paper?

Everything I have seen so far says we can win, but I havent read any paper saying we match up with them better than we did vs. the Browns. Tampa has some talent, and its in their backyard so if we keep improving maybe....but I wouldnt say we will be favored here.

On paper, we should win this game assuming things go well at the QB position. But, what I really want to know is if we do go on a winning streak starting with the Tampa Bay MNF game, is there any real shot of making a wild-card spot with 3 AFC losses already?

on paper?really they are 2-1 we are 0-3.they are home and favored by 9.5 points.

Wait....why would 3 losses in the AFC eliminate us? Unless you are a blind *, it's easy to see that the NFC is vastly superior this year. Also, the only unbeaten team left in the AFC? Buffalo. NYJ, NE, Pitt, Buff, Balt... they are all playing each other too, so more losses to come. Tennessee and Jacksonville look at least as bad as us, and Houston's defense proved that it's still awful.

If we can string together some wins, we are not out of it.

Based on the way our team looks right now, I would exclude us, however.

Chris....if we win at Tampa (a long shot)..we could be 3-3 ....the next 2 games are KC and Cincy..

You're thinking wild card....which isnt likely....That's going to take 11-5 or 10-6 and tie breaker is conference record...

The way I'm looking at it....We have to win the Division......we have to win our five remaining Division games..beat Cincy, KC, Carolina and (one of the following) either Tampa, Baltimore Atlanta, NO or NE

..end up 9-7 and win a division tiebreaker ..which is Division record, right?

We need Houston to lose 7 games and go 4-2 in the Divsion....That's unlikely but they blew one yesterday.

If we lose to KC and Cincy... we're toast..

But even at 2-4 after 6 weeks, we have a chance..

It is what it is.

The Bucs never play on Monday night, which is usually a blessing because it leaves practice/recovery time for the next game, too short.

Easy to say when you never play then, I know.

I remember one time in November when the Bucs played on a Monday, then the following Sunday, then on Thursday, three games in 11 days, they got blown out in the last game from starting gassed.

I haven't been able to watch the Bucs yet this year, so I'm intrigued by this game. Certainly, the records here would favor the Bucs, and the fact that our QB situation is unsettled to say the least.

If the defense shows up again like they did last night, we'll have a shot in every game we play this year. Freeney and Mathis dominated last night, while Nevis, Conner, and Angerer all had very impressive games. If they can keep up that level of performance and Painter is able to settle in and be productive, we'll have a shot. We certainly proved last night that we're better than our record, but they have to bring that type of game every week.

All that said, until we actually win a game, we're going to be underdogs and going to have something to prove.

Wait....why would 3 losses in the AFC eliminate us? Unless you are a blind *, it's easy to see that the NFC is vastly superior this year. Also, the only unbeaten team left in the AFC? Buffalo. NYJ, NE, Pitt, Buff, Balt... they are all playing each other too, so more losses to come. Tennessee and Jacksonville look at least as bad as us, and Houston's defense proved that it's still awful.

If we can string together some wins, we are not out of it.

Based on the way our team looks right now, I would exclude us, however.

dude are jim irsay? u are one positive guy

If we pull out a win vs. the Bucs (which there is a real shot, believe it or not) then we could easily win 3 games in a row. We have Bucs, Chiefs, and then Bengals.

That is absolutely true. The Bucs would be the toughest of the three obviously, but if we managed to play the way we did VS. Pittsburgh for a few weeks we could find ourselves at .500, and in a Division that is weak(outside of the Texans) you never know, but I dont have a strong feeling about the Colts competing for anything this year.

Does anyone know where Jim Sorgi is? I saw that he was released from the Giants. Is he still hurt? Best wishes to Peyton!

He's actually back in Indy. He does a pregame show for local Indy channel. said he would love to go back to Colts, but they haven't contacted him.