Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Colt team was your favorite

PrincetonTiger

What was your Favorite Colt team?

Explain?

I know I'll probably get reamed for this, but mine would be last years team. Expectations were so low and add the rookies, paganos cancer, and making the playoffs.

The chuck strong campaign had me on my toes all year, definitely a lot of ups and downs. During the Peyton years, you knew what to expect.

I'm 23 and I started following colts religiously in 2001. Expectations were high.

The 2009 Colts.  They should have gone undefeated, they were better than the 2006 SB team, and they should have won that SB against the saints.  It wasnt the INT that ruined the game, its was that stupid decision to run 3 times with like 1:30 left on the clock and timeouts still left.  That was what ruined that game.  You dont do that kind of thing when you have peyton.  10 point difference right there.  Forever will be a bitter spot in my life.  What made it worse was that I was overseas during this and our TV kept cutting in and out AND i didnt get to watch any of the SB commercials.  Stupid AFN. 

'68 was an awesome year until the Super Bowl; but the team was thought of as maybe the best ever and definitely the best ever defense at that point--finished 13-1 regular season

'70 avenging --to some degree, the SB III loss (only to some degree)

'75 and '76-Bert Jones led upstart Colts. If you didn't ever see him play, think of Brett Favre's arm, Elway's legs and Montana smarts.

'87 with Dickerson and the surprise of the NFL that year

'95 speaking of surprises-wow, and Jim Harbaugh will always have a place in the hearts of Colts fans

'99 another surprise to be that good so fast and the beginning of things to come

'05 truly our best all around team during Peyton era IMO

'06 for avenging so many disappointing playoff seasons

'12 for all the surprises

Sorry I couldn't choose one out of these

The Indianapolis Colts.

Much better than the Baltimore Colts.

I kinda like the Baltimore Colts better. By the way, on NFL Network, Baltimore's Memorial Stadium was voted the third best home field advantage in NFL history ! I though new M & T Bank stadium might be in there also.

I kinda like the Baltimore Colts better. By the way, on NFL Network, Baltimore's Memorial Stadium was voted the third best home field advantage in NFL history ! I though new M & T Bank stadium might be in there also.

Good for Memorial Stadium. What an historic place. Remembering the dirt/dust on half the field due to the Orioles playing on the same field. Great to have the Colts that I've liked for so long play at places like Memorial and the RCA Dome. Both known for tremendous homefield advantage.

Well, I moved from Cincinnati to Indy in 1984 and proceeded to suffer through many lean years with the Colts up until that 1995 team. That was truly a memorable run.

Should Quentin Coryatt have intercepted that ball and iced the AFC Championship for us? Sure. And there probably could have been other things that we should have done to win that game, but Slash ran out of the back of the endzone and was the first player to touch the ball when he caught that "touchdown". That should have been a penalty, damnit! :censored2:  SOUR GRAPES!! SOUR GRAPES!!!

Well, I moved from Cincinnati to Indy in 1984 and proceeded to suffer through many lean years with the Colts up until that 1995 team. That was truly a memorable run.

Should Quentin Coryatt have intercepted that ball and iced the AFC Championship for us? Sure. And there probably could have been other things that we should have done to win that game, but Slash ran out of the back of the endzone and was the first player to touch the ball when he caught that "touchdown". That should have been a penalty, darnit! :censored2:  SOUR GRAPES!! SOUR GRAPES!!!

Suffering through the Jeff George years really made you appriciate the 1995 team. That AFCCG alone is why I still harbor pure hatred for the STEALers too.

Aside from the '95 team I'd have to say the 2006 and 2012 teams.

2006 becasue we FINALLY did it.

2012 becasue Luck showed Indy the Colts will succeed even without PM.

I loved the super bowl year, but this year was really something. People didn't expect us to do anything and we went to the playoffs with a rookie QB. The 7 comebacks...all of the rookies coming up big...seeing our new era's beginning after an emotional offseason. I've never been so excited about the future of our team.