Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Colts Draft (All needs addressed)

1st- CB Desmond Trufant, Washington (Gives us probably the best man corner we've had in some time. Trufant has coverage abilities better than Davis although Davis is more talented and a better run tackler. Trufant I believe will be a very good value over the likes of DeAndre Hopkins and Justin Hunter because of his star potential on defense and ability to stick with WRs like glue. Now we have one of the best secondaries in the NFL with Davis and Toler starting with Trufant starting at nickel until he is ready to take over the starting spot. Toler has had injury issues and I dont want to see Butler or Vaughn starting. They are nickel corners only. This kid is a terrific individual who is a hard worker as well so with Pagano's coaching he can become a star on this defense.)

*Indy trades 2013 3rd and 2014 5th to move up 10 spots in the 3rd*

3rd(via trade)- WR Quinton Patton, LA Tech (We took a small school WR in the 3rd last year in TY Hilton after trading up, and we had success on that plus we have shown interest in him already. He is being compared to Reggie only he has better size at 6-2. Now our offensive weapons are pretty much complete after getting our #2 WR while keeping Hilton in the slot.)

*Indy trades 4th and 6th to Seattle for their two 5th round picks.*

5th(via trade)- OG Alvin Bailey, Arkansas (We get depth at OG with this pick.)

5th(via trade)- OLB Trevardo Williams, UCONN (Depth at DE/OLB)

With my first two picks of this draft we get Senior Bowl studs who usually turn out in the NFL. We also get help on the OL, and in our pass rush.

1st- CB Desmond Trufant, Washington (Gives us probably the best man corner we've had in some time. Trufant has coverage abilities better than Davis although Davis is more talented and a better run tackler. Trufant I believe will be a very good value over the likes of DeAndre Hopkins and Justin Hunter because of his star potential on defense and ability to stick with WRs like glue. Now we have one of the best secondaries in the NFL with Davis and Toler starting with Trufant starting at nickel until he is ready to take over the starting spot. Toler has had injury issues and I dont want to see Butler or Vaughn starting. They are nickel corners only. This kid is a terrific individual who is a hard worker as well so with Pagano's coaching he can become a star on this defense.)

*Indy trades 2013 3rd and 2014 5th to move up 10 spots in the 3rd*

3rd(via trade)- WR Quinton Patton, LA Tech (We took a small school WR in the 3rd last year in TY Hilton after trading up, and we had success on that plus we have shown interest in him already. He is being compared to Reggie only he has better size at 6-2. Now our offensive weapons are pretty much complete after getting our #2 WR while keeping Hilton in the slot.)

*Indy trades 4th and 6th to Seattle for their two 5th round picks.*

5th(via trade)- OG Alvin Bailey, Arkansas (We get depth at OG with this pick.)

5th(via trade)- OLB Trevardo Williams, UCONN (Depth at DE/OLB)

With my first two picks of this draft we get Senior Bowl studs who usually turn out in the NFL. We also get help on the OL, and in our pass rush.

Patton will be long gone before the 3rd...

And I think your two 5th round picks will be gone as well....

Just my view of things....

But I appreciate the outside the box thinking....

Trufant is a bit of a reach., We could trade down and pick up an extra 4th I bet and still have a shot to get him but I'd rather draft Banks if we trade down(using your Corner early theory)

I'd rather keep our 4th and draft Travis Long with it if we dont go OLB early

Trufant is a bit of a reach., We could trade down and pick up an extra 4th I bet and still have a shot to get him but I'd rather draft Banks if we trade down(using your Corner early theory)

I'd rather keep our 4th and draft Travis Long with it if we dont go OLB early

Trufant has been rising ever since the Senior Bowl. He will go round 1 for sure. There are some analysts who think he is the 2nd best CB in this draft and the best coverage CB.

Trufant has been rising ever since the Senior Bowl. He will go round 1 for sure. There are some analysts who think he is the 2nd best CB in this draft and the best coverage CB.

Nah he wont go round 1 he will go early round 2

At 24? Really disagree, he's my 2nd corner in this class, think he's great and fits this scheme perfectly.

There will be some better players available

1.Okafor

2.Damontre Moore (Maybe)

3.Bjoern Werner(Maybe)

4.Jonathan Cooper

5.Xavier Rhodes(it will be close)

6.Hopkins(Maybe)

7.Allen(Maybe, one of these two wr's)

8.Jarvis Jones (maybe depending on enough teams are scared to draft him but not likely going to happen)

9.Warford

All of those guys I'd draft before Trufant

No way would I touch Okafor, Rhodes or Warford before Trufant, no way.

Okafor was a very much top notch pass rusher

Rhodes in my opinion is the best Corner in the draft, far better then trufant, teams were not scared to throw on Trufant , pretty much most experts would tell ya Rhodes is better then Trufant and its not close

Okafor was a very much top notch pass rusher

Rhodes in my opinion is the best Corner in the draft, far better then trufant, teams were not scared to throw on Trufant , pretty much most experts would tell ya Rhodes is better then Trufant and its not close

I love Trufant as a prospect, think he has great man coverage skills, can press and jam receivers at the line, has fantastic closing speed to make plays, shows competitiveness - isn't a ballhawk but he's definitely a better athlete than Rhodes is. As for the most experts thing, who is saying that it isn't even close?!

I love Trufant as a prospect, think he has great man coverage skills, can press and jam receivers at the line, has fantastic closing speed to make plays, shows competitiveness - isn't a ballhawk but he's definitely a better athlete than Rhodes is. As for the most experts thing, who is saying that it isn't even close?!

Rhodes is more athletic.

Yous guys are really dismissing the OL need, aren't you?  It's by far the biggest need IMHO.  Addressing it any later than the 3rd round is insufficient, especially since our WR need just got downgraded significantly with the DHB signing.

Yous guys are really dismissing the OL need, aren't you?  It's by far the biggest need IMHO.  Addressing it any later than the 3rd round is insufficient, especially since our WR need just got downgraded significantly with the DHB signing.

Im not dismissing it but the other 2 positions are serious needs as well, OLB and Corner, If Jonathan Cooper is there Im not sure we can pass him up though

Im not dismissing it but the other 2 positions are serious needs as well, OLB and Corner, If Jonathan Cooper is there Im not sure we can pass him up though

True.  At least the OL has been in the discussion in this thread.  However, I see our depth chart being two deep at each OLB position (Mathis/Hughes at the Rush OLB and Walden/Sidbury at the Set-the-Edge OLB).  We're 3 1/2 at CB (Davis, Toler, Butler, Vaughn).  We're 1 deep at both OG and OT spots.  And it would be a miracle if Reitz can stay healthy.  The OL seems to be alarmingly thin to me... 

True.  At least the OL has been in the discussion in this thread.  However, I see our depth chart being two deep at each OLB position (Mathis/Hughes at the Rush OLB and Walden/Sidbury at the Set-the-Edge OLB).  We're 3 1/2 at CB (Davis, Toler, Butler, Vaughn).  We're 1 deep at both OG and OT spots.  And it would be a miracle if Reitz can stay healthy.  The OL seems to be alarmingly thin to me... 

Agreed