Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Colts interrested in Brandon Lloyd

HungarianColtsFan

At this point if its not DHB, Ide rather draft a WR in the 3rd or 4th & let that rookie & Brazil battle it out for more snaps. It's not that Lloyd is bad or DHB is so good, it's just DHB is young w/potential to grow still. Lloyd would just be taking snaps away from Hilton/Brazil. Now if someone suffers an injury, I'm all for Lloyd.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point if its not DHB, Ide rather draft a WR in the 3rd or 4th & let that rookie & Brazil battle it out for more snaps. It's not that Lloyd is bad or DHB is so good, it's just DHB is young w/potential to grow still. Lloyd would just be taking snaps away from Hilton/Brazil. Now if someone suffers an injury, I'm all for Lloyd.

There won't be any good WR left by the 3rd, especially the 4th. It's either 1st or nothing. Unless you want someone of Brazil's skill or less.

There won't be any good WR left by the 3rd, especially the 4th. It's either 1st or nothing. Unless you want someone of Brazil's skill or less.

I disagree, Patton-Terrence Williams-Stedman Bailey-Kenny Stills are all more talented than Brazil. Luck throwing to them makes the need for drafting a 1st round WR less important to me. When your QB sucks, sometimes you need to draft guys that high to make plays.

I mean we got Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon late in the draft. Victor Cruz was undrafted. We see this story over and over, I agree if we are looking for a #1 caliber receiver it is much more likely to take one in the first rd. I usually like RD 2 for best value at WR. To me that's a great round to get one but alas we don't have one. We moved up in the 3rd to get Hilton so we know quality can be there throughout the draft....its just about getting the bpa when we pick. If there was someone worth targeting....a future pro bowl caliber receiver I would expect us to move up to get him if he falls in reach...but nothing drastic. How many top 10 receivers have been busts. A lot of people thought Blackmon would have been a great pick last year and I haven't been impressed....but you look at Dez Bryant who was taken in the teens that has been everything and more. I think we take a hard look at WR but only if the value is there.