Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's present tweet..

Indeee

"shifting gears for insurance plan".. This means I believe we arn't in running any longer with WR deal or at least the top dog we wanted based on them signing Hasselback.. That's crap but oh well

welcome to Indy lower lever wideout.. Ha!!

This is probably as clear as Irsay is going to make it that the so called trade is dead. I wish he would just come and tell people that it is so all the speculation would stop. As soon as we signed Hasselbeck, it told me they were moving on with the backup plans.

We could be over speculating this reference to the receiver  I think this is solely about Hassleback aka Luck's/Colts "insurance plan" fffor if Luck goes down. Do we know what Hassleback's cap hit is going to be?

We could be over speculating this reference to the receiver  I think this is solely about Hassleback aka Luck's/Colts "insurance plan" fffor if Luck goes down. Do we know what Hassleback's cap hit is going to be?

The "insurance plan" had nothing to do with telling me the WR trade wasn't happening, It's the 2 yr. 8 million dollar contract that told me the WR trade was dead. We had about 17 million left before we signed Hasselbeck then you subtract 4 mil. and you have to have about 3 mil. for draft picks. That leaves us 10 mil. which is about what will be kept for in season moves that will be made. Their is no room to add a high dollar WR, unless we make some serious cuts.

The "insurance plan" had nothing to do with telling me the WR trade wasn't happening, It's the 2 yr. 8 million dollar contract that told me the WR trade was dead. We had about 17 million left before we signed Hasselbeck then you subtract 4 mil. and you have to have about 3 mil. for draft picks. That leaves us 10 mil. which is about what will be kept for in season moves that will be made. Their is no room to add a high dollar WR, unless we make some serious cuts.

It doesn't neccesarily put us out of the WR market yet..........perhaps this WR is still on his original Rookie contract and the numbers are still manageable?  The other team is asking for to many or to high of a draft pick......or some combo of players that Grigson (et al) think is too steep of a price?

It doesn't neccesarily put us out of the WR market yet..........perhaps this WR is still on his original Rookie contract and the numbers are still manageable?  The other team is asking for to many or to high of a draft pick......or some combo of players that Grigson (et al) think is too steep of a price?

I know some are going to keep holding out hope, but IMO it's done. I think it's best to just get a receiver in the draft, there is plenty of talent and it will be much cheaper. I can't say that it's 100% dead, but it's probably as close as you can get.

"shifting gears for insurance plan".. This means I believe we arn't in running any longer with WR deal or at least the top dog we wanted based on them signing Hasselback.. That's crap but oh well

By shifting gears, I think he was saying we will sign our back up qb then focus again on the wr, So when we see colts signed -Whoever- we wouldnt be like thats the suprise signing????..I dont know if I explained that how i said it out loud lol but I think he was just letting everyone be aware we are shifting gears for a minute 

Huh?  How did you decipher all that out of what Irsay said?  To me "shifting gears" just means they are addressing a different position and "insurance plan" in the context of the Hassellbeck signing just means finding a back-up for Luck.  People read too much into stuff that ain't there.