Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Flawed Thinking About Last Place Schedule

chad72

The flawed part of the thinking behind the 4th place division standing schedule is...it matters just for 2 games, yep, 2 flipping games.

We play the AFC East and NFC North, the two best divisions in each conference, IMO next year, regardless of our standing in the AFC South this year. Then, we play 6 in our own division.

The only 2 games based on how bad we are will be the teams in the AFC West and AFC North that we play next year (possibly Chiefs and Browns, IMO).

So, let us not go under the assumption that we will get to play only bottom feeders in every division that we play, just saying :).

The flawed part of the thinking behind the 4th place division standing schedule is...it matters just for 2 games, yep, 2 flipping games.

We play the AFC East and NFC North, the two best divisions in each conference, IMO next year, regardless of our standing in the AFC South this year. Then, we play 6 in our own division.

The only 2 games based on how bad we are will be the teams in the AFC West and AFC North that we play next year (possibly Chiefs and Browns, IMO).

So, let us not go under the assumption that we will get to play only bottom feeders in every division that we play, just saying :).

yep exactly. The difference in strength of schedule between us and teams in our division is minimal because it's only those 2 games that are affected. It's means we play the chiefs/Bengals (I think the browns finish above Cincy) and Houston (probably) plays San Diego/Pitt (or baltimore)

AFC East and NFC North? I don't like the sound of that...

Funny how the Colts usually play the Pats because the two teams are division winners, but this year where it looks like the Colts won't win their division, the Colts and Pats will still play the next season.

What's even funnier than that is that the same thing happened before. Can't remember what year it was but the Pats stumbled and didn't make the playoffs but we were still first place. It just so happened though that the next year was our turn in the rotation to play the AFC East so we played them anyway. lol

What's even funnier than that is that the same thing happened before. Can't remember what year it was but the Pats stumbled and didn't make the playoffs but we were still first place. It just so happened though that the nexdt year was our turn in the rotation to play the AFC East so we played them anyway. lol

We didn't win our division that year. The Titans did and I believe the Jets beat out New England as for we both finished second that year. Same year that Brady went down wasn't it? I would look it up but feeling a little lazy right now.

We didn't win our division that year. The Titans did and I believe the Jets beat out New England as for we both finished second that year. Same year that Brady went down wasn't it? I would look it up but feeling a little lazy right now.

Yep, that would be correct. Pats finished 2nd behind Dolphins (comeback, wildcat team of 2008) and Colts finished 2nd behind Titans.

Yep, that would be correct. Pats finished 2nd behind Dolphins (comeback, wildcat team of 2008) and Colts finished 2nd behind Titans.

We're thinking of different years, and it was partly my fault because I had the situations backwards. It was in '03 when we finished second place behind Tennessee and NE finished first place in their division. We still played them in '04 because that was our year to play the AFC East. :)

The NFC North has some nice teams, but the toughest division? As for the AFC east I'll give you the Pats/Jets, but the others tough?

I definitely agree with the NFC north being one of, if not the best overall division. To the other point, if you agree on the Pats/Jets then the 2 you question are the Bills/Dolphins, which is understandable. However consider that you'd need to compare the Bills/Dolphins to the bottom 2 teams in the other divisions as well which would be the Bengals/Steelers and the Chiefs/someone and yeah, I'd agree the Bills and Dolphins are looking better right now than the bottom 2 teams in the other divisions as well.

:)

AFC East and NFC North? I don't like the sound of that...

Funny how the Colts usually play the Pats because the two teams are division winners, but this year where it looks like the Colts won't win their division, the Colts and Pats will still play the next season.

I like that!

Funny how that works out:)

However you will get the two conf games that finsish in your spot. Not sure who that would be at this point.

chiefs might be one.....

I definitely agree with the NFC north being one of, if not the best overall division. To the other point, if you agree on the Pats/Jets then the 2 you question are the Bills/Dolphins, which is understandable. However consider that you'd need to compare the Bills/Dolphins to the bottom 2 teams in the other divisions as well which would be the Bengals/SteelersBrowns and the Chiefs/someone and yeah, I'd agree the Bills and Dolphins are looking better right now than the bottom 2 teams in the other divisions as well.

:)

I think that is what you meant.

The Packers, Bears and Lions will be a handful next year. That is why I feel the NFC North and the AFC East are the best divisions in the NFC and AFC right now. The NFC East is the next close one but if the Cowboys and Redskins rebound from last year, we can take them seriously to put them as the best division in the NFC.

Regardless, not a cup cake schedule by any means :).

I think that is what you meant.

The Packers, Bears and Lions will be a handful next year. That is why I feel the NFC North and the AFC East are the best divisions in the NFC and AFC right now. The NFC East is the next close one but if the Cowboys and Redskins rebound from last year, we can take them seriously to put them as the best division in the NFC.

Regardless, not a cup cake schedule by any means :).

lol yes thank you for catching that. I definitely meant Browns and Bengals. :D

It being a hard schedule is good though. I'd rather go 11-5 and win the SB by getting better losing to good teams than to go 15-1 beating up on bad teams and lose in the first playoff game because we were used to lower competition. If you cant make it through a tough schedule then u cant make it through the playoffs lol