Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which WR are we trying to "reel in", Irsay's "BIG FISH"?

I would love that.

ColtJax, on 18 Mar 2013 - 14:09, said:snapback.png

I'm still going out on the like and say it's Micheal Crabtree from the 49'ers. From what I've been reading he isn't exactly loved there.

Why in the world would the 49ers trade their best WR that had great chemistry with Kapernack ? Besides WR is probably the thinnest position on the team. Plus that he has two years left on his contract at a very reasonable base.

A name that no one has mentioned may be Hakeem Nicks. If the Giants plan on signing Cruz long term they may not be able to afford Nicks and Cruz both. Nicks is a Giant, as in whopper, has a ring. and I believe is in the final year of his rookie deal. Nicks is the player the Colts should have drafted when they took Donald Brown.

Oh Lord, I just had a thought. . . and it's a scary thought.

What if they are talking about Chad Johnson in FA? Heard he was trying to make a come back.

I hope Grigs is smarter then to sign him and if he does at the min with no guaranteed money so he can be cut.

I would bet whoever it is is not a FA... a FA would not take this long or be as complicated as this appears to be.

A name that no one has mentioned may be Hakeem Nicks. If the Giants plan on signing Cruz long term they may not be able to afford Nicks and Cruz both. Nicks is a Giant, as in whopper, has a ring. and I believe is in the final year of his rookie deal. Nicks is the player the Colts should have drafted when they took Donald Brown.

Actually the real person the Colts should have drafted instead of Donald Brown is LeSean McCoy who was drafted like a couple spots after Donald Brown in the 2nd round.

I mentioned Nicks as an unlikely possibility in another thread...I just didn't see any reason why the Giants would want to let him go, but you make a good point.  He's definitely my favorite of the likely possibilities and I'm with you, I was really disappointed when we took Brown over Nicks back in that draft.

Based on this story posted by someone else over on the Colts page of this website,  I now think the target is Jeremy Maclin.

By the way,  the story says the possible target is DeSean Jackson,  but for other reasons,  I now think it's JM....

Here's the story.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21906773/best-spot-for-irsay-to-land-whopper-wideout-probably-philly

Based on this story posted by someone else over on the Colts page of this website,  I now think the target is Jeremy Maclin.

By the way,  the story says the possible target is DeSean Jackson,  but for other reasons,  I now think it's JM....

Here's the story.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21906773/best-spot-for-irsay-to-land-whopper-wideout-probably-philly

I thought someone debunked the possibility of it being Maclin?  This would be a lot easier to keep track of if all the info was kept in one thread. lol