Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Danny Woodhead signs with Chargers

amfootball

Are you serious? Darn it. Woodhead was perfect in NE. I loved Danny. He was a thumper running back. He will perform well in San Diego & Phillip Rivers is a good QB. It's not like Woodhead just landed in Cleveland or something. RBs are easier to replace than almost any other position on a 53 man roster. Danny is an awesome back though. Toughness, durability, seldom fumbles, great blocker, & excellent hands to catch the ball with. 

The weird thing is some many NFL analysts think that Kansas City will compete with Denver for the AFC West. The Chiefs with Alex Smith don't scare me at all, but San Diego with Phillip Rivers & Danny Woodhead does though. Keep an eye on the Chargers. Unless Andy Reid kicks caboose on defense, the Chiefs will flounder just like they always do year in year out.

2 Questions: Is Carson Palmer still the franchise QB in Oakland & Did Raiders front office management hire Mike Holmgren? Sweet Jesus, your QB backups are Matt Leinart & Terrelle Pryor... :facepalm:  No real threat there.

I will say that if Carson Palmer gets hurt the Black Hole's season is over right now. But, Mike Holmgren is a solid hire. Smart guy who never overpays an athlete. If anyone can turn a sad franchise around, Mike can IMO.

I gotta give it up to Bill Belichick & NE. The Grey Hoodie does it again...I am amazed really...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/03/for_leon_washin.html

Leon Washington, Stevan Ridley, & Brandon Bolden...That ground game is very impressive. Wow! 

I wouldn't call it impressive although I don't know who Bolden is.

Leon always burned us with the Jets so...

Now if we got Arian Foster that would be impressive:)

I wouldn't call it impressive although I don't know who Bolden is.

Leon always burned us with the Jets so...

Now if we got Arian Foster that would be impressive:)

Arian Foster has not been the most reliable back IMO. He seems slide downward every single season I watch him. The Texans can keep him. Is Foster talented? Yes, but the tread on those tires isn't what it once was. 

NE needs a work horse back. Leon is it. Besides, he only signed a 1 year contract so even if the wheels fall off who cares? Leon is motivated & that means a lot. Belichick will cut your caboose after week 8 if you suck. That's what I respect about Bill. He doesn't get emotionally attached to most players. Produce or be gone. Bill doesn't bleep around. Buy into the "Patriot Way" or I will release you. 

The other thing in Leon's favor: NE has a good line that can create decent running lanes. In defense of Foster, I like this kid a lot who works his tail off. I just want him to be more decisive in his cuts & punch through the hole without hesitation & always run north & south not side to side.

To be fair, DC Wade Phillips defense started out great, encountered a brief setback, & then started to play stout D again. My point is Wade needs a solid defense for 16 weeks that can create turnovers. Brian Cushing getting hurt really changed the configuration of the Texans defense IMO Now, get Ed Reed in your secondary & that problem is solved almost overnight IMO. 

Also Houston won back to back AFC South Division titles & they are a force to be reckoned with. 

woodhead could fill the role of darren sproles 

Nice comparison there SDS! Except I think Woodhead is smarter, tougher, & can literally lay the wood when necessary. Sproles has speed, but not that tough to me actually. I wonder how harshly NFL referees are going to penalize RBs for lowering their helmet & striking a defender now? 

The weird thing is some many NFL analysts think that Kansas City will compete with Denver for the AFC West. The Chiefs with Alex Smith don't scare me at all, but San Diego with Phillip Rivers & Danny Woodhead does though. Keep an eye on the Chargers. Unless Andy Reid kicks caboose on defense, the Chiefs will flounder just like they always do year in year out.

Every year the analysts seem to come up with a new reason why the Chiefs will win the AFC west. And they never do, and that was before Peyton entered the division.

I could not agree with you more.

Pats are loaded at RB especially with Leon coming aboard. No reason to overpay for Woodhead but I had to admit I loved the guy. Always made things happen when he was on the field and could do it all. I like Leon a lot. He always hurt us when he was with the Jets.