Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 03/15

sb41champs

SB:  I would actually open it and play it just to say I did and learn some new trivia.  If you really enjoyed the experience, I would keep playing for awhile....when you are tired of it....restore it and have it as a keepsake.  You get the best of both worlds :)

Almost bought one of those years ago.   Personally I go along with my good friend Brent.  Open it and enjoy it,  just take care to limit the alchohol intake so it doesn't get ruined if you want to put it up and safe it later on.

No coffee or Ragu either :)

Play it, it's a designed collectible so everyone will collect it.  It's never going to have much monetary value, so if playing it will increase it's sentimental value for you do it.  I had to make the same choice a few years ago with my Transformers Monopoly set.  Played it with my nieces and nephew, had a blast and now it means more to me than it would shrink wrapped.

Here's a new "twist" on the Q of D for you :

Today I purchased the limited edition Colts "Super Bowl XLI" Monopoly game still in the original shrink wrap.

Should I play the game - or - leave it in its original condition as a collectible ??

I bought one of those after the SB. How many players on that board are still with the team? AV, Reggie, Bethea, Mathis.... Anyone else?

As far as value, if it doubles in price in 10 years, is that worth not actually enjoying it?