Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

great shape to trade down

Lets talk about our biggest area of needs

WR OG and OLB (DL if RJF doesn't sign)

WR: The WR class doesn't blow me away this year. You can find a good quality guy in 3-5 round.

OG: Chances are Warmack and Cooper are going to be gone by 24 so trading down to get Warford and getting more picks would be brilliant

DL/OLB: There's so much depth here especially on the DL that it would be criminal to go DL 1st pick. That is unless RJF doesn't sign. I love Collins at OLB though. He's gonna be a MONSTER!

What I would do:

Trade 1 to Bills for 23

2 Take either Collins OLB Warford OG

etc...

I'd love to move down and rack up a few extra picks. Unless there is a clearly superior talent available we may just get more bang for our buck that way.

I'm sure lots of teams at the top of the draft would like to trade back into the first to fill a need, so maybe we can even pull a patriots and grab a first rounder in next years draft haha

A great idea would be sign nnamdi asomugha, and then trade to the dolphins ( who need new corners and 2 2nd rounder) our 1st and vaughn and gordy/ butler for 2 2nds and maybe a pick later on( maybe even in next years draft) and with those picks take warford and someone like sylvester williams to go opposite redding

The best idea would be if the 49'ers fall in love with a player that falls to us. They have not only their own #2 pick but the Chief's as well. Since their #2 is next to last in the second round they might be willing to give us both of their #2's for our #1. If not trading our #1 to them or the Bills for their higher #2 and next years #1 would work out fine as well..

The only problem I have with trading down is that there is only 53 spots on the team.  The 49ers may have 14 selections, but getting all of them to stick on a stacked roster doesn't seem likely.

Granted, we're short of picks, so trading down for a 2nd and 3rd would be nice, but I wouldn't be at all displeased if they drafted a DE, G, or WR in the first based on who is there.