Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos possibly going after Freeney.

A league source tells the Denver Post the Broncos will pursue free agent Dwight Freeney if they can't get RE Elvis Dumervil to take a pay-cut.

Per beat writer Mike Klis, the Broncos believe they'd be better off paying Freeney $5 million instead of Dumervil's currently scheduled $12 million. Dumervil is the more productive player at this stage of their careers, but is grossly overpaid. A return to a 4-3 defense could also help Freeney rebound from a rough 2012. This won't be the last we hear of Freeney potentially reuniting with Peyton Manning.

So this means if Dumervil won't take a pay cut, then they will probably bring in Freeney.

Good for Dwight...probably a Super Bowl next year for Denver.

idk about that. peyton isnt getting any younger. hes gonna be 37 and hes arm isnt gonna get any stronger. course 37 was how old john elway was when he won his first super bowl so who knows.

So this means if Dumervil won't take a pay cut, then they will probably bring in Freeney.

Denver has a good shot at making the AFC Championship Game this year. Why not take a pay cut Dumervil?  :facepalm: Unless you land in San Francisco or Seattle, take less money & be on a Playoff team. I'd have no objection to reuniting with Dwight Freeney in Colorado with Manning again. Freeney can still bring the heat right on cue when necessary. 

Freeney will play like he always does when he gets back into a 4-3. I still think he could have done well going into his second year in the 3-4. Hope he lands in Denver.

And we can bring in Dumervil, but not at that cost...

Not a bad deal. He was great in the 3-4.

idk about that. peyton isnt getting any younger. hes gonna be 37 and hes arm isnt gonna get any stronger. course 37 was how old john elway was when he won his first super bowl so who knows.

Peyton had one of his best seasons last year.  Denver was probably the best overall team in the NFL last season, they where top 5 in both offense and defense.  Sadly when they went against the Raven's their secondary failed them 1 too many times.  

Peyton had one of his best seasons last year.  Denver was probably the best overall team in the NFL last season, they where top 5 in both offense and defense.  Sadly when they went against the Raven's their secondary failed them 1 too many times.  

none of that matters in the playoffs its all about winning

can they make a run at a super bowl. sure, but the broncos window isnt gonna be open for long.

I think they can be competitive for the rest of Peyton's career.  Which granted isn't long, but I think he's got 3 or 4 more years.  

And if I'm not mistaken if he did win one with the Bronco's, he'd be the first QB to ever win a SB with 2 different teams while starting.  

I think a couple of other QB's have won SB's starting for one team and then won another one as a backup for another.  

Actually Peyton Manning's arm will probably be stronger next season because he was still re-habbing all year.

They were 2-3 last season after 5 games and they lost their center for the season with a knee injury...

they've got to get more speed on offense though and some run stoppers on defense

...But who knows...Not one week during the regular season did I think Baltimore would win the Super Bowl.

Not once...

Actually Peyton Manning's arm will probably be stronger next season because he was still re-habbing all year.

They were 2-3 last season after 5 games and they lost their center for the season with a knee injury...

they've got to get more speed on offense though and some run stoppers on defense

...But who knows...Not one week during the regular season did I think Baltimore would win the Super Bowl.

Not once...

you talking like peyton is 25. hes 37 and no matter of rehab is gonna make his arm stronger. there were plenty of evidence to show in the ravens game that peyton lost all zip in his ball. i also some ducks as well.

I think they can be competitive for the rest of Peyton's career.  Which granted isn't long, but I think he's got 3 or 4 more years.  

And if I'm not mistaken if he did win one with the Bronco's, he'd be the first QB to ever win a SB with 2 different teams while starting.  

I think a couple of other QB's have won SB's starting for one team and then won another one as a backup for another.  

this is the last year the broncos can win a super bowl imo. peyton is aging and his arm will continue to get weaker.

you talking like peyton is 25. hes 37 and no matter of rehab is gonna make his arm stronger. there were plenty of evidence to show in the ravens game that peyton lost all zip in his ball. i also some ducks as well.

That may have had more to do with his hand than his arm strength

Not once...

Demaryius Thomas has more speed than most teams have available. Peyton couldn't throw the ball deep very well last year, more speed wasn't going to help them much.

Don't you know Manning is a cyborg that never grows old and will play for as long as the technology that runs his motherboard doesn't grow obsolete. Then and only then will he finally stop playing football, somewhere in the far distant future.

Don't you know Manning is a cyborg that never grows old and will play for as long as the technology that runs his motherboard doesn't grow obsolete. Then and only then will he finally stop playing football, somewhere in the far distant future.

haha must have skipped my mind