Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles to release Nnamdi Asomugha today.

so who is better?? Vaccaro? Elam hits like a bull dozer.. That's what we need, a Thumper

Vaccaro is a better cover...I like the bulldozer myself.  I want my safety to knock your socks off.  I also like Cyprien from Fl International for his hitting.  At 24 we may not get any of them...

FA I still am hoping there are at least talks with William Moore's agent.

Vaccaro is a better cover...I like the bulldozer myself. I want my safety to knock your socks off. I also like Cyprien from Fl International for his hitting. At 24 we may not get any of them...

FA I still am hoping there are at least talks with William Moore's agent.

cool... Is that the guy from Atlanta

cool... Is that the guy from Atlanta

You have it!  Played at Mizzou....I feel he fits the Pags mentality.  Good hitter...a little mean streak but no real 'tude.'  Just hoping we keep our options open...safety to me needs a major upgrade over Zibby.

I love big hitters,makes the opposing team think

One of my likes just snuck back...I have been out all day it seems....:)

You said it in another thread...the Ronny Lott mentality...I mentioned the Assassin George Atkinson....I need someone who will put the fear of 'Tebow' in these receivers and TEs.   :spit:

Why should you not have that bias ROLLTIDE...74 possible draftees is what I read or heard.:) As I say 'Go with who ya know!' haha

lmbo with that being said Eric Reid from lsu i believe its better than vaccaro he plays the ball well he just doesn't have that tenacity that elam has our shamarko for that matter..... And RTR indeed

One of my likes just snuck back...I have been out all day it seems.... :)

You said it in another thread...the Ronny Lott mentality...I mentioned the Assassin George Atkinson....I need someone who will put the fear of 'Tebow' in these receivers and TEs.   :spit:

One of my likes just snuck back...I have been out all day it seems.... :)

Lol we did have that conversation and i tried still have no likes :funny:

lmbo with that being said Eric Reid from lsu i believe its better than vaccaro he plays the ball well he just doesn't have that tenacity that elam has our shamarko for that matter..... And RTR indeed

I believe Elam will be gone before we pick but love his game

Reid is 'rated' in order behind Vaccaro, Elam, and Cyprien.  All 3 could be gone before we pick anyway. (surprised how Cyprien's stock has gone so high)

There is not much drop-off if any to Reid.....and you cannot say he will not be a top notch safety!  I like his size compared to all of them...what 6' 3" and almost 220?  I know a good motor/tenacity comes from within.  I am not so sure being with the likes of a Robert Mathis, Antoine Bethea and of course coach Ray Anderson/Pagano/Manusky might help.......they have some feisty in them :)

I would not hesitate on Reid....and like I said...some go with what they know!! :thmup:

I think Elams the best in run support Reid has skills as well,i like Vaccaro in his overall game,not saying over Elam or the others mentioned,

I just can't get onboard signing a 32 yr. old CB that has been terrible for 2 yrs. in a row, despite the system he played in. I would rather sign someone younger that has potential.

Dont know who caused it but that team was falling apart inside ,plenty of talent but no team chemistry

I don't wanna spend majority of our money on this guy but if he is willing to sign for a good deal we wouldn't even have to draft a cb and can focus on something else with our first pick. Not willing to spend top money though, only good money.

I don't wanna spend majority of our money on this guy but if he is willing to sign for a good deal we wouldn't even have to draft a cb and can focus on something else with our first pick. Not willing to spend top money though, only good money.

I guess I'm assuming that Nmamdi will have something to prove after being cut, and will be willing to take a "bargain" offer to play for a team that allows him to return to system that showcased him as pretty amazing only 2 years ago. 

If I'm right with the above statement, I'd also guess that he will want a 1 year contract, allowing him to prove that the last 2 years were the system and not him, and earn that last big contract of his career next off season.

If the Colts and Nmamdi end up uniting, I would still be inclined to go after a top tier CB in the draft, because I'd assume Nmamdi will be a rental only.

Talk to Rod Woodson 1st before you make a move on signing Nmamdi. Rod stays in close contact with Nmamdi & I respect Rod Woodson's judgement in evaluating CB's since he was a HOF Safety & CB himself. Plus, I wanna get a sense of where Nmamdi's head is at emotionally. I agree with everyone who said a change of scenery in INDY would be great for Nmamdi. Take less money & regain your shutdown swagger in INDY. I'm down with that completely. 

Philadelphia was a train wreck as a team & I don't see Chip Kelley fixing the problem in short order. A person just doesn't forget their covering skills overnight. I'd take a flyer on Nmamdi, but I'm not paying him top dollar money either. He needs to rebuild his shutdown NFL mystique again & Pagano can do that. Just don't get crazy with thinking you are still a feared CB league wide you're not right now, but you could be again easily IMO.

Talk to Rod Woodson 1st before you make a move on signing Nmamdi. Rod stays in close contact with Nmamdi & I respect Rod Woodson's judgement in evaluating CB's since he was a HOF Safety & CB himself. Plus, I wanna get a sense of where Nmamdi's head is at emotionally. I agree with everyone who said a change of scenery in INDY would be great for Nmamdi. Take less money & regain your shutdown swagger in INDY. I'm down with that completely. 

Philadelphia was a train wreck as a team & I don't see Chip Kelley fixing the problem in short order. A person just doesn't forget their covering skills overnight. I'd take a flyer on Nmamdi, but I'm not paying him top dollar money either. He needs to rebuild his shutdown NFL mystique again & Pagano can do that. Just don't get crazy with thinking you are still a feared CB league wide you're not right now, but you could be again easily IMO.

If Andy Reid could not fix a train wreck, how can we really think Kelly will.....I may be wrong.  I bet KC improves this year!!!  

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

After I read this PFF article on CB tackling, I hope Grigson decides to pass on Nnamdi.  PFF rates him the 2nd worst starting CB in the league at tackling efficiency.  He missed 12 tackles out of 52 attempts last season.  That was not a one year aberration; it's a recurring issue with him.  Even if he can regain his elite cover skills, the Colts do not need a DB who is that poor at tackling  I  doubt at his age he can unlearn his bad habits and improve his tackling technique, no matter how much Pagano tries to coach him up.  Here's an excerpt from the PFF article:

Asomugha, for his part, was moved around far more than he ever was in Oakland, and he came to town with ideas of becoming Philadelphia’s Charles Woodson; a cover defender who could be aligned anywhere and make plays. The problem is that Asomugha has always been a pretty poor tackler, inexcusably so for a player of his physical tools. He was thrown at so infrequently in Oakland that it was something that never really stood out, and only showed up in our missed-tackle surveys as a curious statistic, but with his added exposure from playing the slot and being moved around in the Eagles defense, we can clearly see that it wasn’t just a series of anomalous results, it’s a legitimate problem.

Asomugha attempted 20 tackles against the run and missed four of them, but he was even worse in coverage where he attempted 32 and missed eight. His combined total means that Asomugha missed a tackle every 4.3 attempts over the season...

Unfortunately, DRC is almost as bad as Nnamdi at tackling:   4th worst in the league vs 2nd worst...Ouch.