Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyrann Mathieu says he could cover Megatron

tonychen

The guy will be a winner in NFL if he is drafted by a winning team with good coaching and veterans, such as Pats or Broncos. He has some attitude but which great conner doesn't? And when college stars like Te'o falter at big moments this guy just performs and exceeds people's expectation like the pressure doesn't affect him.

Watching the video with Leon Sandcastle who is 6'1" this so-called under-sized guy doesn't look smaller either.

I dont think it is a question of whether he can play. The question is if he is worth anything earlier than a 3rd round pick, given his issues and possible investment that an NFL team has to make.

I still see him as a nickel CB, and teams rarely invest a 1st or 2nd rounder on nickel CBs. I can see him being picked up at the bottom of the 2nd, by a team that has good CBs and just needs a nickel CB to go along with it.

A team like the 49ers that has defensive depth, or a team like the Falcons with good outside CBs in Dunta Robinson and Asante Samuel, can definitely take a chance on him late in the 2nd round, IMO. A team with outstanding pass rush from the front four like the Bears or Giants that play a lot of zone coverage can also take a flier on him in round 2, IMO. Round 2 and onwards have 4 yr. contracts only, so less of a risk for teams.

Pats or Broncos, if they invest in a CB, they are more likely to invest in an outside CB, with the Talib uncertainty and Champ Bailey getting up there in age with Tracy Porter not being the reliable #2 option in terms of health either. With his slight frame, no matter what he says, he will have a hard time jamming outside CBs and will be a liability if the WR jams him for run blocking. He is projected to be at best a nickel CB and a limited down CB.

I believe he will go late round 2 or in round 3, when it is all said and done.

I just cant understand some of these players.. behavioral issues?? Get your acts together. You've been given this great gift and they squander it away by having bad attitudes? Ridiculous.

Being paid multi million bucks a yr at about 21 yrs old it is understandable to have some "issues"

Its ok to have confidence, but after reading that article, I would ask him..what are you smokin'? Megatron is 8 inches taller with a 43 inch vertical...If the ball is thrown high, he has no prayer..Right now, I don't know of anyone that can be or has been effective going against Megatron. He is a freak of nature, and destined to be one of the greatest of all time. Honey Badger might end up becoming a great CB, but to say what he said he can do against Megatron is ridiculous.

Its ok to have confidence, but after reading that article, I would ask him..what are you smokin'? Megatron is 8 inches taller with a 43 inch vertical...If the ball is thrown high, he has no prayer..Right now, I don't know of anyone that can be or has been effective going against Megatron. He is a freak of nature, and destined to be one of the greatest of all time. Honey Badger might end up becoming a great CB, but to say what he said he can do against Megatron is ridiculous.

And.....61 pounds heavier.........and a whole lot dumber!!! (Or is that more dumb?) :)  

I saw the interview and it really wasn't anything different than what 99% of corners would say

Watching the video with Leon Sandcastle who is 6'1" this so-called under-sized guy doesn't look smaller either.

Sanders has a pretty relaxed posture and is leaning on that railing for much of that interview.  At about 0:20 he straightens up for a bit and you can see that he's got a good bit of height on Matthieu, who is clearly on the small side for a DB but isn't tiny to the point where he won't be capable of becoming a decent player.

Normal people issues? I dont think smoking pot, acting like a donkey, and spouting off is normal. Its pathetic.

Acting like a donkey? I think the majority of America does that. A lot of people his age smoke pot too. I'm not saying that it's right but they still deal with cravings and make bad mistakes just like you and I do. I may not agree with the stuff he's done before but I don't expect him to be perfect either.

Sanders has a pretty relaxed posture and is leaning on that railing for much of that interview.  At about 0:20 he straightens up for a bit and you can see that he's got a good bit of height on Matthieu, who is clearly on the small side for a DB but isn't tiny to the point where he won't be capable of becoming a decent player.

Maybe I was also deceived by his upperbody muscles. I saw video of his combine drills, unlike most kids at the combine he did not look bothered by pressure at all and was running extremely fluent.

Acting like a donkey? I think the majority of America does that. A lot of people his age smoke pot too. I'm not saying that it's right but they still deal with cravings and make bad mistakes just like you and I do. I may not agree with the stuff he's done before but I don't expect him to be perfect either.

Pardon me?? I live on a farm and i'll tell you this, we dont have pot cravings. Dont stoop me to his level of bad mistakes. I've made them, who hasnt.. but i've never mad BAD mistakes. Its this neat thing called common sense, knowing right from wrong, and choosing to live the right way.

In the words of Major Payne 'If you want sympathy look in the dictionary between 's.h.i.z. and syphilis'

lmao

Pardon me?? I live on a farm and i'll tell you this, we dont have pot cravings. Dont stoop me to his level of bad mistakes. I've made them, who hasnt.. but i've never mad BAD mistakes. Its this neat thing called common sense, knowing right from wrong, and choosing to live the right way.

In the words of Major Payne 'If you want sympathy look in the dictionary between 's.h.i.z. and syphilis'

lmao

I didn't stoop you to his level, nor did I mention anything about "pot cravings". And you're telling me that you've never made a bad mistake.....right. Unless your initials are J.C. and you walk on water I have a hard time believing that, but okay, whatever you say. Even people who have common sense make mistakes, and one could argue that smoking pot isn't necessarily living the "wrong way" anymore than smoking a cigarette or drinking alcohol is. If I were you I wouldn't be casting stones.

I didn't stoop you to his level, nor did I mention anything about "pot cravings". And you're telling me that you've never made a bad mistake.....right. Unless your initials are J.C. and you walk on water I have a hard time believing that, but okay, whatever you say. Even people who have common sense make mistakes, and one could argue that smoking pot isn't necessarily living the "wrong way" anymore than smoking a cigarette or drinking alcohol is. If I were you I wouldn't be casting stones.

I can cast a boulder if i'd like and no I have not made a Bad mistake. See there's the problem. You think everyone has either made the same mistakes or bad mistakes. I hate to break the news, but there are alot of people who arent JC that dont make Bad mistakes.

I'll say another thing, if I or any good person was given the talent some of these *s were given, I sure as heck would be wasting it. But hey, according to you, we've all made BAD mistakes like these guys huh.

I just get sick of hearing about crap these guys do when you've got other players not doing the crap, still getting paid, but giving back and not running their mouths.

There are two sides to the ball and they chose to take the bad path. Thats on them and as professional athletes in the public eye, they will be judged and judged accordingly. They have youth and young adults looking at them. It's time for them to be held accountable for their actions.

If I can choose to walk away and not do it, so can they.

I can cast a boulder if i'd like and no I have not made a Bad mistake. See there's the problem. You think everyone has either made the same mistakes or bad mistakes. I hate to break the news, but there are alot of people who arent JC that dont make Bad mistakes.

I'll say another thing, if I or any good person was given the talent some of these *s were given, I sure as heck would be wasting it. But hey, according to you, we've all made BAD mistakes like these guys huh.

I just get sick of hearing about crap these guys do when you've got other players not doing the crap, still getting paid, but giving back and not running their mouths.

There are two sides to the ball and they chose to take the bad path. Thats on them and as professional athletes in the public eye, they will be judged and judged accordingly. They have youth and young adults looking at them. It's time for them to be held accountable for their actions.

If I can choose to walk away and not do it, so can they.

Cast a boulder if you want but don't be angry if someone crushes you with an even bigger one. And I'm still not buying it. A bad mistake doesn't have to be drinking or smoking pot there are thousands upon thousands of other things people can do. In any case athletes are normal and make mistakes...both regular and bad just like, again, you and I do. An athlete can pull his pants down and sit on a trainer's head and he will be judged, but again, mistakes are expected from youths and even older people, no matter how much money you make or how much you are in the public eye. You're not seeing what I'm saying and it's a shame but oh well. We might as well end this here because it's pointless trying to explain anything to you.

Cast a boulder if you want but don't be angry if someone crushes you with an even bigger one. And I'm still not buying it. A bad mistake doesn't have to be drinking or smoking pot there are thousands upon thousands of other things people can do. In any case athletes are normal and make mistakes...both regular and bad just like, again, you and I do. An athlete can pull his pants down and sit on a trainer's head and he will be judged, but again, mistakes are expected from youths and even older people, no matter how much money you make or how much you are in the public eye. You're not seeing what I'm saying and it's a shame but oh well. We might as well end this here because it's pointless trying to explain anything to you.

You havent explained anything. Who said anthing about minor mistakes? Your playing devils advocate/politician. I specifically stated BAD mistakes in bold many times. Whats the difference? Usually jail time, police involvement, fines, drugs.

Here it comes.. the 1 ton boulder.. look out below!!!

You havent explained anything. Who said anthing about minor mistakes? Your playing devils advocate/politician. I specifically stated BAD mistakes in bold many times. Whats the difference? Usually jail time, police involvement, fines, drugs.

Here it comes.. the 1 ton boulder.. look out below!!!

I have explained but you don't get it. I'm not playing devil's advocate either. Have fun with those boulders...I'm sure there's a lot of bad mistakes hidden behind them.

Right. People act like just because someone is a great athlete that they won't deal with normal people issues as well.

The guy has been in trouble multiple times. It wasn't a one time "oops" he is either too stupid to too change his ways or he thinks he is above the rules put in place. I hope the Texans draft him

The guy has been in trouble multiple times. It wasn't a one time "oops" he is either too stupid to too change his ways or he thinks he is above the rules put in place. I hope the Texans draft him

I wouldn't mind seeing him shut down Wayne twice a year, but then again, he might be gone by the time or if we look at corners at all in the Draft. We're going offense first, then LBs, then probably safeties. Who knows though.

I wouldn't mind seeing him shut down Wayne twice a year, but then again, he might be gone by the time or if we look at corners at all in the Draft. We're going offense first, then LBs, then probably safeties. Who knows though.

Yeah a shrimp cb is going to shut down Reggie.. I doubt that

I have explained but you don't get it. I'm not playing devil's advocate either. Have fun with those boulders...I'm sure there's a lot of bad mistakes hidden behind them.

You wish. And no.. not a silver spoon to be found in my childhood or adulthood. His either, but I never used my crappy childhood as an excuse or get out free card for personal responsibility. 

Look out! I dont know if this boulder will fit through the jail cell though.. maybe I should break it up into chunks instead. SMH 

BTW.. thats called sarcasm.

You wish. And no.. not a silver spoon to be found in my childhood or adulthood. His either, but I never used my crappy childhood as an excuse or get out free card for personal responsibility.

Look out! I dont know if this boulder will fit through the jail cell though.. maybe I should break it up into chunks instead. SMH

BTW.. thats called sarcasm.

I speak sarcasm quite fluently actually. I wish I could speak Perfect though. It's one of those languages that no one can, you see. :P

Clearly you have never smoked pot . There are no "cravings" . Cigarettes have cravings .. Besides I don't think it out buissness if an athlete wants tO blow some smoke .

Clearly you have never smoked pot . There are no "cravings" . Cigarettes have cravings .. Besides I don't think it out buissness if an athlete wants tO blow some smoke .

Lol my mention of cravings had nothing to do with the pot itself. I was speaking of other things that they might crave and what might get them into trouble. But you are right...I have never smoked pot and never will. Not my thing.

Dude, you couldn't even get the weight off the uprights.

Whatever you say Vance.  I will go back and take my deer antler spray and see ya in the weight room. haha ..I am about 60 pounds heavier than the Honey "bee' and it appears a whole lot stronger.....but he is about 5,000 times faster.   :funny:

Whatever you say Vance.  I will go back and take my deer antler spray and see ya in the weight room. haha ..I am about 60 pounds heavier than the Honey "bee' and it appears a whole lot stronger.....but he is about 5,000 times faster.   :funny:

How much of that 60 pounds is muscle?  ;)

How much of that 60 pounds is muscle?   ;)

197%....I never was good at math :)  Most of it is what I used to block out with in basketball to be honest......butt...who knows?   :)

I guess I was a little harsh on the Honey Badger...poor lil fella :)