Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nnamdi Asomugha wants to stay in Philly?

ColtsBlueFL

It's reported that today Nnamdi will be asked to restructure his contract or face getting cut.  According to this, he wants to stay in Philly and may indeed considering sacrifices to do so.  Ahhhh.... I thought he had a horrible year and am dumbfounded at his reply here-

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/nnamdi-asomugha-might-be-open-to-restructuring-his-contract/

The rubber meets the road today.

It's reported that today Nnamdi will be asked to restructure his contract or face getting cut.  According to this, he wants to stay in Philly and may indeed considering sacrifices to do so.  Ahhhh.... I thought he had a horrible year and am dumbfounded at his reply here-

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/nnamdi-asomugha-might-be-open-to-restructuring-his-contract/

Confirmed:

He is on his way to Indianapolis to meet with Eagle officials according to Mike and Mike 10 minutes ago.  He will be asked to restructure or be released.  I did not look, but did I hear 15 million he was/is scheduled to make?  

If it is in the link....I for some reason could not open it...my computer is acting up a little today :)

He has some underlying reason for wanting to stay in Philly. I wonder what it is?

He would be so much better if he was out of that zone defense.

I think either way one of those 2 stud CBs will be out if Philly. Him or DRC.

I'd love to have either in Indy.

I guess Asmugha is rated 2nd or 3rd best depending on who you ask.....I think 3rd.

DRC is 3rd or 4th.....both are hard to spell.....is there a Smith or Jones available? :funny:

I would rather have DRC.....but just a personal preference:  6' 2" 182 vs. 6'2" 210.......WOW!  Love the size and skill of both...got a coin? :2c:

I wouldn't touch Nnamdi. He hasn't been good at all in Philly and the fans are practically begging the team to cut him. I don't buy the man vs. zone coverage nonsense either. If your a good man corner, you should be a great zone corner. Nnamdi just isn't the same player he was a few yrs. ago.

I wouldn't touch Nnamdi. He hasn't been good at all in Philly and the fans are practically begging the team to cut him. I don't buy the man vs. zone coverage nonsense either. If your a good man corner, you should be a great zone corner. Nnamdi just isn't the same player he was a few yrs. ago.

Yeah, I'm sliding over toward your viewpoint.  And I'm really concerned he wants to stay in a system he didn't play or fit well, even taking a potential pay cut to do so.  Hmmmm.....

I guess Asmugha is rated 2nd or 3rd best depending on who you ask.....I think 3rd.

DRC is 3rd or 4th.....both are hard to spell.....is there a Smith or Jones available? :funny:

I would rather have DRC.....but just a personal preference: 6' 2" 182 vs. 6'2" 210.......WOW! Love the size and skill of both...got a coin? :2c:

I'd def prefer DRC based on age. He's only 26.

Wow. $15 mil. That is amazing. He just has not been the same since he has come East. But don't forget that the eagles have been an exercise in futility since he came espcially on the defensive side. I mean they had an O guy running it in his first year. Maybe now with Kelly at the helm he will have more success. The philly fans will be all over him though if he underperforms again.

age wise id pick drc but it isn't exactly right to criticize nmandi he's played man to man his whole life then they put him on a zone schemed defense he was never labled as a full shutdown corner he just excelled in man coverage he's not like revis who can shut down man to man and play zone.