Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs cut Steve Breaston.

let me ask you this why do you want him

He'd be a solid replacement for Avery and wouldn't come at a huge price. No other reason. He seems like the type of receiver Grigson likes. It's a lot more plausible than what other people have been posting.

No he isn't, he's 6'0 and a half, 190 lbs and runs a 4.4, TY is 5'9 180 and runs a 4.3. Clone of TY, that's ridiculous.

Clone of TY?  This guy is not in the same ballpark of TY in terms of speed, which is one of his biggest assets.  Clone not found.

Eh, beat me to it.  :)

his measurables and speed isn't what I'm implying

Things that TY does : returns punts/kick offs, slot receiver

Things that breaston does : kicks/punts, slot reciever

Difference their size and speed

Why do we need 2 guys that have the same roles

his measurables and speed isn't what I'm implying

Things that TY does : returns punts/kick offs, slot receiver

Things that breaston does : kicks/punts, slot reciever

Difference their size and speed

Why do we need 2 guys that have the same roles

It may not be what you were implying, but when someone says CLONE, that's what they generally imply.  Someone who is pretty much the exact same player as someone else.  What you're saying is that because Breaston and TY are receivers and return men, they're clones.  That's laughable.

There are many teams that have several guys capable of playing the slot and returning kicks and punts.  Having two wouldn't be a bad thing, IMO, as health is never guaranteed.

Breaston, on the other hand, just isn't worth it.  I'd rather see us hold that spot for a guy we can develop.  Whether it be TY or Lavon, or a draft pick this year, makes no difference.  We're going to have Luck for a long time.  I'd like to see us grab a receiver that we can keep for nearly as long.  And that is not to say that who they take will be that guy, but he could be.  Breaston would be a stop gap solution, and someone we wouldn't need for long.  His talents are marginal compared to some of the other options out there.  Jennings, Bowe, or Wallace have far higher grades than Breaston.

EDIT:  One last thing I don't believe is that TY will be relegated to the slot.  TY is our deep man/field stretcher.  He was often our 3rd receiver, but he'd line up just about anywhere.  I assume they're keeping him fresh as the third man, and then using his speed to stretch the field.  In any case, he isn't exactly our slot receiver.  I think Reggie hit the slot more than TY on our 3 WR sets.

It may not be what you were implying, but when someone says CLONE, that's what they generally imply. Someone who is pretty much the exact same player as someone else. What you're saying is that because Breaston and TY are receivers and return men, they're clones. That's laughable.

There are many teams that have several guys capable of playing the slot and returning kicks and punts. Having two wouldn't be a bad thing, IMO, as health is never guaranteed.

Breaston, on the other hand, just isn't worth it. I'd rather see us hold that spot for a guy we can develop. Whether it be TY or Lavon, or a draft pick this year, makes no difference. We're going to have Luck for a long time. I'd like to see us grab a receiver that we can keep for nearly as long. And that is not to say that who they take will be that guy, but he could be. Breaston would be a stop gap solution, and someone we wouldn't need for long. His talents are marginal compared to some of the other options out there. Jennings, Bowe, or Wallace have far higher grades than Breaston.

EDIT: One last thing I don't believe is that TY will be relegated to the slot. TY is our deep man/field stretcher. He was often our 3rd receiver, but he'd line up just about anywhere. I assume they're keeping him fresh as the third man, and then using his speed to stretch the field. In any case, he isn't exactly our slot receiver. I think Reggie hit the slot more than TY on our 3 WR sets.

Jennings, Wallace, and Bowe also have much higher price tags.

It may not be what you were implying, but when someone says CLONE, that's what they generally imply.  Someone who is pretty much the exact same player as someone else.  What you're saying is that because Breaston and TY are receivers and return men, they're clones.  That's laughable.

There are many teams that have several guys capable of playing the slot and returning kicks and punts.  Having two wouldn't be a bad thing, IMO, as health is never guaranteed.

Breaston, on the other hand, just isn't worth it.  I'd rather see us hold that spot for a guy we can develop.  Whether it be TY or Lavon, or a draft pick this year, makes no difference.  We're going to have Luck for a long time.  I'd like to see us grab a receiver that we can keep for nearly as long.  And that is not to say that who they take will be that guy, but he could be.  Breaston would be a stop gap solution, and someone we wouldn't need for long.  His talents are marginal compared to some of the other options out there.  Jennings, Bowe, or Wallace have far higher grades than Breaston.

EDIT:  One last thing I don't believe is that TY will be relegated to the slot.  TY is our deep man/field stretcher.  He was often our 3rd receiver, but he'd line up just about anywhere.  I assume they're keeping him fresh as the third man, and then using his speed to stretch the field.  In any case, he isn't exactly our slot receiver.  I think Reggie hit the slot more than TY on our 3 WR sets.

you must e some kind of mind reader

Jennings, Wallace, and Bowe also have much higher price tags.

Solid point.  I do think, in time, Hilton will most likely have a much higher price tag than he currently does.  That is, if he gets better.  He's already pretty darned good, so I can only hope that he will improve with time.