Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2013 FA Signings

My free agency acquisitions predictions are...

OLB Anthony Spencer (Yes Kruger has more ties to Pagano, but Spencer has more ties to Grigson and the state of Indiana. Plus Spencer is a better all around player and does the dirty work for a defense. Remember, we werent good at rushing the passer or stopping the run. Spencer helps with both)

CB Mike Jenkins (We were interested in him before the season, so I see us still being intersted in signing him for a cheaper contract. He could compete for the other starting spot opposite Davis)

CB Antoine Cason (Has ties to Jimmy Raye, and he is a bigger corner at 6-1 which we need. Cason and Jenkins will compete for the starting job, the other will compete with Butler for nickel.)

SS William Moore (Gives us a thumper at strong safety which is needed. I could also see us trying to bring in Ed Reed, but for the short time he could help us, Im not sure its quite worth it unless he is willing to play for 3 mil a year. We need to bring in guys that can help us out for our Superbowl runs in a few years.)

OG Louis Vasquez (OG is a bigger need than OT, and Jimmy Raye has ties to Vasquez as does one of our OL coaches. I dont think Levitre will be available, and Vasquez fits our OL very well so it makes sense.)

We fix both our secondary and pass rush with this free agency. Plus we get a very good starter on the OL. I would love these signings because we could then focus on DL and adding one more starter on the OL in the draft.

This is the list I like, no the OP's. Props on that list brah!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy levitre OG: he's a great guard, he should be next to anthony caztonzo! He could be a great free agent.

Sebastián vollmer OT: this position we need so much! He's going to be next to ben ijalana! (Remember that ben ijalana is going to be ready by next season and he's a great OL).

Anthony spencer OLB: dwight freeney Being a free agent! We should need a OLB and he's the answer by te defense.

Brent grimes CB: he's the cornerback that we need!! Now we have to vontae davis! But we need to somebody more! And vontae davis together brent grimes!?? That is a great defense. Whitout dude I could choose him!

A great S: for now we need a great safety that could play with antoine bethea.

Thats the best free agency by the colts. What do you think!?

I hope you're right cause I dont think Andy Levitre will escape Buffalo with the amount they have to spend.

Yeah, I like Vasquez and Levitre but you are right that Vasquez is the more likely not to resign with his current team.  I also like Kevin Boothe from the Giants.  He has played guard and center and is a great run blocker.  Anybody know what the cap situation is for the Pats and Vikes this year?  They both have starting RTs in free agengy and I'd like to see either Loadholt or Vollmer in Colt blue this year.

Yeah, I like Vasquez and Levitre but you are right that Vasquez is the more likely not to resign with his current team.  I also like Kevin Boothe from the Giants.  He has played guard and center and is a great run blocker.  Anybody know what the cap situation is for the Pats and Vikes this year?  They both have starting RTs in free agengy and I'd like to see either Loadholt or Vollmer in Colt blue this year.

Word is that Adrian Peterson made it clear he wants Loadholt resigned, if Im the Vikings GM then if thats what Peterson says then thats what Peterson gets

Andy levitre OG: he's a great guard, he should be next to anthony caztonzo! He could be a great free agent.

Sebastián vollmer OT: this position we need so much! He's going to be next to ben ijalana! (Remember that ben ijalana is going to be ready by next season and he's a great OL).

Anthony spencer OLB: dwight freeney Being a free agent! We should need a OLB and he's the answer by te defense.

Brent grimes CB: he's the cornerback that we need!! Now we have to vontae davis! But we need to somebody more! And vontae davis together brent grimes!?? That is a great defense. Whitout dude I could choose him!

A great S: for now we need a great safety that could play with antoine bethea.

Thats the best free agency by the colts. What do you think!?

Ok except for Levitre. Levitre is a zone blocking lineman and IMO would not be nearly as good in our man scheme. He's undersized for a man scheme which is why Vasquez would be much better.

OLB Anthony Spencer (Yes Kruger has more ties to Pagano, but Spencer has more ties to Grigson and the state of Indiana. Plus Spencer is a better all around player and does the dirty work for a defense. Remember, we werent good at rushing the passer or stopping the run. Spencer helps with both)

CB Mike Jenkins (We were interested in him before the season, so I see us still being intersted in signing him for a cheaper contract. He could compete for the other starting spot opposite Davis)

CB Antoine Cason (Has ties to Jimmy Raye, and he is a bigger corner at 6-1 which we need. Cason and Jenkins will compete for the starting job, the other will compete with Butler for nickel.)

SS William Moore (Gives us a thumper at strong safety which is needed. I could also see us trying to bring in Ed Reed, but for the short time he could help us, Im not sure its quite worth it unless he is willing to play for 3 mil a year. We need to bring in guys that can help us out for our Superbowl runs in a few years.)

OG Louis Vasquez (OG is a bigger need than OT, and Jimmy Raye has ties to Vasquez as does one of our OL coaches. I dont think Levitre will be available, and Vasquez fits our OL very well so it makes sense.)

We fix both our secondary and pass rush with this free agency. Plus we get a very good starter on the OL. I would love these signings because we could then focus on DL and adding one more starter on the OL in the draft.

I don't see signing 2 CB's in free agency. Drop one of the CB'c and add another O-lineman and it would be much better.

depends, there is not many O Linemen in FA that I would say clear cut fit our scheme outside of Vasquez, I'd love to get Travis Frederick in the 3rd round 

I would take, Bushrod, Loadholt, Rhinehart, Boothe, Schwartz, Smith, Vollmer, or Moore over a DE, like I said if I had to choose between the 2. Not saying we could automatically get those guys, but surely we could get one of them besides Vasquez if we tried hard enough. 

I'm also fine with drafting Frederick too. I want as much O-line competition as we can get.

I would take, Bushrod, Loadholt, Rhinehart, Boothe, Schwartz, Smith, Vollmer, or Moore over a DE, like I said if I had to choose between the 2. Not saying we could automatically get those guys, but surely we could get one of them besides Vasquez if we tried hard enough. 

I'm also fine with drafting Frederick too. I want as much O-line competition as we can get.

Rinehart would be alright, I dont think there is anyway on the planet the Vikings let go of Loadholt after Adrian Peterson went public with wanting Loadholt resigned it would be stupid if they did, they cant tick off what produces the majority of there offense

Rinehart would be alright, I dont think there is anyway on the planet the Vikings let go of Loadholt after Adrian Peterson went public with wanting Loadholt resigned it would be stupid if they did, they cant tick off what produces the majority of there offense

I don't think Loadholt is going anywhere either, but just because AP wants him don't mean they'll be able to swing it. I can't remember what the Vikings cap situation is or who all they have as FA's.

depends, there is not many O Linemen in FA that I would say clear cut fit our scheme outside of Vasquez, I'd love to get Travis Frederick in the 3rd round

You're too concerned with what an OL's current scheme is. Levitre is in a zone blocking scheme right now, sure, but he was a 2nd rd guard coming from a man blocking college scheme. Obviously some guys are much better at one than the other but for the most part talent is talent.

I don't see signing 2 CB's in free agency. Drop one of the CB'c and add another O-lineman and it would be much better.

Why not get 2 CBs? The free agent class for CBs is pretty decent this year, and the draft is not that great at CB. The draft is however, good at OL and DL, DE/OLBs.

My opinion is, get 2 talented CBs who can compete for the starting job, and then we still have 2 good corners playing nickel and dime.

Why not get 2 CBs? The free agent class for CBs is pretty decent this year, and the draft is not that great at CB. The draft is however, good at OL and DL, DE/OLBs.

My opinion is, get 2 talented CBs who can compete for the starting job, and then we still have 2 good corners playing nickel and dime.

Just don't see it happening and I would disagree that the draft isn't CB talented. We need veterans on O-line. It takes time for rookie O-lineman to develop.

You're too concerned with what an OL's current scheme is. Levitre is in a zone blocking scheme right now, sure, but he was a 2nd rd guard coming from a man blocking college scheme. Obviously some guys are much better at one than the other but for the most part talent is talent.

Talent is talent yes of course but drive blocking takes very strong O Linemen that can manhandle there man across from them right off the LOS, Im not sure Levitre has the strength to that one on one against bigger DT's

Talent is talent yes of course but drive blocking takes very strong O Linemen that can manhandle there man across from them right off the LOS, Im not sure Levitre has the strength to that one on one against bigger DT's

I agree and I think people keep bringing him up simply because he's been mentioned as 1 of the top O-lineman FA's. Scheme MUST be taken into account when considering a FA signing regardless of how high a player is rated. IMO levitre simply isn't strong enough to handle playing in a man scheme snap after snap for an entire game. He maybe able to handle it for a qtr. or 2, but will wear down quickly. Some guys are just zone blockers and others are better in man protection.

I agree and I think people keep bringing him up simply because he's been mentioned as 1 of the top O-lineman FA's. Scheme MUST be taken into account when considering a FA signing regardless of how high a player is rated. IMO levitre simply isn't strong enough to handle playing in a man scheme snap after snap for an entire game. He maybe able to handle it for a qtr. or 2, but will wear down quickly. Some guys are just zone blockers and others are better in man protection.

I like both yours and Gavin's statements here

......I took a trip down to the farm today.....looks like we have some newbies making personal shot comments....not good...glad it was deleted though....this is too much fun for mean shots IMO....there are NO WRONG answers in a mock or possible FA signings...opinion and speculation....so fun.

I like both yours and Gavin's statements here

......I took a trip down to the farm today.....looks like we have some newbies making personal shot comments....not good...glad it was deleted though....this is too much fun for mean shots IMO....there are NO WRONG answers in a mock or possible FA signings...opinion and speculation....so fun.

Are you talking about somebody taking personal shots at you? 

Again, what have you seen to say this? He was in a man blocking scheme in college and was the first guard taken in the draft. Do you really think they looked at him and said he's not very good in his current system but would excel in zone blocking?

Agai, what have you seen to say this? He was in a man blocking scheme in college and was the first guard taken in the draft. Do you really think they looked at him and said he's not very good in his current system but would excel in zone blocking?

What do you have saying he was in a Man Blocking scheme at Oregon State

I have one more comment on zone vs. man blocking.  Weight room:  Strength Coordinators.  

More time in the weight room vs gym in terms of a zone vs. man concept.(vise versa :))...Zone requires more agility.  They do work towards that.  Anyone who thinks strength does not apply to zone is delusional.

ALL OL who are in this league......should be able to play both.  We will draft for our concept, but........offensive line is a power position...simple as that!!!!   :pass:  :pass:  :pass:  :pass:

How do yo know a Lewis is going to take less money than Sean smith or Cary Williams. These players are young and are looking to get paid, not just the cornerbacks but everybody in FA. They are going to go where the money is at so they are going to go to the highest bidder so to speak. They are not going to go to the colts just on a discount because we have a bright future, they want to get paid. And we don't have the hometown discount. The second contract is suppose to be the biggest contract if your career. Nobody expected Garçon and others to get what they got. And whoever gets the first contract out the CBs is going to set the bar for the rest of them. So You get what you pay for so to speak, or you will miss out on some good players trying to under pay them, these young players and there agent are just going to find better money elsewhere

With that being said, how would the draft play out for you? Cheers.

1. Hankins (DT) or Cooper, Fluker, Thomas (G)

3. Menelik Watson (OT) or Chase Thomas or Jelani Jenkins or jonathan Bostic (LB)

4. Geathers (NT) or DJ Swearinger (FS)

5. Montori Hughes (DT) or Chris Harper (WR)

You are correct.  No Adams... Maybe we go after Hopkins, Allen, Hunter, Patterson, etc...

I like the kid from Elon late in the draft too....he had a tough Senior Bowl,,,,,,Aaron Mellete.,,,,getting to be friends with TY and the boys could get us the big we all like...in the WCO...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8883022/2013-nfl-draft-aaron-mellette-big-weekend

Even DE Glenn Dorsey would be a good addition to the DE rotation

Not really. He has been miscast in a 34 in KC for years...no need to continue that here in Indy. Gotta believe he goes to a 43 defense

not really he was playing very good ball the past 3 years until his injury this year.

I agree with blood. Dorsey is not a 3-4 DE. That is why KC is letting him walk. He is considered a bust by many. Dorsey is barely 6"1' which is not a good size for a 3-4 DE. DE's in the 3-4 need to be taller so they can get their hands in the passing lanes of the QB. 

I agree with blood. Dorsey is not a 3-4 DE. That is why KC is letting him walk. He is considered a bust by many. Dorsey is barely 6"1' which is not a good size for a 3-4 DE. DE's in the 3-4 need to be taller so they can get their hands in the passing lanes of the QB. 

I guess my question is why the heck would you want Dorsey when Nevis is the same size with incredible motor...we have someone at that size already.....if we even decide to keep him.  Most think Nevis is not for the 3-4.....I think his motor makes him capable.....if not injured...and that is a big IF.

I guess my question is why the heck would you want Dorsey when Nevis is the same size with incredible motor...we have someone at that size already.....if we even decide to keep him.  Most think Nevis is not for the 3-4.....I think his motor makes him capable.....if not injured...and that is a big IF.

I agree Brent. Nevis is just like Dorsey, only better. Nevis' problem so far has been injuries. I do think that Nevis could be a potential trade candidate even though I'm not sure we could really get much out of him. I love the way Nevis plays but do think he is better suited for a 4-3 UT. I think he can help in a rotation, but I do wonder if he is in the long term plans for the Colts.

I agree Brent. Nevis is just like Dorsey, only better. Nevis' problem so far has been injuries. I do think that Nevis could be a potential trade candidate even though I'm not sure we could really get much out of him. I love the way Nevis plays but do think he is better suited for a 4-3 UT. I think he can help in a rotation, but I do wonder if he is in the long term plans for the Colts.

I agree too Balzer.  I think sometimes people do forget we have Nevis...and like you say i really do feel he is better than Dorsey....we need a true 3-4 fit if we change....if NOT, Nevis has required motor!!! :thmup: