Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trailer FA/Mock

Offensive Line:

• OG Louis Vasquez--2nd best rated OL by PFF. Best Man-blocking scheme guard there is in FA. Contract: $32 Mill for 5 years

Defensive Line:

• DE Desmond Bryant--PFF's top-rated D-lineman. Raiders are deep in Salary Cap Goo-Goo. Want him for cheap but might command a ransom on the market (may not look like it now, but when you have 4 teams with $30 Mill in cap space or more, anything goes). Contract: $20 Mill for 4 years
  • OLB Paul Kruger-- Ravens are in some serious cap trouble and with Flacco wanting a huge contract, it might be difficult for them to sign Kruger to the contract he wants. He's looking for at least $38M for 5 years. Now there is a rumour, Indy's interested, so things should get interesting. Contract: $38 Mill for 5 years.

Draft:

1st Round: Xavier Rhodes (CB, FSU)--6'2, 215 pounds. Perfectly built to play right corner. Has great size, good speed, and is physical inside 5 yards. 

2nd Round: N/A

3rd Round: Chase Thomas (OLB, Stanford)--6'4, 250 pounds. Ideally, we'd like to draft Brandon Jenkins, however, I don't think he nor his partner is crime, Tank Carradine are gonna last to the bottom of the 3rd. If they are there, then we'll go with either of them. But I don't think they'll be, so we'll have to settle for Chase Thomas.

4th Round: Blaine Foltz (OG, TCU)--6'4, 315 pounds. Played and blocked well for TCU. He did his part to keep a clean pocket and open up running lanes. Has the frame to add another 10 pounds and has the athleticism to be an effective blocker on the secondary levels. Great value pick. Has the potential to become a solid offensive guard. 

5th Round: N/A

6th Round: Cooper Taylor (SS, Richmond)--6'5, 230 pounds. Yes, I typed that correctly. He is a safety. If he can drop 5 pounds, he has outstanding size to become a solid SS. He decent speed, and can easily cover TE and WR. 

7th Round: Nathan Williams (OLB, Ohio St.)--6'3, 260 pounds. Has potential. Only had 2 sacks but played better than those numbers indicate

What stands out is the signing of Kruger coupled with drafting two OLBs. I'm not exactly sold on Kruger, but as my signature should indicate, I'm not as big on pass rushers as other things.

Speaking of which.. I have a feeling we'll go for that DT/NT with the first pick since there's a plethora. 

Three Big Guys in the trenches, this would be an excellent Higher $Dollar FA class. SOLD.

Need a RT a little cheaper?

Lots of Veteran D-Lineman available at reasonable price so I

think Colts go OLB/pass rusher with our 1st pick. This may include moving back later in the first. (SF for their 3rd-6th) :)

In Grigson we Trust

3rd rd in order of pref. a Bav CB, RT, DL, S, RB.

4th Rd. Bav same.

4th rd comp for Garcon SAME

lol after that.

Offensive Line:

• OG Louis Vasquez--2nd best rated OL by PFF. Best Man-blocking scheme guard there is in FA. Contract: $32 Mill for 5 years

Defensive Line:

• DE Desmond Bryant--PFF's top-rated D-lineman. Raiders are deep in Salary Cap Goo-Goo. Want him for cheap but might command a ransom on the market (may not look like it now, but when you have 4 teams with $30 Mill in cap space or more, anything goes). Contract: $20 Mill for 4 years
  • OLB Paul Kruger-- Ravens are in some serious cap trouble and with Flacco wanting a huge contract, it might be difficult for them to sign Kruger to the contract he wants. He's looking for at least $38M for 5 years. Now there is a rumour, Indy's interested, so things should get interesting. Contract: $38 Mill for 5 years.

Draft:

1st Round: Xavier Rhodes (CB, FSU)--6'2, 215 pounds. Perfectly built to play right corner. Has great size, good speed, and is physical inside 5 yards. 

3rd Round: Chase Thomas (OLB, Stanford)--6'4, 250 pounds. Ideally, we'd like to draft Brandon Jenkins, however, I don't think he nor his partner is crime, Tank Carradine are gonna last to the bottom of the 3rd. If they are there, then we'll go with either of them. But I don't think they'll be, so we'll have to settle for Chase Thomas.

4th Round: Blaine Foltz (OG, TCU)--6'4, 315 pounds. Played and blocked well for TCU. He did his part to keep a clean pocket and open up running lanes. Has the frame to add another 10 pounds and has the athleticism to be an effective blocker on the secondary levels. Great value pick. Has the potential to become a solid offensive guard. 

6th Round: Cooper Taylor (SS, Richmond)--6'5, 230 pounds. Yes, I typed that correctly. He is a safety. If he can drop 5 pounds, he has outstanding size to become a solid SS. He decent speed, and can easily cover TE and WR. 

7th Round: Nathan Williams (OLB, Ohio St.)--6'3, 260 pounds. Has potential. Only had 2 sacks but played better than those numbers indicate

Certainly wouldn't be bad if there were any way we could trade back a bit and still get Rhodes

I have had my eye on Cooper Taylor for awhile.....we were talking about size and safeties in the official safety thread.  This guy will not dissappoint in my observation.....I wonder if he might move up due to more teams wanting BIG safeties...paticularly SS.  I personally want them both with good size.

I came across this article...also has video. It has Taylor and David Bass....a small DE.  If he reminds folks of Aldon Smith...at least worth a look...enjoy guys!

http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-draft/2013/1/15/3879586/draft-spotlight-cooper-taylor-and-david-bass

Offensive Line:

Defensive Line:

Draft:

I like it except for the last pick and I think we can afford to spend a little more than 19 million in free agency.

I like the signing of Vasquez but thats about it. I think Jerry Hughes can get 10 sacks a year as a full time starter and Kruger is good but not worth the money when we have Mathis and Hughes starting. As far as the draft i doubt we take a cb in the 1st round with guys like Mike Jenkins,DRC,Talib,and Grimes in free agency. We have to get better on the defensive and offensive lines. My top 3 would be Sheldon Richardson,Jonathan Cooper,or DJ Fluker. Also 3rd round i would go after a safety Jonathan Cyprien or Baccari Rambo.