Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My end of January mock...

I don't usually like to include trades because they're tough to imagine, but I'm gonna play around with one here.

Notable Free Agency Moves

WR Dwayne Bowe

OG Luis Vasquez

OLB Paul Kruger

CB Mike Jenkins

Draft

Indianapolis trades #24 for Arizona's second, third and fifth round picks.

2nd round (From Arizona): Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky

3rd round (From Arizona): Bennie Logan, DT, LSU

3rd round: Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina

4th round: Montori Hughes, DT, Tennessee-Martin

5th round (From Arizona): Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech

6th round: Wes Horton, OLB, USC

7th round: Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Harvard

I don't usually like to include trades because they're tough to imagine, but I'm gonna play around with one here.

WR Dwayne Bowe

OG Luis Vasquez

OLB Paul Kruger

CB Mike Jenkins

Draft

I like the Warford pick but maybe a little early. Justin Hunter with that 1st pick and Warford with the first 3rd rd pick

IMO there is ZERO probability we sign Bowe.

Kruger at age 27 would be worth a 4-5 year contract. Solid talent & FB savy.

I could see us making a Competitive offer for him. If Mathis was worth $9M per at his age, and HE WASN`T.

Like what I have been able to find on Vasquez. If he IS such a stout run blocker he would work.

Would he leave SD for about equal $$$?

I watched Warford in Sr Bowl practice and Mayock saw things he liked.

Without a pyschological profile and Pro Day/Combine results, I wouldn`t have a clue who belongs On our draft board, or what round they should be taken.

WR Dwayne Bowe

OG Luis Vasquez

OLB Paul Kruger

CB Mike Jenkins

Draft

I like the idea of trading down unless a stud is available. I dont think we need Dwayne Bowe and I would sub DRC over Jenkins at CB.

I would change the draft a little to this...

2nd- OG Larry Warford

3rd- SS Duke Williams

3rd- NT Brandon Williams

4th- CB Darius Slay

5th- Best DE/OLB available

I like the idea of trading down unless a stud is available. I dont think we need Dwayne Bowe and I would sub DRC over Jenkins at CB.

2nd- OG Larry Warford

3rd- SS Duke Williams

3rd- NT Brandon Williams

4th- CB Darius Slay

I agree on Bowe, and I really doubt Grigson is going to go after any FAs that are going to threaten to break the bank.  I expect him to pursue value guys across the board, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of activity around the edges, with few or no earth shattering moves. 

Just because we have the money to spend doesn't mean it should all be blown on a couple new players.

I think The Peytonator has the right idea with his Under the Radar Signings thread, where he proposes OG Geoff Schwartz, DL Desmond Bryant, CB Greg Toler, and OLB Michael Bennett, all of which I think would come with palatable price tags and would fit well with the Colts.  I am inclined to add WR Ramses Barden to that list as a solid value pickup, too, and I think Gosder Cherilus would be a reasonably priced option at RT.

2nd- OG Larry Warford

3rd- SS Duke Williams

3rd- NT Brandon Williams

4th- CB Darius Slay

2nd-OT Menelik Watson (Warford is gonna go in the top 35, we're just gonna miss out on him)

3rd-OLB Chase Thomas

3rd-CB Darius Slay

4th-SS DJ Swearinger (though he may go earlier)

5th-WR Aaron Mellette 

The only reason I went with Bowe was because I'm really not a fan of the other FA wide receivers, and I'm not sure there's mid-round guy that could have the instant impact we'd need, maybe other than Marquess Wilson but there are off-field issues to clear up there.

Hartline..    will cost less, faster, and younger...  

The only reason I went with Bowe was because I'm really not a fan of the other FA wide receivers, and I'm not sure there's mid-round guy that could have the instant impact we'd need, maybe other than Marquess Wilson but there are off-field issues to clear up there.

Just for fun this is how I hope it goes down....

FA..  Seymour  DE,  Best OT, Hartline WR, and ..........    a CB if possible.

resign all ours of course.....   the one's that matter anyway.

Draft

1   B Jones

3   Warford...   if he's around...     I doubt it but this would be lovely.

4   R Burkhead or L Bell.. RB....     

later rounds all DB's

Just for fun this is how I hope it goes down....

FA..  Seymour  DE,  Best OT, Hartline WR, and ..........    a CB if possible.

resign all ours of course.....   the one's that matter anyway.

Draft

1   B Jones

3   Warford...   if he's around...     I doubt it but this would be lovely.

4   R Burkhead or L Bell.. RB....     

later rounds all DB's

Richard Seymour? That guy is 34 and is going to want a huge contract. No thanks.