Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seahawks GM willing to part with Flynn, maybe Tebow lands there?

chad72

But the big question would be if Tebow would be willing to be a backup QB full well knowing that Russell is going to be their starting QB I would think for some time to come since he's a rookie. I would think if Tebow still wanted to play QB his best option would be with a team that already has a QB that is on the back side of his career or a needy QB team. Just asking :)

I don't get it.  Tebow is the epitomy of college read option style QB.  In fact, everyone said he would never be an NFL QB because of that.  Now, we have at least 3 teams that run it and nobody talks bad about these QBs.  If Seattle had grabbed Tebow and started using the same system as RW, don't you think he would have been somewhat successful?  

I don't get it. Tebow is the epitomy of college read option style QB. In fact, everyone said he would never be an NFL QB because of that. Now, we have at least 3 teams that run it and nobody talks bad about these QBs. If Seattle had grabbed Tebow and started using the same system as RW, don't you think he would have been somewhat successful?

Wilson, griffen and kap are all accurate passers. Tebow isn't

I don't get it.  Tebow is the epitomy of college read option style QB.  In fact, everyone said he would never be an NFL QB because of that.  Now, we have at least 3 teams that run it and nobody talks bad about these QBs.  If Seattle had grabbed Tebow and started using the same system as RW, don't you think he would have been somewhat successful?  

problem is Tebow is not even closely accurate when he throws, so teams won't be afraid of his play action passes. He runs well but he isn't very quick either. Good thing is he is stronger than guys like RGIII and could be more durable. He was "somewhat" successful in Denver and at least they made the playoff and won a game. But in overall comparing him with RGIII or RW, he is not as effective and much easier to defend.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127256/article/seattle-seahawks-gm-open-to-parting-with-matt-flynn

If the read option is going to be an integral part of their offense, Tebow as a backup makes a lot of sense.

Plus, I think Pete Carroll could be the kind of coach that could make it work though the Tebow fan circus always scares teams. :)

It makes perfect sense.  Quite frankly the Seattle fans already provide quite a circus.  If Tebow does not end up with these 'read' offenses I do not see a fit for him in the NFL period:  Especially since David Caldwell shot down any Jacksonville Tebow signing rumors.

As has been previously stated, any teams not running the read, pistol....whatever you call YOUR version would have to chance their entire offense like Denver did in 2011 to make signing Tim Tebow worthwhile....plain and simple.

problem is Tebow is not even closely accurate when he throws, so teams won't be afraid of his play action passes. He runs well but he isn't very quick either. Good thing is he is stronger than guys like RGIII and could be more durable. He was "somewhat" successful in Denver and at least they made the playoff and won a game. But in overall comparing him with RGIII or RW, he is not as effective and much easier to defend.

That would be the case only if Russell Wilson is not on the field. Rex Ryan obviously was not on board with the Tebow decision and as a result, Tebow's snaps were limited too. If both RW and Tebow were on the field at the same time, a playcaller can get very creative, IMO because here you have a FB/QB that runs the read option, and another QB that can run the read option, and pass and an O-line that can give them all ample time.

I can see formations with 2 QBs with one of them a FB type like Tebow, 1 RB, 5 OL, 1 TE, 2 WRs that could cause a lot of headache if executed well, IMO.

That is why Tebow will be backup QB, not a primary one. He will soon come to the realization that he can at least play backup QB, if not primary QB.

[blockquote class=ipsBlockquote" data-author="jvan1973" data-cid="392450][p]Wilson, griffen and kap are all accurate passers. Tebow isn't</p></blockquote><br />Just about to post that response. Wilson, RG3, Kap, and even Cam are much more accurate passers than Tebow ever will be. Tebow is no threat in the passing game and all you have to do is contain the run and you would blow the Broncos out. The Pats just decimated the Broncos because Tebow is no threat in the air.

Pete would be smart to stay far away from Tebow because he will not change positions and the Tebow fanboys will be nothing but a headache to listen to.

wow.... Seattle is willing to part ways with Flynn (so he can be a starter somewhere else) and instead of talking about where he might land, we talk about if Teblow might take over as backup QB????  who the h e double hockey stick cares?

Real question to ponder now....  Who might be willing to trade for Flynn?