New Mock Draft

***Trade down from Pick (23-26), into 2nd round (35-40) + 4th Rounder

2nd Round-- Xavier Rhodes (CB) Florida State OR Matt Elam (SS) Florida

3rd Round-- Quinton Patton (WR) Louisiana Tech

4th Round-- Gabe Jackson (OG) Mississippi State

4th Round-- Trent Murphy (OLB) Stanford

5th Round-- Baker Steinkuhler (DE) Nebraska

6th Round-- Dustin Hopkins (K) FSU

7th Round-- Brandan Bishop (FS) North Carolina State OR Ed Reynolds (SS) Stanford

Like that draft, Im not a fan of trading down at this point, I'd rather trade a 2014 mid to 2nd round pick plus Drake Nevis for a 2nd round pick this year. I like Trent Murphy but not as much as Brandon Jenkins at this point. I really like Patton and would not mind if we called his name but I think you have him overdrafted (I see thim more a late 4th through 5th. I like Baker(he is a DE I have my eyes on but I think I would draft Maryland DE/DT Joe Vellano in th 5th before him. Im not a fan of drafting kickers although sooner or later we will need one, I'd rather get one in FA, good ones could probably be had. love the Brandan Bishop draft pick

Also if we trade from the 1st to the 2nd, we will get much more than a 4th...

If we trade as far as you propose, my hunch is we'll get a 2/3/5....

When the Patriots traded down so Denver could take Tebow, they got a 2/3/4.... I doubt we'll get that much... but certainly more than just a 4....

Also.... if Murphy comes out, and it's not clear yet that he will, but if he does, I suspect he'll be gone by the end of the 3rd round.

We don't have a 5th yet.... but we should get at least that -- or so I'm told -- for losing Garcon to the Redskins....

The status of getting a 6 from Miami in the Davis deal is not clear... and I don't think we have a 7... although that's not clear as well either.... at least, I don't believe it is...

Also if we trade from the 1st to the 2nd, we will get much more than a 4th...

If we trade as far as you propose, my hunch is we'll get a 2/3/5....

When the Patriots traded down so Denver could take Tebow, they got a 2/3/4.... I doubt we'll get that much... but certainly more than just a 4....

I really doubt that we would ever get more than 2 mid-late round picks for trading back 10 spots. At best, maybe a 3rd and 5th, but no more than that since this draft is pretty well stocked all the way through, most teams will probably be hesitant to part with more than 2 picks to get one solid-great guy. But who knows?

Like that draft, Im not a fan of trading down at this point, I'd rather trade a 2014 mid to 2nd round pick plus Drake Nevis for a 1nd round pick this year. I like Trent Murphy but not as much as Brandon Jenkins at this point. I really like Patton and would not mind if we called his name but I think you have him overdrafted (I see thim more a late 4th through 5th. I like Baker(he is a DE I have my eyes on but I think I would draft Maryland DE/DT Joe Vellano in th 5th before him. Im not a fan of drafting kickers although sooner or later we will need one, I'd rather get one in FA, good ones could probably be had. love the Brandan Bishop draft pick

Drake Nevis isn't gonna get us much. The only way I see us parting with a high-draft pick next year is if we are trading back into the 2nd round. Also, Brandon Jenkins is out with an injury (at least I think so), so not a huge fan of taking an injured players. As far as Patton goes, he's probably gonna rise after the combine and pro-day considering he has 4.4 speed with great hands and good route-running skills. The only reason he's not gonna go in the 1st or 2nd rounds is basically because he's from a small school, but considering the reach St. Louis did last year with Brian Quick (App. St), nothing is out of the realm. Joe Vellano is a solid players but he's too short for a 3-4 DE. Those guys have to be big and have good size (see Cory Redding), something Baker Steinkuhler has (6'6 290 pounds) + decent speed. Brandan Bishop is really just a shot-in-the-dark kind of pick. He's a project considering his skills are mediorce, but has good size. Personally, I prefer Ed Reynolds out of Stanford. The kid is a ball-hawk (has 8 picks this year with 3 Pick-6's). His coverage skills are good and is a hard-hitting safety and he's durable.

I really doubt that we would ever get more than 2 mid-late round picks for trading back 10 spots. At best, maybe a 3rd and 5th, but no more than that since this draft is pretty well stocked all the way through, most teams will probably be hesitant to part with more than 2 picks to get one solid-great guy. But who knows?

Oh boy.... you just said what I just said. I said if we trade out of the 1st round we'd get a 2/3/5. You just said if we traded out of the first round we'd get a 2/3/5...

Hey.... just sayin....

Like that draft, Im not a fan of trading down at this point, I'd rather trade a 2014 mid to 2nd round pick plus Drake Nevis for a 2nd round pick this year. I like Trent Murphy but not as much as Brandon Jenkins at this point. I really like Patton and would not mind if we called his name but I think you have him overdrafted (I see thim more a late 4th through 5th. I like Baker(he is a DE I have my eyes on but I think I would draft Maryland DE/DT Joe Vellano in th 5th before him. Im not a fan of drafting kickers although sooner or later we will need one, I'd rather get one in FA, good ones could probably be had. love the Brandan Bishop draft pick

Trading players rarely brings much value. You saw how few trades there were at the trade deadline this year. Teams just don't do it. So, trading Nevis (who doesn't have much value anyway) and a 2014 #2 isn't going to entice any team to give up a 2013 #2. Not enough value for the team to trade a current pick for a future pick when they're the same round.

Oh boy.... you just said what I just said. I said if we trade out of the 1st round we'd get a 2/3/5. You just said if we traded out of the first round we'd get a 2/3/5...

Hey.... just sayin....

Sorry man, didn't mean it like that. I mean to say that we could either get a 2nd and a 4th; or 3rd, 4th and 5th. Doubt we could get a 2nd, 3rd and 5th. But love the optimism

Drake Nevis isn't gonna get us much. The only way I see us parting with a high-draft pick next year is if we are trading back into the 2nd round. Also, Brandon Jenkins is out with an injury (at least I think so), so not a huge fan of taking an injured players. As far as Patton goes, he's probably gonna rise after the combine and pro-day considering he has 4.4 speed with great hands and good route-running skills. The only reason he's not gonna go in the 1st or 2nd rounds is basically because he's from a small school, but considering the reach St. Louis did last year with Brian Quick (App. St), nothing is out of the realm. Joe Vellano is a solid players but he's too short for a 3-4 DE. Those guys have to be big and have good size (see Cory Redding), something Baker Steinkuhler has (6'6 290 pounds) + decent speed. Brandan Bishop is really just a shot-in-the-dark kind of pick. He's a project considering his skills are mediorce, but has good size. Personally, I prefer Ed Reynolds out of Stanford. The kid is a ball-hawk (has 8 picks this year with 3 Pick-6's). His coverage skills are good and is a hard-hitting safety and he's durable.

Yeah I know Nevis wont get us much alone but for some 4-3 team looking for interior pass rush, giving up a 2nd round pick next year could sweetin the deal just enough. Jenkins is out for the year yes, but pre injury he was a stud and may be worth a shot in the 3rd IF he is healthy which we could get a good idea of that at his pro day or combine (Im not saying draft him but his skills and numbers do warrant taking a look). Steinkuhler has size but not near the production for me compared to Vellano, I like him but there at DE's that are around his height right now that are doing well, Ziggy Hood 6'3", weight does have a factor and how you use it and so does height but I dont put near as much stock into height as I do weight and how its used. Bishop has has 178 tackles 3 forced fumbles in 2 years, and 10 picks in 3 years, Either Safety sounds good to me. But Im really liking Vellano if we have a shot to get him

Yeah I know Nevis wont get us much alone but for some 4-3 team looking for interior pass rush, giving up a 2nd round pick next year could sweetin the deal just enough. Jenkins is out for the year yes, but pre injury he was a stud and may be worth a shot in the 3rd IF he is healthy which we could get a good idea of that at his pro day or combine (Im not saying draft him but his skills and numbers do warrant taking a look). Steinkuhler has size but not near the production for me compared to Vellano, I like him but there at DE's that are around his height right now that are doing well, Ziggy Hood 6'3", weight does have a factor and how you use it and so does height but I dont put near as much stock into height as I do weight and how its used. Bishop has has 178 tackles 3 forced fumbles in 2 years, and 10 picks in 3 years, Either Safety sounds good to me. But Im really liking Vellano if we have a shot to get him

My problem with Vellano is that he plays for Maryland. MARYLAND. You know, a school whose football team's as talented as their cricket team (in other words, talentless). Does Vellano have production? Yes. But against whom? If he was from the SEC, or Big 12, or Pac-12 or even the Big East, he would have been worth a shot. But that's not the case. Steinkuhler is a boom/bust type of player, a chance on whom, in the 5th round, I think we should take. As far as weight goes, in a 3-4 with Chapman in the middle, we shouldn't have too much difficulty with the weight. Also Steinkuhler is a little heavier than Vellano. And personally is Reynolds doesn't declare, we should take Bishop in the 7th. If Reynolds declares, then we take him instead.

My problem with Vellano is that he plays for Maryland. MARYLAND. You know, a school whose football team's as talented as their cricket team (in other words, talentless). Does Vellano have production? Yes. But against whom? If he was from the SEC, or Big 12, or Pac-12 or even the Big East, he would have been worth a shot. But that's not the case. Steinkuhler is a boom/bust type of player, a chance on whom, in the 5th round, I think we should take. As far as weight goes, in a 3-4 with Chapman in the middle, we shouldn't have too much difficulty with the weight. Also Steinkuhler is a little heavier than Vellano. And personally is Reynolds doesn't declare, we should take Bishop in the 7th. If Reynolds declares, then we take him instead.

At the end of day just a matter of preference but I will leave it at this(or try to :funny: .)

Dwight Freeney-Syrause

Antoine Bethea-Howard

Jerrell Freeman-Mary Hardin Baylor

T.Y. Hilton-Florida International

Robert Mathis-Texas Christian

Vinatieri-South Dakota State

All came from small schools but all showed they all had one thing in common and thats that they all had alot of skill, I've never seen Steinkuhler play or highlights so I can only speak on what I read and his production but watching Vellano play you can see he keeps his eyes on the ball and always seems to find it after he takes care of his assignment and he does have a serious motor on top of that, he is relentless

Maryland has a very good football team. They had to start a LB at QB this year, any team who is put in that situation would suck (except maybe Notre Dame, whose QB was about as good as a LB this year). I think they had 4 QBs go down this year, they are very talented.

Just re-reading Palo Alto's original post and noticed how he had Stanford's Ed Reynold's going in the 7th round.

Goodness.

First, Reynold's has another year before he's even eligible to come out. So, he'll be back at Stanford.

But, if he **could** come out he'd never last to the 7th round... he'd be gone by no later than the 4th round...

Come on now, Palo Alto!! You should know better! Gotta represent accurately and fairly! In this case Reynolds needs a little more love... not less! :thmup:

Maryland has a very good football team. They had to start a LB at QB this year, any team who is put in that situation would suck (except maybe Notre Dame, whose QB was about as good as a LB this year). I think they had 4 QBs go down this year, they are very talented.

Off topic but is your youtube account NobodyColts

At the end of day just a matter of preference but I will leave it at this(or try to :funny: .)

Dwight Freeney-Syrause

Antoine Bethea-Howard

All came from small schools but all showed they all had one thing in common and thats that they all had alot of skill, I've never seen Steinkuhler play or highlights so I can only speak on what I read and his production but watching Vellano play you can see he keeps his eyes on the ball and always seems to find it after he takes care of his assignment and he does have a serious motor on top of that, he is relentless

Robert Mathis went to Alabama A&M....and here is somebody for you to watch as the Senior Bowl approaches NT/DE Brandon Williams Missouri Southern Division II defensive player of the year and he will be our 4th round selection

Robert Mathis went to Alabama A&M....and here is somebody for you to watch as the Senior Bowl approaches NT/DE Brandon Williams Missouri Southern Division II defensive player of the year and he will be our 4th round selection

Thats right....I was looking at Jerry Hughes profile when I typed that. Got a profile on Williams or highlights or something?

Thats right....I was looking at Jerry Hughes profile when I typed that. Got a profile on Williams or highlights or something?

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1424923-2013-nfl-draft-missouri-southern-defensive-tackle-brandon-williams

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97516&draftyear=2013&genpos=DT

http://m.thechartonline.com/mobile/sports/article_dec99430-400a-11e2-96f1-001a4bcf6878.html

There is a video on him on YouTube called: Brandon Williams-drive to make it

Last year, I wanted us to land an (at the time) unheralded guy in the mid rounds- but by the time draft time hit, Derek Wolfe's stock had blown up and he went in the 2nd to the Broncos.

The same thing is going to happen with Williams. I like your eye for talent, but the problem is Williams is just too good to slip that far. There's a good chance he'll wind up a late 1st/early 2nd rounder by the time the draft gets here. If he does last until our 4th, we'd be stealing him.

Dwight Freeney-Syrause

Antoine Bethea-Howard

Not to mention the powerhouse Mount Union, which gave us both Pierre Garcon and our nemesis Cecil Shorts.

I think it was on a Quinton Patton video.

Edit: yes it was. VS Texas A&M you posted a comment saying it's scouting tape not highlights

Ahh, yeah, I remember that. Some guy was all angry because he thought scouting tape was "bad highlights" haha

Dwight Freeney-Syrause

Antoine Bethea-Howard

Guess, you made me out my own words. My apologies :jump: