Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff Invoices?

deedub75

For all of you season ticket holders, the invoices are on the way. It still seems surreal that we may actually make the playoffs after a 2-14 season and after rebuilding.

What are our chances of actually hosting a home playoff game? We'd pretty much have to win out to win the division.

The problem is they make you pay for both the divisional game and the AFCCG up front and then they credit the money back to your STH account for whatever games are not played.

This is very frustrating. I just cannot justify paying out $630 right now for the two games. I could handle the cost for one game. What adds to the frustration is that 72 hours after the deadline it will not even be possible for us to host more than one game if Houston beats NE and us. As good as Houston is, we have to be happy if we can split these two games with them. A split guarantees we can only make the playoffs as a wild card.

Its fine. Not fun spending that amount of jack around Christmas but it makes the season ticket bill in March a heckuva lot more tolerable.

It is the timing for me. I have a large expense in December that makes tickets for two playoff games unreasonable for me. If it was one game, I could probably pull it off. In March, with normal other expenses, I will be ready for the season ticket invoice. That is why I am frustrated that a deadline a few days later could make the difference between being able to purchase postseason tickets or not.

I guess it's all about the money grab as usual. In the past it wasn't as big of an issue because we always in position to win the division so we were all but guaranteed a home game. It's tough to shell out that kind of money right before Christmas.

Well, if you have an NFL Colts credit card you can buy tickets and have 6 months no interest.

I do not like the way they operate on the season tix holders playoff tix operation but it is a biz of cash flow and they know if you won't buy them, the scampers will so either way, they are going to make money. I will pay it because I don't want to miss out on the first possible playoff game of Lucks career if it happens to fall that way.

If it is tough to shell out this kinda money for the month of dec, you have to operate like any other item, you budget for it and save up for the year in anticipation for it. Of course each person has to operate under priority. Home and family first then luxury stuff.

I guess it's all about the money grab as usual. In the past it wasn't as big of an issue because we always in position to win the division so we were all but guaranteed a home game.

True, and if we were in that position this year I might be able to find someone to take a chance on us hosting two games and split the cost. They could have one game and I would take the other. However, with us being a likely wild card and needing an unusual set of circumstances to even host one game, it would be tough to get someone to share the cost this year. That is why the deadline being within 72 hours of the Houston game is frustrating for me. A few more days and it would either be clear we could only potentially host one game, or it would open up the possibility for me to make a deal with another Colts fan to split the cost of postseason tickets. I do realize that if Houston loses to NE and we beat the Titans, our fate is in our own hands at that point. I am just not too optimistic on being able to sell someone on the idea of us sweeping the Texans this year to win the division. It is not that I don't think it is possible. It is just that I would have to find someone willing to make that leap of faith since I would not be refunding their money until mid-February if the game did not happen. If we had a few more days to pay and we beat the Texans on the 16th, it becomes much easier to sell this deal to someone.

Believe me, I am not someone who takes missing a game lightly. This is my 6th year as a season ticket holder. During that time, I have only missed 2 regular season games due to being out of state visiting family for holidays. The only postseason game I missed during that time was due to being unemployed at the time. If it was feasible for me to pay the full amount right now, I would.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife took care of me. She has a very busy schedule the next month and said she was fine watching any possible playoff games at home (tailgating plus game equals an all day event). Just got done paying for one of my seats and gave up the other one for any playoff games.

Colts expectations will be high next year if the Colts make the playoffs this year. Kind of a good thing considering all the cap room & the off time that everyone will have room for improvement.

Next year I expect to see a nasty Colts team that will still even have room for improvement years after that even.