Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MNF Giants vs Redskins

supremecoltsfan300

If the NY Giants face the Redskins in the Playoffs, my game plan as a DC would be 2 fold in scope: stop RB Morris at all costs and hit WR Pierre Garcon as hard & as often as possible. Take away RG3's #1 security blanket on the field.

Keep RG3 contained in the pocket & force him to beat me through the air. Shoot for mostly coverage sacks & a few well timed blitzes etc.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game. Nothing spectacular but he did what he needed to do and didn't make any mistakes besides that fumble lol.

I guess some fans prefer QBs who throw 3 picks a game and have to try and dig them out of big holes late in the game. I'll take the "game manager" thank you.

I think he'll be fine. he only ran the ball 5 times today. Early i nthe year, he was running the ball 10-15 times a game, now he is around the 5 run mark. Jus tthe threat of him running scares defenses.

I hear ya. I agree. Its working great right now.

I just dont think theyll need to run him as much down the road nor should they. Let him make the plays on the ground when he needs to in the future.

Good game. Nothing spectacular but he did what he needed to do and didn't make any mistakes besides that fumble lol.

I guess some fans prefer QBs who throw 3 picks a game and have to try and dig them out of big holes late in the game. I'll take the "game manager" thank you.

yea this was a great win. The Giants are a tough team. World Champs. Eli is the most clutch QB in the NFL. RG3 made plays when he had to make them. The play calling was great, but you got a sense that Kyle was calling this game pretty close to the vest. Morris was a beast. that guy runs as hard as any RB I've seen in years.

If game manager means 9 td passes in 3 division games, yea, I'll take that everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. 3-1 in the division.

Arians is just having him throw way too much. Especially considering the horrific job our O-line does in pass protection. If he drops back 52 times against your boys its going to be a lonnnngggg dayyyyy.

It's easier to manage a game if you actually have a run game and solid pass protection...

Arians is just having him throw way too much. Especially considering the horrific job our O-line does in pass protection. If he drops back 52 times against your boys its going to be a lonnnngggg dayyyyy.

I agree, Luck threw the ball WAY too much this week, he needs to widdle that number down below 40 and rely more on run plays. I think we have a capable backfield with Brown and Ballard. Atleast this week it made sense, being down most of the game to a high powered offense. I am sure if RGIII had to make that many attempts, alot of his numbers would drop considerably. The Redskins are just a much more balanced offense. It doesn't make him a worse or better QB, it's just the way it is. Hard to compare two QBs, this early in their careers in two completely different offenses.

I had the Redskins winning this one. This Giants team is just too up and down for me.

The NFC east is really up in the air now.

Somehow the NFC East always manages to be like this. Never fails.

wasn't impressed at all by rg3 1 wide open td pass 163 yards passing he played like a game manager I don't understand why he is so overhyped

You'd have to see some of his other games. Tonight was a "bad" night for him and the key to victory tonight was the run game (which Griffin certainly contributed to).

It's easier to manage a game if you actually have a run game and solid pass protection...

I agree, Luck threw the ball WAY too much this week, he needs to widdle that number down below 40 and rely more on run plays. I think we have a capable backfield with Brown and Ballard. Atleast this week it made sense, being down most of the game to a high powered offense. I am sure if RGIII had to make that many attempts, alot of his numbers would drop considerably. The Redskins are just a much more balanced offense. It doesn't make him a worse or better QB, it's just the way it is. Hard to compare two QBs, this early in their careers in two completely different offenses.

Mike Shanahan has always believed in a solid ground game & naked bootleg plays, which Jake Plummer excelled at, but RG3 is just so darn fast it's like hydroplaning on a football field...I've never seen anything like it!

Wow, he's better than Michael Vick during his Atlanta Falcon days because RG3 is primarily a pocket passer 1st who only moves when he has too vs Vick who has always been a scrambler who relied on his legs 1st & foremost to get him out of a bad play or collapsed pocket etc.

The Skins just made Eli Manning lose in December & he rarely loses in December. Washington has a better than average shot of winning the NFC East Division crown IMO because RG3 neutralizes the Giants pass rush & wares them down to the point of sheer exhaustion by the middle of 4th quarter IMO.

Mike Shanahan has always believed in a solid ground game & naked bootleg plays, which Jake Plummer excelled at, but RG3 is just so darn fast it's like hydroplaning on a football field...I've never seen anything like it!

I hadn't really seen much of him before but that accurately describes it.

I hadn't really seen much of him before but that accurately describes it.

Thanks JJ! I appreciate that. :rock: I was searching for the right word to describe RG3's speed. Hydroplaning is it IMHO.

Here are 5 thumbs for you since I ran out of likes already. Major bummer. :thmup: :thmup: :thmup: :thmup: :thmup:

gold-cup.jpg

hydroplaning.jpg

I don't like RG3, nothing personal, it has everything to do with playing for the redskins, but that's another topic. Now let me just get down to the nitty, gritty....

HE OWNED THE GIANTS DEFENSE, HE TOOK THEIR BEST SHOT AND TORCHED THEM IN PRIME TIME! THE WORLD CHAMPS! He ran through the division and torched the eagles, cowboys and the champs to get back in the division hunt!

I like that offense they run from a spectator point of view, it's fun to watch and exciting, but I hate his team.

But let's see how well he does in the long run, and hope he doesn't burn out or get destroyed out there.

I'm not a fan, but I would be a liar if I said I was not impressed! But with that style, it's just a matter of time if he's not careful! DON'T PLAY DETROIT, LOL!

I don't like RG3, nothing personal, it has everything to do with playing for the redskins, but that's another topic. Now let me just get down to the nitty, gritty....

HE OWNED THE GIANTS DEFENSE, HE TOOK THEIR BEST SHOT AND TORCHED THEM IN PRIME TIME! THE WORLD CHAMPS! He ran through the division and torched the eagles, cowboys and the champs to get back in the division hunt!

I like that offense they run from a spectator point of view, it's fun to watch and exciting, but I hate his team.

But let's see how well he does in the long run, and hope he doesn't burn out or get destroyed out there.

I'm not a fan, but I would be a liar if I said I was not impressed! But with that style, it's just a matter of time if he's not careful! DON'T PLAY DETROIT, LOL!

lol dont play Detroit? Why, cause they are dirty?