Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MNF Giants vs Redskins

supremecoltsfan300

I agree supremecoltsfan300, 100%. If I was Coach Shanahan, that's the 1st thing I'd be covering on Monday in the film room. Do that stunt in the Playoffs & your team is usually going home.

True, but Griffin is not known for turning over the ball very much. I'm sure he gets a free pass for this one. haha

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a "signature win" late in the year.

Screams clinch to me, but that's just my opinion lol.

I have to agree. If luck beats houston once then he'll be back in it, but realistically rg3 and luck will finish with the same amount of wins or about 1 off. Then it's all about stats which rg3 destroys luck in, plus the late signature win on mnf against the defending world champs

wasn't impressed at all by rg3 1 wide open td pass 163 yards passing he played like a game manager I don't understand why he is so overhyped

wasn't impressed at all by Luck 3 interceptions and played reckless I don't understand why he is so overhyped

see what I did there?

A TD is a TD and a win is a win especially against the defending champs and people you were never expected to beat. If Griffin is a game manager then I wouldn't mind having one down here in Houston. Guy is electric, no doubt about it.

the giant's are just inconsistent the redskin's swept them last year with rex grossmen , Alfred morris is the reason they win games, he is a stud over 1000 rushing yards. Teams are learning how to play the option, rg3 isn't going to have wide open wr's anymore

the giant's are just inconsistent the redskin's swept them last year with rex grossmen , Alfred morris is the reason they win games, he is a stud over 1000 rushing yards. Teams are learning how to play the option, rg3 isn't going to have wide open wr's anymore

The Giants did not figure out the option today - he gashed them for a 45 yard run. Garcon was running wide open on the last pass. WR's dropped some key passes again today. They need to stop that crap.

Griffin's presence makes Morris' job even easier. This has been discussed numerous times on this board.

still put up close to 400 yards passing and 4 td passes on the road. I rather have a gun slinger than a game manager.

If it takes one TD pass to win a game then why have 4? Griff has a little gunslinger in him as well, did you see those deep balls? Game manager schame danager.

I think RG3 was impressive as was the entire redskin offense. I really liked the playbook.

I think when they improve their D they really will be tough and could be the team in the nfc east for a while.

Along with our Colts, the skins have a bright future as long as RG3 stays healthy.

Yea I agree. The skins have one of the more creative offenses in football.

Sooner than later the Redskins will start dominating that division.

Their Offense will get better and better every year, but their defense is a concern, earlier in the first half they could not stop the run game at all, good teams would have capitalized.

Redskins next year draft needs are:

-Defensive End

-Safety

-Cornerback.

True, but Griffin is not known for turning over the ball very much. I'm sure he gets a free pass for this one. haha

Yeah I know QuizBoy, RG3 is a great kid who works his tail off, which I love, but the HC has to keep the QB in line & pursuing fundamental football at all times. If the team sees that RG3 is not above reproach or criticism too, then everyone else on that squad will fine in line as well. Just like Peyton Manning & Tom Brady. Superstar NFL icon or not, no one is immune from scrutiny by the HC or their respective coordinator. Selflessness=the road to a world championship in any professional sport.

I agree. Luck has been great. He can win rookie of the year.

im not bashing rg3, I watched the whole game that's what I saw he is really fast but, he doesn't stand in the pocket and throw into coverage like luck he, he use's his legs to break down coverage and throw's to wide open wr's. I think he can be better with time if the redskins unleash him more.

Yeah I know QuizBoy, RG3 is a great kid who works his tail off, which I love, but the HC has to keep the QB in line & pursuing fundamental football at all times. If the team sees that RG3 is not above reproach or criticism too, then everyone else on that squad will fine in line as well. Just like Peyton Manning & Tom Brady. Superstar NFL icon or not, no one is immune from scrutiny by the HC or their respective coordinator. Selflessness=the road to a world championship in any professional sport.

I don't think ole PM has been criticized by a HC since his rookie year haha. I agree though, no leniency will be given when it comes to turnovers. They shouldn't happen.

Ask the Giants. They will tell you.

Like they just said on ESPN. Some players just transcend numbers.

so now its ok to ignore stats? ;)

Griffin played ok, made a couple key plays when needed, but it definitely wasn't his best game. Got lucky with the fumble. At the same time, never pass judgement based on one game.

im not bashing rg3, I watched the whole game that's what I saw he is really fast but, he doesn't stand in the pocket and throw into coverage like luck he, he use's his legs to break down coverage and throw's to wide open wr's. I think he can be better with time if the redskins unleash him more.

RG3 has TD passes where he has thrown into tight windows or covered wide recievers, but if a WR is WIDE open, he should go to the wide open guy. Its the smart thing to do.

Rg3 can make all the throws that Luck can, he has proven that this year. He can outrun a defense and that is something that Luck cant do (although Luck can truck people like a full back)

astute observation - Kyle Shanahan's playcalling has progressed thoughout the season and they're building more looks into it each week. Some games you see a lot of read option, some you don't. The giants are susceptible to it, so you saw a good deal of it tonight. The thing is, they haven't had a QB with this skill set before, so they're tinkering as they go. As some have implied - it isn't that he can't learn their offense, its that their offense is a work in progress.

so now its ok to ignore stats? ;)

Griffin played ok, made a couple key plays when needed, but it definitely wasn't his best game. Got lucky with the fumble. At the same time, never pass judgement based on one game.

Did I say that? Read my post. ESPN said that, more specifically, Steve Young.

And I agree with you that it wasnt his best game going by stats, but he did enough to win. Yes the Fumble was lucky, but hey, stuff happens lol.

Morris was the MVP of this game tho.

I think last year's team without Schaub would have to disagree. I also would take a look at his numbers this year. Not everyone can be a media darling. ;)

Point taken QuizBoy. There are 32 field generals in this league that encompass more than just 5 famous names: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rogers, & Eli Manning. A valid point. Thank you for the crucial reminder. I appreciate that.

Who knows next week on Monday Night Football with Houston at New England will serve as a good precursor to the possible AFC Championship Game to the SB this year too. Time will only tell.

astute observation - Kyle Shanahan's playcalling has progressed thoughout the season and they're building more looks into it each week. Some games you see a lot of read option, some you don't. The giants are susceptible to it, so you saw a good deal of it tonight. The thing is, they haven't had a QB with this skill set before, so they're tinkering as they go. As some have implied - it isn't that he can't learn their offense, its that their offense is a work in progress.

Alfred morris should be in the hunt for rookie of the year.

Did I say that? Read my post. ESPN said that, more specifically, Steve Young.

And I agree with you that it wasnt his best game going by stats, but he did enough to win. Yes the Fumble was lucky, but hey, stuff happens lol.

Morris was the MVP of this game tho.

I read your post - I'm just poking the bear is all. :) You could also say Luck transcends his stats referring to INTs but still winning games. ;)

I read your post - I'm just poking the bear is all. :) You could also say Luck transcends his stats referring to INTs but still winning games. ;)

Yup I agree. I've said that he turns the ball over too much, but there is something to be said for clutchness. Luck is clutch and wins games. Period.

I always enjoy watching my boy RG3 put on a show. I just wonder how long he can keep taking so many hits. They need to tweek that offense some to keep him cleaner without losing the razzle dazzle of course.

I wonder the exact same thing krunk. RG3 is as fast as lightning & the Giants LB's & DE's over pursued tonight. So much for gap control & containment.

Slightly off topic: I wonder who would have been faster RG3 right now or 49ers WR Jerry Rice in his prime? Can the Baylor speed demon beat "Jesus in Cleats?" I'm just curious I guess. :thinking:

I always enjoy watching my boy RG3 put on a show. I just wonder how long he can keep taking so many hits. They need to tweek that offense some to keep him cleaner without losing the razzle dazzle of course.

Its one big reason im not sure the Redskins can keep running this offense long term. He's already taken a ton of big hits this season. It will only get worse once teams have more film and are more prepared for it in the seasons to come. Dont get me wrong though....I actually like what theyve done with him for this season. Theyve really tailored the offense to use his skills right out of the gate.

I just think to help him stay healthy theyre going to have to eventually move away from running him so much. Im sure they are planning on it since Griff is a perfect fit for Shanny's zone running game/bootleg offense. Im sure he'll also learn to slide more often with time.

I wonder the exact same thing krunk. RG3 is as fast as lightning & the Giants LB's & DE's over pursued tonight. So much for gap control & containment.

Slightly off topic: I wonder who would have been faster RG3 right now or 49ers WR Jerry Rice in his prime? Can the Baylor speed demon beat "Jesus in Cleats?" I'm just curious I guess. :thinking:

I think I'd give a speed race to the Baylor speed demon. I don't think Jerry Rice ever ran a 4.3. Rice was an excellent route runner, had great stamina, hands, and he had outstanding coverage recognition along with other things I haven't mentioned.

Its one big reason im not sure the Redskins can keep running this offense long term. He's already taken a ton of big hits this season. It will only get worse once teams have more film and are more prepared for it in the seasons to come. Dont get me wrong though....I actually like what theyve done with him for this season. Theyve really tailored the offense to use his skills right out of the gate.

I just think to help him stay healthy theyre going to have to eventually move away from running him so much. Im sure they are planning on it since Griff is a perfect fit for Shanny's zone running game/bootleg offense. Im sure he'll also learn to slide more often with time.

I think he'll be fine. he only ran the ball 5 times today. Early i nthe year, he was running the ball 10-15 times a game, now he is around the 5 run mark. Jus tthe threat of him running scares defenses.