Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UNBELIVABLE _Big Ben was cleared to play but when asked to practice refused so Tomlin said no & this Vs Ravens yet

bayone

There's more to this story. Has to be. I don't question Ben's toughness, and I know he want's to play.

I would agree, thats all they said though -- , Tomlin told him to point blank practice after being cleared and he just didnt even though Tomlin told him he cant play if he doesn't practice

NOW THEY say he did practice somewhat earlier in week but then refused later

when I look at Steelers injurt y report he practiced LTD each day but may have just been stretching drills if Tomlin reacted in such a way

http://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report.html

The story I heard Thursday or Friday when Ben said he wasn't going to play was that he's concerned that a broken rib could puncture an aorta, or lung, or something else vital.

Not sure there's a tougher QB playing football right now. He plays through terrible injuries and pain.... if he's not willing to play, I take him at his word and don't question him...... at all...

The story I heard Thursday or Friday when Ben said he wasn't going to play was that he's concerned that a broken rib could puncture an aorta, or lung, or something else vital.

Not sure there's a tougher QB playing football right now. He plays through terrible injuries and pain.... if he's not willing to play, I take him at his word and don't question him...... at all...

This. And they made it sound as if it would take weeks to heal after the Chiefs game and then they said he is healer faster then expected.

Good for Ben. I don't think he needs to force himself out there like he did last year vs. the 49ers.

Besides, this is much much more serious. You hear "rib could puncture aorta" and you darn well better be careful. Dude has a new baby too.

Good for Ben again, for putting his health/life first before a game.

Yesterday they annopunced it was because he felt he could not throw deep, otherwise no worries

as far as broken rib could puncture an aorta,, that was the case after intial injury, i have no idea what it is now , there is an area there that is free floating naturally in the chest around the sternum I belive , few attachments to secure it , and with injury made that situation possible, sorry I caant explain it well